Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #51
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...thanks for reminding me, the front splitter is a parking barrier potential nightmare for the ride....
Also, kudos to Team Z/28 for choosing to make these out of black plastic. Ask anyone with the trendy Carbon Fiber bits on the front of their cars about chipping and wear on these expensive parts!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #52
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
That comes with it standard.
The Option packages ADDs: A/C - Radio - 5 speakers (total of 6)(unconfirmed)
I was a bit bummed when I read that in the recent announcements. I wouldn't want A/C -- except that I live in Texas, and the drives to most of the tracks I frequent are over 2 hours. Since it tends to go over 100 degrees here with some regularity, I'm afraid I'm going to have to wuss out on this one and click YES on the A/C option. But, I really don't want the extra speakers. I really hope they allow folks to select EITHER option when ordering this car, as I don't even want the radio...

Hey, one more thing. If GM guys are following this, it might be nice if you'd offer a factory designed roll-bar kit? Or is that wishful thinking in our current legal environment?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #53
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...thanks for reminding me, the front splitter is a parking barrier potential nightmare for the ride....
I think it might be a good idea to order an extra splitter to keep on hand, for the inevitable destructive event. Anyone know how these are attached to the car? I'm guessing adhesive, but I have zero Camaro-specific experience in this area...
Old 10-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #54
Mikamaro
Mike

Drives: A 2010 CAMARO SS LS3 1LE Track Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
I was a bit bummed when I read that in the recent announcements. I wouldn't want A/C -- except that I live in Texas, and the drives to most of the tracks I frequent are over 2 hours. Since it tends to go over 100 degrees here with some regularity, I'm afraid I'm going to have to wuss out on this one and click YES on the A/C option. But, I really don't want the extra speakers. I really hope they allow folks to select EITHER option when ordering this car, as I don't even want the radio...

Hey, one more thing. If GM guys are following this, it might be nice if you'd offer a factory designed roll-bar kit? Or is that wishful thinking in our current legal environment?
That would be a great option: OEM Roll bar Cage: Check.

brt3 it seems their are new revies do you mind updating your sticky please?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote