Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
San2cci

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS (25k miles)
Z/28 vs Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca

http://youtu.be/tv8I-gqc6sc

Sorry if this is a re-post; this was my first time watching..thought I'd share
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #2
Deki

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Not surprised at all. The Z28 is in a completely different league. If the 1LE with street tires was able to produce better lap times then a Boss with R-Comps, no surprise that a 505hp LS7 powered Camaro with 305 all around would do even better.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 2012 Focus
boo I was hoping this was gonna be at Laguna Seca lol
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Congrats GM, you took a purpose built track car and managed to beat a two year old car that costs at least $20k less.

What's next, are we going to start comparing the 1LE to the six banger Mustang?
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Bhobbs

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Congrats GM, you took a purpose built track car and managed to beat a two year old car that costs at least $20k less.

What's next, are we going to start comparing the 1LE to the six banger Mustang?

Good God, why do Mustang fanboys keep saying this?

GM didn't build the Z/28 to beat the BOSS, they built it to be the best track Camaro. Everyone and their mom was gonna ask to see it against the BOSS even knowing it would beat it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
This never ends. Ok, cobra guy what would you say about the Z against shelby? If it beat that then would you say "ok". Its only a matter of time before Ford comes out with something that will trump the Z. As I said, this never ends.
I'd still be laid here on my own..........wasting my life away.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
calebparkin3

Drives: 2012 TF3, 2012 F150, 2013 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

GM didn't build the Z/28 to beat the BOSS, they built it to be the best track Camaro. Everyone and their mom was gonna ask to see it against the BOSS even knowing it would beat it.
You don't think so? You don't think the boss influenced the Z28 at all? You don't think GM set out to beat the Boss LS? I think the Boss was a big influence and a big reason why the Z28 is so awesome.
calebparkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
CobraBall

Quote:

Kinda like all the GM fanboys(and GM themselves) that claim the '13 GT500 only exists because of the ZL1, when it was really because the Boss was treading on the same performance territory that the previous GT500 was?

At any rate, I couldn't care any less why GM built the car. I'm just not sure I'd be proud of beating up on a car that's no longer in production and cost several tens of thousands dollars less.

The 302R is probably a better comparison for a number of reasons, not the least of which being the fact that it's still in production, if as GM claims, this is the "ultimate track Camaro".
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
They didn't build the z28 to beat it. The 1le was pretty much purpose built to beat the boss. And it's does it just fine. With far less than fords "best handling mustang" when the 1le still had 2 big brothers in the track dpt

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
CobraBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
They didn't build the z28 to beat it. The 1le was pretty much purpose built to beat the boss. And it's does it just fine. With far less than fords "best handling mustang" when the 1le still had 2 big brothers in the track dpt

And the Boss is the car that's better built for repeated track abuse instead of setting a one lap record. Every comparison I've seen seems to state that the Boss is the more fun, tossable car to drive anyway.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
It's a gorgeous car. Don't get me wrong. And an icon. But the reason it was classified as more fun. Was because it couldn't keep it's ass in line. It slides through doesn't drive thrpugh

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #12
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Brakes are a big fail for ford.
Trying to defend a ford on a Chevy site is also a big fail.
Chevy builds off of ford like ford builds off Chevy. It's a never ending proses. If you don't think there is competitive R&D going on all the time then again cobra you fail bad..
I for one welcome one and all to the fight. Let's roll!!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
The boss sucks, the gt500 sucks, the 5.0 sucks, and the old cobra sucks the best.
I'd still be laid here on my own..........wasting my life away.
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
gearhead08

Drives: 2009 gt500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
The boss sucks, the gt500 sucks, the 5.0 sucks, and the old cobra sucks the best.
Very close minded young one. Some day you will learn grasshopper. What it feels like to be a real car enthusiast.
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
Bhobbs

Quote:
And the Boss is the car that's better built for repeated track abuse instead of setting a one lap record. Every comparison I've seen seems to state that the Boss is the more fun, tossable car to drive anyway.
Where do you get this from? What makes the 1LE a one lap hero?
Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #16
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
Quote:
They stopped production of the Boss because they cant offer anything better til the new IRS Mustang is here. Till then, its just normal to compare their best 'track Muscle car' against the Z28. You are butt hurt. Mustang Boss is a beast in every possible way. I'd own one if I was a Ford fan. In fact, I almost bought one instead of a 1LE...
Old 11-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #17
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Brakes are a big fail for ford.
Trying to defend a ford on a Chevy site is also a big fail.
Chevy builds off of ford like ford builds off Chevy. It's a never ending proses. If you don't think there is competitive R&D going on all the time then again cobra you fail bad..
I for one welcome one and all to the fight. Let's roll!!
Your bang on here...every car maker brings in the competitions product...tear it apart pick what they like and don't like about it then use the technology to make their car better. They all steal ideas from each other..it goes on and on.

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #18
Deki

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
lol says the guy with the car that even GM themselves gave up on and stopped making cuz it sucked so bad
Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #19
2SSJIM

Drives: CRT ZL1 #1400
Lots of Az. Ford Fanboys on here.......... As a person who has driven a Boss 302, the GT and owned one ('94) at one time, I can say that they are very nice cars and ride OK, however, they are not as good of a ride and lack the OVER ALL performance the Camaro has. Not saying I don't like the Mustangs or Dodges.... but I hate those fart Can weedwhacking sounding cars, the point is and if you listen to the Video, the Boss 302 is what was available to use as a comparison and now they are wanting to compete with higher end track related cars. So stop getting jealous of what GM has accomplished with the Camaro and go back to the Ford site!!!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
calebparkin3

Drives: 2012 TF3, 2012 F150, 2013 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
They stopped production of the Boss because they cant offer anything better til the new IRS Mustang is here. Till then, its just normal to compare their best 'track Muscle car' against the Z28. You are butt hurt. Mustang Boss is a beast in every possible way. I'd own one if I was a Ford fan. In fact, I almost bought one instead of a 1LE...

Actually the Boss was always planned to be limited to a 2 year production run, like the original.

What Ford has done with the SRA is pretty impressive. Even with its log in the back its just a smidge behind our Camaros in the handleing department (excluding the Z28) Im excited to see what ford will do with the IRS. I just hope they finally put some good rubber and breaks on the Mustang.
calebparkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Actually the Boss was always planned to be limited to a 2 year production run, like the original.

What Ford has done with the SRA is pretty impressive. Even with its log in the back its just a smidge behind our Camaros in the handleing department (excluding the Z28) Im excited to see what ford will do with the IRS. I just hope they finally put some good rubber and breaks on the Mustang.
The handling difference is due to tire size (not quality) and has little to do with the SRA. As for the brakes they're more than good enough for what anyone here will ever use them for.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
beat me to it... I really don't think anyone realizes this or knows this.

So in my eyes all the people saying 'compared to a 2 year old car that's no longer in production' and such, well that was always the plan on Ford's end, Chevy (or anyone else) would just love to see how these stack up against each other. Whether or not they were built based off each other or not... its competition, and if they didn't build off each other, then they'd be nothing of the sort.

-May
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
lol says the guy with the car that even GM themselves gave up on and stopped making cuz it sucked so bad
The Z28 and SS Camaros were cheaper than their Mustang counterparts but enough teenage girls bought the Mustang over the Camaro so Mustang lived on.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
The Z28 and SS Camaros were cheaper than their Mustang counterparts but enough teenage girls bought the Mustang over the Camaro so Mustang lived on.
Actually the GT was cheaper than even the base Z28, loaded SS was around the same price as the Cobra. the Mustang lived on because it didn't look like it was built by monkey's in the quality department........ And really, teenage girls? they outsold the Camaro 4 to 1! That is much more than daddies buying their daughters brand new sports cars........
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Nice 94' bro......still mad?
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote