Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #26
SGDM
Scorched Dark Earth

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
took the time to debadge the whole vehicle. i want no trace of the vehicle being an SS either, though i guess the huge factory big brakes give that away.

Will finish the front bowtie and get a picture tomorrow.

if anyone has any questions about how to do the badge deletes, i've become pretty good at it. wasnt hard on a nearly new car, but I did it on my 5 year old G37 a few months ago, and went just as well.

also, got these in:

big shout out to juiced motorsports. stainless power 1 7/8 LTH with high flow cats. will get a full vendor review posted after install.

video and pictures of installed headers and cutouts will be up monday or tuesday!

does anyone know of a vinyl tail light tint kit for the '14 RS yet? i know big worm has them for the regular non-rs, but the RS tail lights are pretty complex in their shapes. really not trying to have to spray tint unless I absolutely had to
Yes, Big Worm has the tail light kit, he used mine to engineer the vinyl.

Who Dares...Wins

Vini, Vidi, Nates, Calce Concidi!
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Yes, Big Worm has the tail light kit, he used mine to engineer the vinyl.
okay thanks i asked about 3 weeks ago if they had 14 RS kits and he said no, will double check with him tonight again

EDIT: indeed he does.

is that yours? if so ive seen your posts, love those 22s and the debadge, it was the post that gave me the push to debadge the whole car after thinking about it for a while
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #28
honor first
MURICA!

Hola everyone, done a few things to the car without updating on here.

Got the exhaust set up to how I want it for now. Video can be seen here:

Setup:

Stainless Power 1 7/8" long tube headers
Stainless Power High flow cats
Factory Resonators
Badlanz HPE electric cutouts before mufflers

No tune, and electric cutouts are not wired up yet, as you can see in the video.

I have a CEL on due to no tune (trying to maintain warranty), but I have Vibrant O2 spacers I will put on when I go under to re-tighten everything that supposedly work every time.

Purchased from Juiced Motorsports. Unbeatable holiday sale they had, very fast shipping.

Initial thoughts:
The sound is perfect. As you can hear when the camera is walked up to the idling car, it is absolutely beastly sounding. Perfect because at cruising speeds, cruise control on the highway, etc, it sounds just like an aggressive exhaust or electric cutouts. I do 70 miles a day commuting, 69 of which are on the highway, so this was important. But when you get on it slightly, it sounds great around town. But getting on it hard is amazing. Can't even describe it; will try to get some outside and in the cabin videos up soon. Just messed around with a new 5.0 GT of my friend on the highway, and running the car up to near redline in each gear is a pure symphony. Highly recommended setup.
I do not have the cutouts wired up yet to know how it will sound with cutouts closed, which will make it a stock cat-back system.

Will get some driving and flyby videos up soon.
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More

Last edited by honor first; 01-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #29
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
Sounds awesome!! Great job man
Old 04-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #30
honor first
MURICA!

Quick shots of new wheels, will post up more pictures, vendor review, and thoughts later.

Tags
1le, 2014, 2ss, blacked, build