Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
MrPace
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 163
Where did you buy the pushbutton kit from?

Does anyone know why GM went with paddle shifters instead of something on the shifter itself? I have a friend who bought a new Hyundai Sonata and I would love to have that kind of shifter for when I want to manually shift.

I saw the shifter offered for sale on here from that guy from Massachusetts (uses buttons on the shifter), but there is something about actually being able to use the shifter itself instead of pressing a button that is more appealing to me...like in the Sonata and a bunch of other cars.
MrPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,120

Bumblebee, All the time for me, Once you get familiar with TAP SHIFT its really fun to drive in. Love the options we have with auto.
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
jbotta

 
jbotta's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dyer, IN
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post

Bumblebee, All the time for me, Once you get familiar with TAP SHIFT its really fun to drive in. Love the options we have with auto.
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #21
URBAN LEGEND

 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,394
All the time on both cars.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
Garys13ZL1
 
Garys13ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013ZL1 BLACK, AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: pittsburgh, pa
Posts: 128
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPace View Post
Where did you buy the pushbutton kit from?

Does anyone know why GM went with paddle shifters instead of something on the shifter itself? I have a friend who bought a new Hyundai Sonata and I would love to have that kind of shifter for when I want to manually shift.

I saw the shifter offered for sale on here from that guy from Massachusetts (uses buttons on the shifter), but there is something about actually being able to use the shifter itself instead of pressing a button that is more appealing to me...like in the Sonata and a bunch of other cars.
I bought the pushbutton shifter from CFD, located in Mass.,for $249.
__________________
2013 Black/Black ZL1, Automatic, ROTOFAB CAI, Big Gulp, LPE Intercooler Reservoir, 87MM VMAX TB, SP 17/8 Headers, MSD wires and insulators, RX Oil Catch can, magnetic oil plug, and computer changes by JRE, Cooler Logic HEX....Stay Tuned!!!, more to come!
Garys13ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
with your disability are you able to race the car ozzy? in the few years ive known you i never see you at the track with this car or the old bumble bee car.
I use to go every Wednesday and Friday nights when I had my '87 Grand National. That was roughly 15 years ago when I had a lot more time than I do now. I do plan on running my Z at least one time this winter season just to see what it will do.
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 2,716
I use it seleclectively, if you are trying to maintain a certain speed range and find two gears you like it is great. Otherwise I drive in manual and let the transmissin decide how I want to drive.


Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #25
BIGTIME
 
Drives: Lexus LS460
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: AZ
Posts: 9
Thats one feature I would look forward to having. Especially coming from a Lexus right now ( interested in ZL1)
BIGTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #26
Snickers
Rumblebee
 
Snickers's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 126
Im using it all the time, especially when slowing down due to traffic lights.
I even use it on the Autobahn when running into a left lane lurker (millions of 'em!), as everybody should have the chance to enjoy the sound of a Z

I usually shift down and put it back to auto mode when came to a full stop.

The sound when shifting down to 2nd in sport mode...
Even though my exhaust is stock except for some 200cpi cats btw. Can't wait for some headers...
__________________
'13 ZL1 Rally Yellow A6 Coupe
'93 Volvo 480 Turbo
From dusk till dawn, hammering the Autobahn.
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #27
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
Im using it all the time, especially when slowing down due to traffic lights.
I even use it on the Autobahn when running into a left lane lurker (millions of 'em!), as everybody should have the chance to enjoy the sound of a Z

I usually shift down and put it back to auto mode when came to a full stop.

The sound when shifting down to 2nd in sport mode...
Even though my exhaust is stock except for some 200cpi cats btw. Can't wait for some headers...
Pretty cool to hear from someone in germany driving on the autobahn,
I dont drive my ZL1 all that much ,since I am wheelchair bound but It went right from the dealer to performance shop, think it was the 4th day i owned it.
I do enjoy using the paddles because its just fun,and I think its the only reason for having them on the car...I have used them at least once everyday i have driven the car but once...I use them to shift a little late,and to shift out of first gear instead of starting in second gear like leaving it in auto does... you can see the mods i have done to the car,and i hardly ever drive over 65mph,most of the time i am just doing 40mph around the area i live and might once in a while hold it in first gear till about 30mph while in 50% throttle which gets enough attention while in traffic for me,lol I can only shift up using hand-controls,so I dont ever shift down,which can be hard on the trans away once the power levels have jumped up as high as i have done to mine.
I most likely have the most baby 750hp ZL1 around... Not sure if you have heard a ZL1 with longtubes,off road pipes wide open Its pretty freaking loud even from 1/4mile away
I heard a friend of mine coming off the freeway one night(2am) in his Coupe set up the same way,and it sounds like a full on race car running down the road when its really late and there is no one else on the road...
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #28
eightup
 
Drives: 2013 zl1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ofallon il
Posts: 126
every day
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #29
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?
 
Rafsanjani's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 601
All the time!!
__________________
2013 SW ZL1
Rafsanjani is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.