Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
streetrace

Drives: a slow 2010
clear bra cleaning

has anyone figured out how to clean bug splatter off the clear bra covered areas, dosent just wash off my black ss, leaves spots were the bug hit
streetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
What film did you have installed?
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
fee5fofum

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Coupe & 2SS/RS
Mine just wipe right off !
fee5fofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
If you are going to do clear bra the only one I would recommend is 3M.

Having said that, you MUST lean bugs off asap as the blood and guts acid will etch into the plastic.

Good reason to keep the car clean. It keeps me on my toes!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
If you are going to do clear bra the only one I would recommend is 3M.

Having said that, you MUST lean bugs off asap as the blood and guts acid will etch into the plastic.

Good reason to keep the car clean. It keeps me on my toes!
I know you havea 3M clear bra and are partial to it but there is much better film out there than 3M. I install film for a living and do not have any brand loyalty... I simply install the best film because I want to have the best looking product on all of my clients cars. ClearMask AR and VentureShield Ultra are much better films. Both films have no orange peel, are much cleaner (clear) than 3M, and both have a lifetime warranty as opposed to 3M' 5 year warranty. I m not trying to talk down your product I just think that for you to openly recommend a film over any other that you should atleast have seen or even heard of what other films are out there. If you would like to see 3M side by side with ClearMask AR then send me your email and I will get some photos to you. I think you will change your mind pretty quickly.

I also use an acrylic polish/sealant that is made for aircraft windscreens on my film. You can leave lovebugs on there for days and it will not absorb into the material. In fact we took a big piece of film, applied it to an old hood, used different waxes and Zaino along with my sealant on differernent areas of the hood, and then poored motor oil on it. We let it sit out 2 weeks in the Texas sun/heat and the oil soaked into the film everywhere except where I had he sealant. The oil was still beaded up there and rolled right off.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote