Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
chipset35
 
chipset35's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Williamsburg VA
Posts: 167
Question for you guys who replaced stock tires

Are you getting the same size as stock and having the tires stretched over the rim like the stock soft compound tires?
The reason I ask, is that if say someone buys the Michelin SS tires or any other all season tire, which are not soft like the stock ones....would'nt it be more difficult to stretch those harder tires? Or not recommended?
And just go with a larger size and not stretch them?
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
SteveV
 
Drives: 2013 VR Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 280


I have the same question. I plan to drive mine year round and am considering purchasing some Michelins in November to get me through Dec, Jan and Feb. I'll keep the Goodyear's and put them back on in March.
__________________
People are a lot like slinky's: not very helpful most of the time, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs...
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Buffman
1LE FTW
 
Buffman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High
Posts: 448
Chipset35 you have like 4 different threads on tires....
HA
In one of your threads you said you weren't ever driving the car in winter and need to take the bus and put on your bus pants etc...

Anyway,hope you find your answers...
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
SW31SS
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 71
Add me to the list. I'd really like to see pics of the Michelin A/S 3's on the stock rims if anyone would like to share.
SW31SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Are you getting the same size as stock and having the tires stretched over the rim like the stock soft compound tires?
The reason I ask, is that if say someone buys the Michelin SS tires or any other all season tire, which are not soft like the stock ones....would'nt it be more difficult to stretch those harder tires? Or not recommended?
And just go with a larger size and not stretch them?

The rubber is soft....not the sidewall on the stock tire. And the tire is not stretched physically. Yes any tire in the correct size will also "stretch to fit"
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
chipset35
 
chipset35's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Williamsburg VA
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
Chipset35 you have like 4 different threads on tires....
HA
In one of your threads you said you weren't ever driving the car in winter and need to take the bus and put on your bus pants etc...

Anyway,hope you find your answers...
I know....but it is hard to not drive this car!
Addictive!
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW31SS View Post
Add me to the list. I'd really like to see pics of the Michelin A/S 3's on the stock rims if anyone would like to share.
This is a hard ticket item... mine have been on order for almost two weeks now. As soon as I get em I will post up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
SW31SS
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
This is a hard ticket item... mine have been on order for almost two weeks now. As soon as I get em I will post up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Thanks tramtwo! A buddy has these on his Audi and really likes them.
SW31SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
69Tom
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 143
Costco installed mine with no problems. Just drove across the US with them on and had no issues at all, even in hard pouring rain.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
redcbs
 
redcbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW31SS View Post
Thanks tramtwo! A buddy has these on his Audi and really likes them.
They've made some noticeable improvements on the A/S 3's vs the 2's. Buddy goes thru tires like candy and had 2's last winter. Just put on 3's and it settled the whole back end of his car (fronts on order).
__________________
2014 AGM 2SS 1LE RS - On Order 8/23/13, TPW 9/9/13, Built 9/12/13, Shipped 9/17/13, At dealer 9/29/13, Received 10/4/13
2011 V6 DC 4x4 AT Tacoma
1985 NA MT 300zx
redcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221
 
Deebo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Posts: 212
I figured I'd save my Goodyears and put A/S 3's on my car at around 1000mi. I like the Michelins so much I'll probably just sell the Goodyears. Next time I drive my car to the office I'll have one of my guys snap some pics with a smartphone...
__________________
...ain't nothing changed
Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH
 
ORANGE CRUSSH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 160
Got my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 installed same size as stock with zero problems. Only have about 100 miles on them, but they seem good so far and at least they stick in the cold.
__________________
ORANGE CRUSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE CRUSSH View Post
Got my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 installed same size as stock with zero problems. Only have about 100 miles on them, but they seem good so far and at least they stick in the cold.
Photos? And how long did you have to wait to get them? I gave one shop two weeks and now I am waiting on Cosco to call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,564
WTH... stretching tires??? Just get the same size as what's on your car and let the 18 year old professionals do their thing.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.