Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 10-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
CrisisMusick

Drives: 2014 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Traction Question

After seeing all of these posts of how bad 1LE tires are in the winter, I realized that a majority of the issues play out around snowy areas. I'm the owner of a new 2014 1LE and I was wondering if I will run into the same issues?

It only rains here in the winter, sometimes heavily, but it usually doesn't get anywhere near 40 degrees. Would I still need to purchase a set of new tires?

CrisisMusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Unless you want a superior wet traction tire I would run the stock tires. IMO that's what I would be doing. Just be cautious of hydroplaning, if it become to much of an issue you can always change them.

F/S: New SW rocker panels, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318642

F/S: 1LE front brakes, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374575

F/S: 27mm adjustable front and 28mm rear sway bars http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374583
White_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Traction is temp related, as with most tires. The colder it gets, the less traction you will get. Can you drive it with the temp at 40, sure. Just don't expect super grip like you get when it's 90. They don't need to be replaced unless you need to drive in below freezing conditions, or according to the specs 20.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Don't expect much traction from the tires, be cautious. My 1LE is a DD and it works fine in the rain. Just like any car when its wet, dont try to carve corners or set any speed records. Easy on the gas and you should be fine.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
SteveV

Drives: 2013 VR Camaro 2SS 1LE
I have driven my 2013 2SS 1LE in rain plenty of times. Just increase your following distance and control your right foot and you are fine.

The only reason I replaced my tires yesterday is that is was 29 degrees this morning. While it is expected to warm up here in NC over the next week, November, Dec and Jan can regularly see teens and twenties in the winter.

If I was sure it would never drop below 30, I would not have spent the money on the tires.