Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,097
Those times are there BTW... Probst in a Track Pack 5.0 VS. a 1LE...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #19
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I was talking track pack my friend. The test I linked to was a brembo optioned 2011 GT. Pirelli P-zero 255/40/19 rims/tires

.1 tenth difference same driver same day. FE3 2010 SS.

Regardless you couldnt track test a base GT against an SS. The brakes on the base GT will burn up after 1 to 2 laps.
And just like the Camaro the Mustang has had updates to the suspension from year to year. Theres just as many changes (if not more) in the 2011 vs 2013 Track Pack as there is FE3 vs FE4. With that being said my FE4 was not even close to the overall handling of a Track Pack Mustang.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
And just like the Camaro the Mustang has had updates to the suspension from year to year. Theres just as many changes (if not more) in the 2011 vs 2013 Track Pack as there is FE3 vs FE4. With that being said my FE4 was not even close to the overall handling of a Track Pack Mustang.
True for 2011 i dont think it was even call the track pac, just the brembo package, i belive breaks wheels and tires were the only thing changed on the 11-12 brembo packaged cars. Im going off of memory so i could be wrong on that. 13-14 cars did get the track pac, whitch was the brembo package with 3:73 torsen dif, and the boss oil cooler.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
ULTRAZLS1


 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 silverado
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
And just like the Camaro the Mustang has had updates to the suspension from year to year. Theres just as many changes (if not more) in the 2011 vs 2013 Track Pack as there is FE3 vs FE4. With that being said my FE4 was not even close to the overall handling of a Track Pack Mustang.
All I can see is the torsen diff as far as improving handling.

I can find no literature showing the brembo package components/tuning have changed. The Brembo pack is what adds more aggressive suspension tuning. The only thing the track pack adds which would add to the handling over the original brembo pack is the torsen.

Can you point me to some literature explaining the drastic suspension changes from 2012 to 2013? I can find nothing.
__________________
no camaro right now :(
Previous camaros
Teal 1992 RS 305 TBI Auto first car
Black 1998 Z28 6 speed-HCIE-425rwhp
Black 2010 SS 6 speed-HCIE-505rwhp
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
And just like the Camaro the Mustang has had updates to the suspension from year to year. Theres just as many changes (if not more) in the 2011 vs 2013 Track Pack as there is FE3 vs FE4. With that being said my FE4 was not even close to the overall handling of a Track Pack Mustang.
I think you have your facts wrong. BTW I traded my 5.0 for a 1le.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
I think you have your facts wrong. BTW I traded my 5.0 for a 1le.
That's wonderful I traded the 2007 C6 Z51 I bought new for a 2012 Camaro SS 45th and that for my 2014 Mustang GT.

Before that I had 40+ GM cars and two other Mustangs. Believe me when I say that I didn't go back to Ford for no reason.

Last edited by Cody6.2; 10-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
True for 2011 i dont think it was even call the track pac, just the brembo package, i belive breaks wheels and tires were the only thing changed on the 11-12 brembo packaged cars. Im going off of memory so i could be wrong on that. 13-14 cars did get the track pac, whitch was the brembo package with 3:73 torsen dif, and the boss oil cooler.
Indeed they did just have the Brembo package for 2011-2012. Although it only mentions brakes & wheels it also added suspension components. The Track-Pack for 13-14 included Boss rear axle, Boss cooling components, 5w-50 oil, specific calibration and a few other parts they don't mention.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
All I can see is the torsen diff as far as improving handling.

I can find no literature showing the brembo package components/tuning have changed. The Brembo pack is what adds more aggressive suspension tuning. The only thing the track pack adds which would add to the handling over the original brembo pack is the torsen.

Can you point me to some literature explaining the drastic suspension changes from 2012 to 2013? I can find nothing.
The Track Pack started life well before 2012 but wasn't close to what it is today. Even then there were still several revisions as the Boss302 was rolled out. If you go to any Mustang forum and look for Brembo Package details most have several pages of people discussing the changes.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
That's wonderful I traded the 2007 C6 Z51 I bought new for a 2012 Camaro SS 45th and that for my 2014 Mustang GT.

Before that I had 40+ GM cars and two other Mustangs. Believe me when I say that I didn't go back to Ford for no reason.
I thnk you misunderstood what I tried to say. Suspension wise there are no changes from 2011-2014 brembo vs "track pack" cars. The brembo pacage was alot more then just brakes and wheels...although aside from those two items it sucked, it was still more.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Indeed they did just have the Brembo package for 2011-2012. Although it only mentions brakes & wheels it also added suspension components. The Track-Pack for 13-14 included Boss rear axle, Boss cooling components, 5w-50 oil, specific calibration and a few other parts they don't mention.
None of that outside of maybe the diff will change the way the car handles compared to a 11-12 Brembo cars.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
RedWingsZL1
 
Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 372
No mustang out corners the respective camaro. Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 ZL1
RedWingsZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #29
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
I thnk you misunderstood what I tried to say. Suspension wise there are no changes from 2011-2014 brembo vs "track pack" cars. The brembo pacage was alot more then just brakes and wheels...although aside from those two items it sucked, it was still more.
You're the only one not understanding the point being made here. The suspension included with the Brembo Package had more changes from 2011-2014 than the Camaro has since 2010. Obviously since it's all included with the Track Pack the same still applies. And since you understand as well as you spell stop trying to argue a moot point.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
No mustang out corners the respective camaro. Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
That's the most ignorant thing I've read all day.

Oh wait you drive a ZL1 I get it.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
None of that outside of maybe the diff will change the way the car handles compared to a 11-12 Brembo cars.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
Novie LE
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Typical reply of a child that ran into a dead end.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
Typical reply of a child that ran into a dead end.
This is quite the insult coming from a guy who posses the vocabulary and spelling skills you do.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #34
NinoSS

 
Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,547
These threads will never put an end to this debate, both are very solid performance cars for the money. In the end splitting hairs over lap times is ridiculous unless you make your living as a professional race car driver.

Most members on the respective car forums don't keep their cars in stock for anyway so all this discussion is pointless, it becomes who has more to spend.

Make your car as fast as you can and handle as well as possible within your budget. Both are good platforms to mod for a street driven car.

Carry on...
__________________
Vengeance stage I cam (442rwhp/412rwtq) / CAI intake w/ADM race scoop / Dynatech LT's / ATI udp / JRE tuned / Eaton Posi LPE-JRE 3.91's / L99 Corsa / Whiteline Sways & Bushings / UMI Trailing Arms & Toe Rods / ZL1 wheels / NT05 275/315
NinoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.