Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
I have the message I sent Shawn offering to bring it to him to inspect it!
Not sure how else to respond to this but again,

"We also cannot be liable to pay for work that another shop does prior to our investigations of failures. If we were given the opportunity to inspect it first you know in your heart we would have worked with you and made it right. That goes for anyone we have done work for...We were not given that opportunity to due so and we are sorry it would have been an inconvenience for you but we can not control that aspect of the situation. We simply cannot not go by the word of another shop when it comes to these situations. It MAY have been an exemption it we were notified of your plans a head of time and not after the fact."

We did not remove the trans for inspection. You brought it somewheres else!! How are we to know they didnt damage anything while they removed it.

let me put it this way. If someone had their factory warranty on their car and had an issue but instead of bringing it to the dealership for warranty repairs they brought it to Lethal Racing for the repair. Then the owner brought the bill to the dealership to recover his cost, do you think the dealership would pay that bill?? Of course not.

Last edited by BLACK10; 10-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sorry to the OP, but it's pretty clear Lethal has very strong ground to stand on here.

Had you gone back to their shop....FIRST...maybe something could have been done. Their warranty won't cover you now....period.

X6
Old 10-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
Lethal Racing

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Dwayne,

I believe you have have made your beliefs clear. I think we have made ours clear as well. This going back and forth will not change our policy. You have badgered numerous shops calling them with this problem. I have spoken with all of them as well. Everything you are wanting me to do surrounds a cloud of issues of previous problems, used parts, other shops, tracking the car, too many different hands in the car.

You also mention of us helping another member....and that is what we do. Does this automatically mean that we are paying for this problem you are having? I am feeling taken advantage of when I read your statement. The situation is the boss. This situation is not the same as that one or any other.

If you think you have a case then take us to court. Other than that we wish you well. I have no ill will toward you personally. This is business pure and simple. Lethal Racing LLC has issued you a statement and given you numerous responses that frankly shouldn't have been given once we sent our statement to you. My feet are firmly planted on this issue. The attorney general is not going to negotiate our policy away from us.

As a company we have nothing else to say. Our policy is clear.

Thank you,

Shawn
Old 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
We did let you know that the used clutch had hot spots already on it. Please also see the reply from a fellow vendor also stating that this used clutch might lead to future issues.

It has been shown that you have had constant vibrations and broken parts issues for the last three years .We have stated what we know and see no need to keep discussing this issue.
What does a motor mount, slave cylinder and half shaft have anything to do with this. I have an early 2010, all these failures are common. I knew when buying a used clutch there are risks, but a bent input shaft is not one of them. I have no doubt that if you would've felt the vibration when you drove it, that y'all would've checked it out, but I don't blame you for not running a customer's car hard. I didnt push the car until a few weeks after getting from y'all. That's when it was REALLY felt. I contacted you immediately asking if something could be out of balance and I also posted on the forum shortly after.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but I brought the car to Futral, which is much closer to me, for what I thought was a pilot swap. I contacted your boss immediately and notified him of the damage. He gave me some potential causes (bad pilot, bad input shaft bearing), but I offered to let him inspect it and make any repairs. I have him a full day to respond. He didnt. I told the shop to go ahead and make necessary repairs and to keep everything they take out so I could bring it to you to look at. Those offers were also ignored. There is no other way possible for this to have happened than while it was out of the car or partially installed/removed at your shop. You're welcome to bring up a motor mount failure that occurred while at Cruising the Coast exactly a year ago or the axle that broke 7-8 months ago, but it doesn't help your case.

Y'all covered the rear end of someone's car in TX, but you won't take responsibility for something that happened while the car was in y'all's care and at least HELP in some of the repair costs. I've already stated that I'd take the cost of replacing the clutch since it was used. I'd considered y'all to be friends of mine through the club, and maintained your anominoty through this entire process hoping that with everything and everyone consulted that this would've been settled long ago.
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, Night Fury cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune, 498 whp/470 tq
Old 10-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #30
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Not sure how else to respond to this but again,

We did not remove the trans for inspection. You brought it somewheres else!! How are we to know they didnt damage anything while they removed it.

Again, I could not get the car to you. I don't have a car trailer or even a truck. I did not want to risk a total failure of the pilot bearing by driving it all the way to you.

The only thing wrong was the input shaft. The replaced it. The vibration went away. What could they have damaged?
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, Night Fury cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune, 498 whp/470 tq
Old 10-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
dcoates18481
WWW.TEXASMILE.NET

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sorry to the OP, but it's pretty clear Lethal has very strong ground to stand on here.

Had you gone back to their shop....FIRST...maybe something could have been done. Their warranty won't cover you now....period.

X6
x7

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks like both sides have made their cases. Now, if these issues will be brought forth in court, then there will be no more back and forth here. Both of you have had your say and what's done is done. While the thread won't be deleted, it will now be locked.

Closed Thread