Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
When is the C8 ZR1 coming out? That's right. C8!
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I'd trade.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
I've been on the site and Built My Own, but I gotta find one, test drive it, do a few burnouts, and then start working the numbers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Just traded my SS for the C7 this past Sunday. I will say the C7 is wonderful in all aspects...looks, power, ride, comfort, etc. I loved my SS! It was all me...grit, design, mod-ability (if that's a word). Just was time to make the move. I really wanted a ZL1...and the C7 was within the same price range, so I just did it!
So it's just a matter of what is best for each of us. Had a 69 Z28 that I had to sell.
The ZL1 was a no brainer for me when the $$$ came available
I am sure the C7 is worth it but me i'll stick with my ZL1 Vert.....fast e nuff for me no matter what direction u are going in!!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #33
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
So it's just a matter of what is best for each of us. Had a 69 Z28 that I had to sell.
The ZL1 was a no brainer for me when the $$$ came available
I am sure the C7 is worth it but me i'll stick with my ZL1 Vert.....fast e nuff for me no matter what direction u are going in!!!!!
I hope what I typed wasn't interpreted as any slight to the ZL1. I wanted one...drooled over it for a year. The ZL1 is a MONSTER of a car. No doubt, it's a personal decision. I was within a pen stroke, several times of getting one. Ended up waiting on '13 close-outs, and the C7's started showing up. I was on a waiting list for the C7, but had all intentions of getting a ZL1. I waited, and waited...and waited. Then BAM...C7 was delivered. You Spooky, have a BADASS car...I love em.

Last edited by GunnyG; 10-26-2013 at 09:48 PM.
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
Normagene

Yummy yummy yum yum Gooood!

Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #35
Normagene

Decisions Decisions Decisions??????

Old 10-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #36
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I hope what I typed wasn't interpreted as any slight to the ZL1. I wanted one...drooled over it for a year. The ZL1 is a MONSTER of a car. No doubt, it's a personal decision. I was within a pen stroke, several times of getting one. Ended up waiting on '13 close-outs, and the C7's started showing up. I was on a waiting list for the C7, but had all intentions of getting a ZL1. I waited, and waited...and waited. Then BAM...C7 was delivered. You Spooky, have a BADASS car...I love em.
ive been a die hard Camaro guy for over 25 years until I saw those stingrays at the show. then listening to those guys brag about their great 29mpg and no gas guzzler tax I was forced to go drive some. the one I really seem to like is the 09 Z06. with 505 hp that thing is a beast and easily demonstrates what 1000 lbs less body weight really does for the seat of the pants. now im torn, keep my heavy 12 mpg Camaro that the paint flakes off of every time I drive it or trade to a 20+ mpg avg corvette at 1000 lbs less and less of a car payment

Last edited by joes407; 10-30-2013 at 11:00 AM.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #37
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
ive been a die hard Camaro guy for over 25 years until I saw those stingrays at the show. then listening to those guys brag about their great 29mpg and no gas guzzler tax I was forced to go drive some. the one I really seem to like is the 09 Z06. with 505 hp that thing is a beast and easily demonstrates what 1000 lbs less body weight really does for the seat of the pants. now im torn, keep my heavy 12 mpg Camaro that the paint flakes off of every time I drive it or trade to a 20+ mpg avg corvette at 1000 lbs less.
if you don't mind the ride hieght and no back seat it is hard to find a downside to the corvette. go fast, handle well, look great

I would get the C7 I think over the previous gen car I think. I loved the power delivery of my z06 but not the twitchy handling of the car at times. I would have taded some hp for predictability at the limit.

watching guys cut 11 second times in C7's with the nicer interior, better fuel economy, etc that is what I would go with.

I could get about 25mpgs in my Z06, 28mpg's in my LS3 Z51. the lack of a back seat make me go back to a larger car. once I do headers, injectors, bit more pulley though I will be happy with my Zl1. it will have Z06 acceleration, aswesome handling, back seat.

The Z06's have the same issue with sticky tires wide fenders and paint chips.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #38
Johnny@MTI

Drives: 99 ls1 miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
My opinion is that trading the ZL1 for a C7 is like trading your wife for a stripper even though they can do all the same moves but one requires a sturdier pole.
I'm not sure what this means, but it may be the single best quote ever..
Johnny@MTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
if you don't mind the ride hieght and no back seat it is hard to find a downside to the corvette. go fast, handle well, look great
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
I'd wait till the Z07 comes out before making any decisions...lol

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #41
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

I have to disagree with this one. While not a big seat, I have a special needs child who is 4 ft something and fits there. I could not get both her and my wife in a C7.

I wish I could have both. Love them both.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #42
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I have to disagree with this one. While not a big seat, I have a special needs child who is 4 ft something and fits there. I could not get both her and my wife in a C7.

I wish I could have both. Love them both.
I hear ya, I shoulda specified "adult" because I tried to fit and the only way I could I had to sit sideways or the front seats had to be way up forward and then I don't know how the driver would fit. But I agree the Stingray is fully intended for two max.