Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Camaro5 Store Merchandise

Old 04-30-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Detroit speed

What has people's experience been with support from Detroit speed? Quick response/ resolution? Slow? No response?
Old 04-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
hammdo
Circle Member Want-A-Be

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
What has people's experience been with support from Detroit speed? Quick response/ resolution? Slow? No response?
JDP can really help you there. They are a vendor for them. Order from JDP and you'll get JDPs support... Which is top notch...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
Mike_G

Yes I did order through JDP and had been trying to follow up direct through detroit speed on some questions just resolution has been a bit slow, they are responding though. Had some questions on camber plates and has been a couple conversations on the phone, many emails and abpout 9 days later now with no definitive answers. Emailed JDP a couple times with same questions without response but am getting some help from Detroit speed so didn't follow up. Just curious if people heve generally gotten quick responses from Detroit Speed?

Also some questionable advice I feel. Was told a few times during phone conversations that they do not hold the piston shaft on the shock in place when tightening the top nut. I think we have all that straitened out by in the process of trying to get this aprat and back together a few times to get them info I now had a catostrophic failure on one of the front struts. The piston must have unsrewed inside the body completely coming apart spraying oil all over the place. Now I am stuck with a front strut that needs a rebuild and another that should be check all with about 2 miles on them. I should have known better and was the cause for my first phone call to them when there seemed to be some fitment issues. Well see how it all plays out.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
hammdo
Circle Member Want-A-Be

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
I do have a couple of Detroit Speed items on mine and had no issue with questions -- but not as extensive as what you're doing. Wonder if a lot of this is due to the 6th gen ramp-up?

The mods may move this to vendor or suspension area FYI...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Mike_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I do have a couple of Detroit Speed items on mine and had no issue with questions -- but not as extensive as what you're doing. Wonder if a lot of this is due to the 6th gen ramp-up?

The mods may move this to vendor or suspension area FYI...

-Don
Yeah I meant to put it in the vendor experience section and was starting a thread on my phone, just ended up in the wrong one somehow. I couldn't figure out how to move it which I don't think I can.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Mike_G

Just an update. Although a little on the slow side compared to other experiences I have had, Detroit Speed stands behind their products as I would have expected. They are having me send in the entire front assembly and camber plates, are sending the shocks to JRI to be inspected and will inspect all of the other componets in house. Detroit Speed arranged to have all this done through the vendor I bought them through so I just need to mail them to the vendor.

Will update once I have them back in hand, hopefully everything will go back together seamlessly.

Last edited by Mike_G; 05-05-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Mike_G is online now   Reply With Quote