Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 11-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #76
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I don't care I am keeping mine. I love the ZL1. Well of course if the unforeseen circumstance pops up and I need the money then I will sell. If not it will be passed on to my children.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #77
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong witch happens a lot. In 2012 there were under 1900 zl1's made and now they discontinued the victory red and the clear coated carbon fiber hood insert. To me that means in years down the road my zl1 should be more collectable than others.
...1972 actual consecutive model production if I remember correctly....
Old 11-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #78
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
You see a bunch for sale simply because many couldn't afford it in the first place. Now some of these so called reasons are just absurd.

Some of these reasons or complaints above are mind bottling. A 1ss should come in all plastic? What do you think they come with? Hell, the only thing not plastic is the steering wheel outer, the shifter handle, carpet and cloth seats. The rest of the entire interior is plastic.

As for a Mustang GT. Please. There is no Mustang GT with a better quality interior than a ZL1 or even a non cloth SS for that matter. I owned one and i call Rattles all day BS.

It's mainly a few reasons. Couldn't afford, bought what they thought was a drag king that can barely keep up or beat a full bolt on SS or didn't like the car period or moved on to a Vette.

Overall though the car is worth the money and is great at what it was made to do right out of the box with a warranty. People think these cars are so expensive but, forget that the average suburban soccer mom is driving an SUV that cost's more than a 2SS does.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #79
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont know how anyone could afford to drive a ZL1 as a daily driver. the gas alone would kill a person. i have a 2 lt for daily use, only 275 miles on it since i bought it.
wow, 61K for a Z28, and my friend bought his 94 Z28 new for 24K new.
For me its My DD when I do drive,and if sell it I am getting a new 2014 GM truck,and having FASTLANE drop either a ZR1 crate motor,or a LS7 in it so my wheelchair can be lifted in and out of the bed with a lift..for some of us its not about the price of gas,as we either dont drive much or their work is close to home.....I drove a srt10 with a S/C in it that dyno @683rwhp everyday (40miles a day)and got worse mileage than my ZL1 before I was wheelchair bound...

But for those that cant afford to pay for the gas either should not get it,or if they can afford to have a second car should do so...Its not a car that anyone that has to worry about their bills should really get. I would think it might take the enjoyment out of it if you have to pitch your pennies just to drive after spending so much to get it.
I would hate to look at it,knowing that if I was someone that had to pay a grand or close a month for it,and could not afford to drive it.!!!! just IMOP be smart buy a nice 70's Z with 500rwhp for 20k,and beat the crap out of it,while being able to drive it everyday with Zero payments and 50 bucks a month for insurance..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #80
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Thank you for highlighting the key points. Most don't really know about this. I hated to bring it to their attention, but that was why I first stated,,,, "not intending to throw stones here" because many on this board may be (or not at all) part of the <660. But I felt it certainly could explain the plethora of cars on the market and thusly the new "cash for clunkers"… based on "free credit"...
Although I paid cash for my ZL1,Yes I think it is much easier to get a loan from GM than from ford,so that might be why there are the silly how much are your payments being posted ,wondering if they got screwed..I know a friend of mine went to ford with a score of 600 or less,and could not get a good deal on a loan. He went to Gm and they were willing to give him Zero down using the 1,000 rebate to cover it and Zero% financing ? crazy HU ? I loaned him 4k to even lower his payments more if GM was going to offer that to him..(he did not purchase a ZL)
Correction the Gt500 cost more full loaded than the ZL1 . GT500 is 68,720k even though the ZL1 has a 900 destination charge plus a $1300 gas guzzler tax in all states as far as i know of and the GT500 has no gas guzzler tax.. pricing works out to be 66,610 for a loaded ZL1 vert. some of us my of paid less for their vert but it didnt have every option on it.
I got those pricing from the dealer sites,and read a couple comparison sites that printed the same pricing. now as far as the coupe,ford lower its base price of the GT500 to match the price of the ZL1 so it would sell all of the GT500 models from 2013. being the options can be changed from car to car unless either the base or the all option models are compared it makes no sense to do IMOP...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #81
redredrage

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual all stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
You see a bunch for sale simply because many couldn't afford it in the first place. Now some of these so called reasons are just absurd.

Some of these reasons or complaints above are mind bottling. A 1ss should come in all plastic? What do you think they come with? Hell, the only thing not plastic is the steering wheel outer, the shifter handle, carpet and cloth seats. The rest of the entire interior is plastic.
right the dash and side pannels should be plastic..... i believe the steering wheel and shifter as leather is a good thing.....

but i think the very cheap all plastic\vinyal all the way around would position the 1ss better compared to the 2ss

a bad ass dude in his 20s shouldnt want or care about having a cadillac of a car but certianly wants the power

and as for the v6 i think it would better positioned to only come with the tremec mannual and also maybe make it turbo ready by spending the extra $100 on forged internals for the teenie boppers.... the v6 has more power than what the v8 had.

real men are able to buy new corvettes at 35, which is why i bought my camaro new at 26
redredrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #82
robertchevypowe427

Drives: 2SS Camaro
I was going to by one till I test drove it is smogged down my car now with cam headers and intake is more Hp with no supercharger on it I am up gradeing mine I just bought ZL1 rims u are better off to by SS then refit it your self for Haf the coast but if u live in CA NY NJ or and states with Emissions then u have to buy stock and leave it stock
robertchevypowe427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #83
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Although I paid cash for my ZL1,Yes I think it is much easier to get a loan from GM than from ford,so that might be why there are the silly how much are your payments being posted ,wondering if they got screwed..I know a friend of mine went to ford with a score of 600 or less,and could not get a good deal on a loan. He went to Gm and they were willing to give him Zero down using the 1,000 rebate to cover it and Zero% financing ? crazy HU ? I loaned him 4k to even lower his payments more if GM was going to offer that to him..(he did not purchase a ZL)
Correction the Gt500 cost more full loaded than the ZL1 . GT500 is 68,720k even though the ZL1 has a 900 destination charge plus a $1300 gas guzzler tax in all states as far as i know of and the GT500 has no gas guzzler tax.. pricing works out to be 66,610 for a loaded ZL1 vert. some of us my of paid less for their vert but it didnt have every option on it.
I got those pricing from the dealer sites,and read a couple comparison sites that printed the same pricing. now as far as the coupe,ford lower its base price of the GT500 to match the price of the ZL1 so it would sell all of the GT500 models from 2013. being the options can be changed from car to car unless either the base or the all option models are compared it makes no sense to do IMOP...
That's prolly once in a lifetime thing everybody I know and knew always told me that the. told me that Ford and Dodge's are easier to get than a Chevy. All of them drove or drive dodges and fords.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #84
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
The real reason lots of used cars are available is the really low interest rates. People can get an equipt stingray for $300 a month less than there ZL1 costs them.

-Robert
Appearance: Blackout Bowties F and R, Blackout Fender Lettering, Painted Lettering on Engine Cover, Painted Strut Tower Brace, White Wiper Blades, White LED H13 DRL's, Blue Dome LED, Blackout Tail Light Bezels, DIYSF Afterburners.
Audio: RF Dual 12" P3's, T400-2, T400-4, T1652-S, T1963, JBL MS-8, RFC1, Isolated Stinger SPV35.

Video:
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS... Mylink removed, I7 Mobile Project
Enhancements: MNM Catch Can, GM Strut Tower Brace.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #85
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Well, after owning my ZL1 for over a year now, I can't imagine getting rid of it. I'll admit it's not perfect, but it is perfect for me! I like the fact that around town in Houston you just don't see many (I can count the number I've seen on one hand). It's a conversation starter any time I stop for gas or take it in to the dealer for service. And, I still find myself sitting in the garage just admiring it! Definitely a keeper...
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #86
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"

Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
On this topic... if anyone is looking for a 2014 Blue Automatic at only $500 over invoice send me a PM

It's a great deal, nice dealership and regrettably I can't take the car.
jm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #87
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...bigtime talkin' outta hats goin' on here.....
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #88
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Its not a car that anyone that has to worry about their bills should really get. I would think it might take the enjoyment out of it if you have to pitch your pennies just to drive after spending so much to get it.
Lol... I didn't have to worry about bills until I bought my ZL1 lol..... Mine is more expensive that a bad crack habit....lol. I think I need to find a 12 step program for people that mod and track ZL1's. My name is Jess and I'm a ZL1 addict......
ADM - 434 ERL block. Trickflow 6 bolt heads, ADM cam, valves, springs. Heartbeat 2300 blower, twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS triple carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. LPE pulley upgrades, 1400 injectors. ADM/squash fuel system, ADM trunk intercooler reservoir & EMP pump, Ron Davis S/C heat ex, and radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air intercooler, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar, Hurst line lock, braided brake & clutch lines, Motul 660 and Porterfield R4 pads, racingbrake rotors. LPE nitrous controller. 1436 rwhp.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #89
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post

As for a Mustang GT. Please. There is no Mustang GT with a better quality interior than a ZL1 or even a non cloth SS for that matter. I owned one and i call Rattles all day BS.

It's mainly a few reasons. Couldn't afford, bought what they thought was a drag king that can barely keep up or beat a full bolt on SS or didn't like the car period or moved on to a Vette.

Overall though the car is worth the money and is great at what it was made to do right out of the box with a warranty. People think these cars are so expensive but, forget that the average suburban soccer mom is driving an SUV that cost's more than a 2SS does.
Your first paragraph is wrong. You see alot because ppl just don't want the vehicle, period. For the price you pay for the ZL1 you expect it to have much more than it does. Mine was bought used and even still I wasn't satisfied like I thought I originally was. The technology side was lacking. The 2013 and 2014 have had adjustments such as the mylink and recaro seats but even still it needs an uplift.

If Chevrolet can take some cues from Dodge such as the better mylink interface, digital guages, better leather materials, safety features, etc then I'd be a happy camper.

You'll see more 2012 than newer years because the lack of what the newer models have.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #90
snackbar64

Drives: SW ZL1, A6, Carbon, Nav, MR, 10 spk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Your first paragraph is wrong. You see alot because ppl just don't want the vehicle, period. For the price you pay for the ZL1 you expect it to have much more than it does. Mine was bought used and even still I wasn't satisfied like I thought I originally was. The technology side was lacking. The 2013 and 2014 have had adjustments such as the mylink and recaro seats but even still it needs an uplift.

If Chevrolet can take some cues from Dodge such as the better mylink interface, digital guages, better leather materials, safety features, etc then I'd be a happy camper.

You'll see more 2012 than newer years because the lack of what the newer models have.
I agree with you to a point in that this vehicle should of had the Mylink radio from the start in 2012. Don't know why it came with the old radio for only one model year. The 4 gauges on the bottom near the shifter should also have a digital interface within the HUD. Other than that this car is pretty much packed with technology. Think about how many cars outside of this one offer a HUD in the first place filled with valuable information that makes you feel like you're piloting a fighter jet. What other manufacturer builds a car with this performance at this price point that lets you send Navigation directions from your phone to the unit in the vehicle to display when you start it up, or lets you send a signal from your phone to start or disable the car? The rest of the technological marvels lie within the suspension that is probably the most sophisticated of any car on the planet (Bold Statement but it really is that good)

As far as the seats I think they are great and no matter how much we spend or how high the quality, our butts constantly rubbing against them over time will cause wear. They are very comfortable for me at least. There may not even be a 6th generation ZL1 to be had. We may have reached our Zenith for performance of this kind. With 580 hp this car gets horrible fuel economy. More performance will likely mean it will get even worse mileage. Don't expect leaps and bounds in the 6th generation car at least from a performance and technology standpoint. There will always be new creature comforts with any new vehicle however. Enjoy these cars for what they are while we can is my motto.

And as far as safety is concerned this is a 5 star crash tested vehicle, I believe. That was the only thing that sold my wife on it regardless of everything else mentioned.

I often think of how far video game systems have come when I think about cars. When looking at the technology and performance gap between the original Nintendo Entertainment System and the XBOX 360 it seems immense both visually and performance wise, but how much better is the New XBOX One? Not leaps and bounds visually and I'll bet the performance and game play is also similar. Sure, new creature allow you to talk to it and other things but the game play and visuals are very similar.

Last edited by snackbar64; 11-14-2013 at 10:11 AM.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #91
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
personally I didn't like the mylink radio and that was why I grabbed a '12 as soon as I could. didn't some of the final '12s get the newer radio? I also prefer an actual gauge over digital any day, but if im feeling digital ill just use the performance menu in the hud
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #92
snackbar64

The Mylink radio with nav was the biggest attraction to the car for me outside of performance. The 12 models did not have this radio at any time in that model year. I remember walking away from every ZL1 wondering why anyone would want the Mylink radio without the nav unit, but I certainly understand it is not to everyone's need or liking. I think it should be standard on a $55,000.00 car. It may be the only GM vehicle that is this expensive and a top of the line model and doesn't come with Nav standard. Why go through the trouble of making two radios like that?
Old 11-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #93
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
The Mylink radio with nav was the biggest attraction to the car for me outside of performance. The 12 models did not have this radio at any time in that model year. I remember walking away from every ZL1 wondering why anyone would want the Mylink radio without the nav unit, but I certainly understand it is not to everyone's need or liking. I think it should be standard on a $55,000.00 car. It may be the only GM vehicle (Outside of the Escalade and heavy duty pickups) that is this expensive and doesn't come with Nav standard. Why go through the trouble of making two radios like that?
Just remember what else you'er getting for $55,000....

A more accurate statement would be: "It should be standard on a $23,000 car". And that is less convincing...because every Camaro starts life the same as a V6 model....

That all said - I love Nav + MyLink!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #94
snackbar64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Just remember what else you'er getting for $55,000....

A more accurate statement would be: "It should be standard on a $23,000 car". And that is less convincing...because every Camaro starts life the same as a V6 model....

That all said - I love Nav + MyLink!
I made an edit to that statement but you are right we are getting a lot for our dollars in this car. If you get Nav in a fully loaded SS for 44k it should be standard in a 55k ZL1. My only gripe. Awesome machine!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #95
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
After reading the thread, I would say the lending practices of GM have more to do with the plethora of cars on the used market than anything else. You will always find the high end of any model for sale used, either because someone thinks they can cash in on the hottest model, or they stretched too far to get the car, or they just want the next great thing.

And I would like to point out that no one said the Mustang GT had a better interior, or even compared the car to a ZL1. They were only trying to point out that many Mustang buyers are not making the jump in price to get in a GT500, as it appears Camaro buyers are doing to get a ZL1. I think that reflects more on the larger price gap between a GT and 500, then the gap from 2SS to ZL1.

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #96
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:

Wow I didn't realize you sold yours. I'm really hoping they bring it back for the 6th gen.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #97
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
Wow I didn't realize you sold yours. I'm really hoping they bring it back for the 6th gen.
I think he needs to change his name to "Never Satisfied".

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #98
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
Yeah, I sold it. I'm headed out West for Drill Instructor orders. I won't have the time nor the energy to want to deal with it. I need extra room for my uniforms, gear, etc. I'll be back in a ZL1. Most likely a '13 or '15 if they don't have one for the 6th Gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think he needs to change his name to "Never Satisfied".
That was my original name on the forum, lol.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #99
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
That was my original name on the forum, lol.
Looks like you should have never changed it

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #100
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks like you should have never changed it
There is much more to life than a vehicle, buddy. It's called your loved ones which I'm satisfied