Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums -
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - > Marketplace > Camaro5 Store Merchandise

Old 06-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #1

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 6 Spd Manual
Starkweather Performance

Posted this is the wrong place.

If you live in California, you have probably already heard of Starkweather Performance and Tuning. They haven't been opened too long, about a year and half or so but have produced numerous of fast cars. I believe I was I was their first customer when I was having some issues with my car. Made the drive to Turlock and Nate was able to figure out the issues within minutes. After that was fixed, had some bolt-ons installed and then had Nate tune the car. Went back again for a cam install and tune. All of this took place over about 9 months. During this time I contacted both Josh and Nate at all hours asking for tech advice as well as quarter mile track advice.

I took on a project a couple months ago and decided to try and install a turbo kit by myself. Before this the most advanced work I have done is an oil change and brake job. Not sure why I decided to try the turbo install myself. It did not work out well. I was able to get everything fixed and then got the car tuned at a place in Heyward, not wanting to make the drive to Turlock.

This was a huge and costly mistake. I know there are a couple tuning shops in the Bay area, some better then others. Rode in most the cars and I have to say the Nate hands down is the best tuner in California. The difference between his tune and the tune I have now is night and day.

Long story short, make the drive to Turlock and let Nate tune your car. Their tune is cheaper that any other tune I have seen in the area so that will cover your gas for the drive.
AGP Twin Turbo / BTR Stage 2 Cam /Street Slayer Dual Clutch / MGW Short Throw Shifter / BMR Trailing Arms & Springs / FAST 65 Injectors w/ZL1 Fuel Pump / Hurst Line Lock / 20" NT05 Drag Radials
j.curt is online now   Reply With Quote