Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Me vs 2005 wrx sti stage 2

Dont really know a lot about these cars. I know they are awd and have a turbo. Anyway my friend just got one and he said it is a stage 2 and has something done to the turbo...maybe a larger turbo. The previous owner told him the car ran a 12.3 and makes 330 awhp.

Anyway. We raced. From a 50 roll on an airstrip I left him pretty bad. I would guess 10-15 cars by 120 when I let off. One of the races I hit my limiter in 2nd...then missed 3rd...and still managed to catch up and pass.

I was surprised I even won the race we did from a stop. We were side by side through first gear and then after that I just left him.

Anyway...does that sound about right? he seems to think it should have been closer but I dont know what to tell him. He is also questioning the cars tune etc.

May have a vid of the runs up soon. Another guy that was with us recorded the runs but he hasnt posted it on his facebook yet...
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Dont really know a lot about these cars. I know they are awd and have a turbo. Anyway my friend just got one and he said it is a stage 2 and has something done to the turbo...maybe a larger turbo. The previous owner told him the car ran a 12.3 and makes 330 awhp.

Anyway. We raced. From a 50 roll on an airstrip I left him pretty bad. I would guess 10-15 cars by 120 when I let off. One of the races I hit my limiter in 2nd...then missed 3rd...and still managed to catch up and pass.

I was surprised I even won the race we did from a stop. We were side by side through first gear and then after that I just left him.

Anyway...does that sound about right? he seems to think it should have been closer but I dont know what to tell him. He is also questioning the cars tune etc.

May have a vid of the runs up soon. Another guy that was with us recorded the runs but he hasnt posted it on his facebook yet...
A stage 2 on the subarus is turbo-back exhaust and a tune, sometimes with a few more mods, but those are the parts that make the power. Stage 2 uses the stock turbocharger. 330whp is on the high side of what they usually make. The results sound right. He is probably really only making around 300whp and with your power level and tires you should stomp him from any speed.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Deftones
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 484
Sounds about right. Stage 2 STI's average around 300 whp.
__________________
Deftones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,736
Sounds right, those cars are not as fast as people make them out to be. Truth is Evo/STIs run mid 13s and with tune + bolt ons theyll run mid to high 12s with a driver so around STOCK LS3 territory. There are MANY out there running much faster but the average you will find is mid to low 13. Hence why you put 10 cars on him. AWD cars also get cracked from rolls all things otherwise equal. If an AWD car beats you through the 1/4 by a couple cars or the other way around from a roll it will get left.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,788
are you guys kidding me? I beat stage 2 wrx's and sti's in my v6 accord lmao... they are slow. The only thing they got going for them is a good 60 foot if the owner decides they want to abuse the hell out of the car and if and only if it is launched perfectly.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
2012 Mustang GT
 
2012 Mustang GT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Join Date: May 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
are you guys kidding me? I beat stage 2 wrx's and sti's in my v6 accord lmao... they are slow. The only thing they got going for them is a good 60 foot if the owner decides they want to abuse the hell out of the car and if and only if it is launched perfectly.
Yes we know you beat every car that weighs less, has AWD and makes more power
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
are you guys kidding me? I beat stage 2 wrx's and sti's in my v6 accord lmao... they are slow. The only thing they got going for them is a good 60 foot if the owner decides they want to abuse the hell out of the car and if and only if it is launched perfectly.
Another brilliant post from turdmeister meisterturd.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
are you guys kidding me? I beat stage 2 wrx's and sti's in my v6 accord lmao... they are slow. The only thing they got going for them is a good 60 foot if the owner decides they want to abuse the hell out of the car and if and only if it is launched perfectly.
Do ever care to back anything up with fact? Because last time I checked the Accord is your average mom's grocery getter car

It is not an STi stomping sports car...
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
matt55

 
matt55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS AMB , mini revo
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 945
"Stage 2" sti should trap 105ish mph and just guessing your car would be 120ish mph car .
So yea 10-15 lengths sounds right.
__________________
matt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
CobraBall
 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Mustang GT View Post
Yes we know you beat every car that weighs less, has AWD and makes more power


Quote:
are you guys kidding me? I beat stage 2 wrx's and sti's in my v6 accord lmao... they are slow. The only thing they got going for them is a good 60 foot if the owner decides they want to abuse the hell out of the car and if and only if it is launched perfectly.
If that's even true, you beat the driver, not the car. Or he just wasn't racing you. I don't see your Accord running low/mid 12s.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Do ever care to back anything up with fact? Because last time I checked the Accord is your average mom's grocery getter car

It is not an STi stomping sports car...

I'll just leave it at this. Browse through the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/98MAzdaMilleniaS?feature=watch

Also look up this on youtube.
06 Honda Accord V6 VS 06-07 Subaru STI



...and where in the hell do stage 2 wrx's run low 12's? LMAO funniest thing I have heard all day!
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
justa25thTA

 
justa25thTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,632
whatever your smoking is good stuff.
__________________
Yeah, I'll get around to it...
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
trademaster
 
Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit/NYC
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I'll just leave it at this. Browse through the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/98MAzdaMilleniaS?feature=watch

Also look up this on youtube.
06 Honda Accord V6 VS 06-07 Subaru STI



...and where in the hell do stage 2 wrx's run low 12's? LMAO funniest thing I have heard all day!
I didn't see a single video of a stage 2 sti. You do understand the wrx and sti aren't the same thing, right? The video you told us to search for is a stock sti in a 40mph roll race lol. Stage 2 makes about 60 more hp than stock. Stage 2 stis run mid 12s all over the place. Are you drunk?

Last edited by trademaster; 10-14-2013 at 05:04 PM.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I didn't see a single video of a stage 2 sti. You do understand the wrx and sti aren't the same thing, right? The video you told us to search for is a stock sti in a 40mph roll race lol. Stage 2 makes about 60 more hp than stock. Stage 2 stis run mid 12s all over the place. Are you drunk?
Try and look a little harder, there are about 10 videos. The 2009+ wrx's are actually faster then the 05-07 sti's. I'm not going to post the direct links on here because I can't.


bryanb84 aka slowboatproductions youtube page has 2 vids also.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
my buddy has a 2013 Sti hatch with stage 2 mods and my stock L99 smoked him (now with my mods its not even worth the gas). but heres the thing the WRX and Sti arent meant to be super fast 1/4 monsters they are meant to go 100 mph through the woods lol they are rally cars not dragsters. our cars are almost always going to be faster but take them on a rally course... my point is its like comparing monster trucks to low riders. different purposes and VERY different cars.

that being said with stage 2 mods (intake, turbo back exhaust, and a tune) they usually hit 320whp but add in headers, injectors, fuel pump, and an E85 tune and WOW can you say 430whp? my buddy plans on doing that but from what hes read he will prob blow the motor lol but those motors are SO easy to work on that if that did happen we would just rebuild it and forge it out. and then its big turbo time which means its 600whp time lol
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
SAP_Pete
 
SAP_Pete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS/2015 A6/2010 Q7/2004 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vegas
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I'll just leave it at this. Browse through the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/98MAzdaMilleniaS?feature=watch

Also look up this on youtube.
06 Honda Accord V6 VS 06-07 Subaru STI



...and where in the hell do stage 2 wrx's run low 12's? LMAO funniest thing I have heard all day!
and all this nonsense proves what ?

lol you're hilarious !
I know, fwd 244 hp 200 lbs heavier beat on awd 300 hp all the time.
lmfao
SAP_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
Bat Maro
 
Bat Maro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigssc View Post
my buddy has a 2013 Sti hatch with stage 2 mods and my stock L99 smoked him (now with my mods its not even worth the gas). but heres the thing the WRX and Sti arent meant to be super fast 1/4 monsters they are meant to go 100 mph through the woods lol they are rally cars not dragsters. our cars are almost always going to be faster but take them on a rally course... my point is its like comparing monster trucks to low riders. different purposes and VERY different cars.

that being said with stage 2 mods (intake, turbo back exhaust, and a tune) they usually hit 320whp but add in headers, injectors, fuel pump, and an E85 tune and WOW can you say 430whp? my buddy plans on doing that but from what hes read he will prob blow the motor lol but those motors are SO easy to work on that if that did happen we would just rebuild it and forge it out. and then its big turbo time which means its 600whp time lol

i agree with what he said
__________________
2013 2SS A6- Vette Doctor tuned-375whp 392wtq
cold air inductions intake
stainless power 1 7/8" headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.