Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
KB BAP + Twin FP's

All this is butt dyno...

I have twin stock SS fuel pumps. I run e85 with a single large turbo at 10 PSI, etc. This is a heavily modded motor. Maybe high 600's at the crank. FAST 85# injectors (hey, they work fine for me)

Over the weekend, I did the HP Tuners change to the one table that ups the voltage at the FPCM to the fuel pump(s). Although I didn't log the PID until after the change, the car really came to life (another ~75 HP up top). I had been suspecting that the FP was falling off. Even after the reflash, I was still losing a few PSI (like 55 instead of 58).

I had also ordered the 40a KB Boost-a-Pump months ago and finally put that in yesterday, following the directions in another post (after the fuse block, before the FPCM). Now that car feels slower again, but I didn't really drive it enough to bother turning down the dial on the BAP (OK, I simply forgot to do this).

Is the BAP pointless after doing the ECU flash that ups the voltage?
Old 06-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I run the voltage table at 15.5v under boost, commanding more didn't help. If you set the BAP above that it should help but I think the FPCM sets a code around 18v, set it at 17.5 v max. Should help a bit but honestly I doubt very much. If you are only losing 3 psi at WOT it's no big deal. Hopefully you have a wideband and log your lambda or AFR. Butt dyno's stink.

Since you have HPT you can log your speed vs time in the scanner. I use 60 - 100 mph times in third on the same stretch of abandoned road for comparison. WOT at 55 so the throttle is WOT by 60. The time scale is in the lower right while scanning. My best is 3.6 sec 60 - 100mph in 50* temps. 3.8 sec avg summer. (closed course, pro diver, do not attempt on public roads)
Being an A6 you may have to pick a different gear or speed range to get a comparison but you see the point anyway. Even if it includes an auto shift it can be a fair gauge.

I run a Livernois twin on the stock FPCM and am losing pressure up top also. FIC 95's, 10 psi, E85. ~650 whp. .80 PE lambda or 1.25 in GM speak.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
granatl

I'm surprised that you're running it that rich.
I do have a wideband, and am shooting for .85 lambda (1.17-1.18). I can't seem to get steady values though. Regardless of WOT or idling, I have times where it shows .8 (the gauge doesn't have 2 decimal place resolution) .9, 1.0, ... 1.3. I don't mean the usual cycling fluctuations. I mean it will hold that number for several seconds which makes no sense to me where the computer is calculating its values.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
E85 likes to be fatter under boost than 93. Max rich E85 power is .71 lambda from what I can find. Max lean is .86. I like to be a bit on the safe side. I still see EGT's of 1350 in 4th WOT ~140 mph at the header collector, 10 psi boost.

Used to run .78 lambda and have been leaning it out a bit. I run 22* advance up top. I use an Autometer gauge (Bosch sensor) with the analog out into HPT Pro. 2 decimal place resolution on the display and HPT.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #5
granatl

Thanks for sharing! I'll try a richer mixture and see how that goes for me.