|General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.|
|03-19-2008, 09:25 AM||#1|
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
2009 Dodge Challenger Press Release (introducing model lineup)
Introducing the All-New 2009 Dodge Challenger
35 Years Later, Dodge Redefines Modern American Muscle
* Re-creation of vintage American muscle car blends nostalgic flair with modern engineering and technology
* First five-passenger, two-door coupe produced from proven Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger platform
* First modern-day, HEMI®-powered car offered with precision-shift six-speed manual transmission
* New-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 delivers increased fuel economy (an estimated 5 percent) with more horsepower (30 hp) and improved torque (8 lb.-ft.)
* 5.7-liter HEMI goes from zero to 60 mph in less than six seconds
* SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine goes from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds
* Best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room provides spacious back seat for up to three adults
* Best-in-class trunk space (16.2 cu. ft.) equal to the Dodge Charger
* New "EZ" entry with high-mounted seat-back lever for easy, one-handed operation; enables second-row passengers to enter and exit with ease
* More than 25 safety and security features including supplemental side-curtain air bags, advanced multi-stage air bags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and anti-lock brakes
* Equipped with cutting-edge technology including MyGIG™ radio/navigation, UConnect® Hands-free Communication System, Keyless Go push-button start and Remote Start
* To ensure quality, Dodge Challenger engineers logged nearly 3.2 million customer-equivalent miles in the development process
* All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger to arrive this fall
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger merges the best American muscle-car characteristics -- unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines, and technology -- designed to delight driving enthusiasts across several generations.
"Our all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger is a modern-day muscle machine representing the best from the past and present," said Mike Accavitti, Director, Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing, Chrysler LLC. "Thirty-five years following the debut of the original, we are bringing Dodge Challenger back and loading it with essential hardware, styling and technology desired by today's buyer."
The Dodge Challenger is the first five-passenger, two-door coupe produced from Chrysler's proven rear-wheel-drive platform that delivers the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger. Developed with Dodge's credo of "bold, powerful and capable," the Challenger delivers a modern two-door muscle car.
Three models will be offered in North America: Dodge Challenger SRT8®, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SE.
The Dodge Challenger R/T features the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with a five-speed automatic transmission that produces an estimated 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. of torque (540 N•m). For 2009, the HEMI engine is upgraded to get an estimated five percent improvement in fuel economy as well as an increase of 30 horsepower (9 percent) and 8 lb.-ft. improved torque (2 percent) over a greater range of engine speeds. The Dodge Challenger R/T also offers a precision-shift six-speed manual transmission -- the first for a new-generation HEMI-powered car -- that produces 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 404 lb.-ft. of torque (548 N•m) when running on premium fuel. The Dodge Challenger R/T can go from zero to 60 mph in less than six seconds.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 features an SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine mated with a new-for-2009 six-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick that generates a blistering 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (569 N•m). The vehicle can go from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds.
The Dodge Challenger SE powered by the 3.5-liter High Output V-6 with a four-speed automatic transmission produces 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft. of torque (339 N•m).
Patterned off the Dodge Charger architecture, the front suspension and five-link independent rear suspension system on all Dodge Challenger models provide excellent ride and handling characteristics.
The Dodge Challenger design team stayed true to the concept revealed at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, while drawing upon elements from the original Challenger. The result: a bold, aggressive muscle machine that blends nostalgia with modern Dodge style.
"Our designers wanted to capture the mind's-eye view of what people today remember about the Dodge Challenger from 35 years ago," said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Design, Chrysler LLC. "Their challenge was to excite today's customer by capturing the emotion of the original Challenger, while offering today's comfort and performance."
On the exterior, the long, raised performance hood with scoops and recessed grille with round dual headlamps are reminiscent of the original Dodge Challenger. The bold A-line, or character line, that runs from stem to stern gives the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger an instantly recognizable muscle car profile. Retro dual rectangular exhaust outlets complete the look from the rear.
On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. The modern interpretation of the Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared to the competition. Coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.) -- equal to the Dodge Charger -- the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger offers added comfort and functionality.
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger offers customers a full range of innovative technologies including:
* MyGIG™ provides a cutting-edge multimedia audio and entertainment system, with built-in navigation
* UConnect® Hands-free Communication System provides convenient, voice-activated communication with Bluetooth® cellular phones
* SIRIUS® Digital Satellite Radio offers a variety of commercial-free radio programs and music for enhanced listening enjoyment
* Keyless Go allows the driver to start the vehicle with the simple push of a button
* Remote Start starts a secured vehicle with the key fob
More than 25 Safety and Security Features
Dodge Challenger offers more than 25 safety and security features including:
* Supplemental Side-curtain Air Bags extend protection to all outboard front- and rear-seat passengers
* Anti-lock Brakes (ABS) modulate the brakes for the driver to provide steering control while braking
* Electronic Stability Program (ESP) applies selective braking or throttle reduction to control oversteer and understeer
* Brake Assist ensures maximum braking action during panic stops
* Traction Control reduces the throttle and/or applies selective braking to optimize traction during acceleration
* Hill Start Assist (HSA) for Manual Transmission application assists the driver in launching the vehicle on an incline
* Automatic Headlamps turn headlamps on at dusk and off in the daylight without driver intervention
* Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) alerts driver about low tire pressure(s) in order to facilitate safe handling
2009 Dodge Challenger Production
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger will be built at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It will be built on the same assembly line as the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger.
|03-19-2008, 01:33 PM||#2|
I used to be Dragoneye...
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Well...that brings to light this mystery 5.7L HEMI....now, to beat it.
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)
|03-19-2008, 03:06 PM||#4|
I heard about it from motortrend. http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...er_first_look/
Its good that they went with the 250 hp V6 since that beast weighs 3720 lbs, its not as bad as the 200 hp engine they had in the Charger. Also, they are really chopping the price for V6 compared to the Charger's. I guess they have to if they want to sell any. But from this, we can tell that the V6 Camaro will be in the low 20's for sure.
One question, how in the hell did the Challenger gain 300 lbs going from a V6 to a V8?
|03-19-2008, 03:31 PM||#5|
Join Date: Feb 2008
|03-19-2008, 04:36 PM||#6|
Drives: 1967 CAMARO
Join Date: Nov 2006
I think we will get a v6 not a four banger i think lutz is playing with ford and dodge to see there reactions ???
TRUE CAMARO FAN
|03-19-2008, 04:45 PM||#7|
Drives: 2004 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
|03-20-2008, 01:24 AM||#8|
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Well...it gets bluetooth, nav, remote and push button start... Now, we better get that bluetooth and nav option in the Camaro. Push button apparently ain't gonna happen. It would be nice...but ok.
Oh, and no. I'm not worried at all about engine displacement and HP. I KNOW GM will top everyone....no prob.
|03-20-2008, 01:47 AM||#9|
Reality Check Specialist
I can't wait to see some testing numbers for the SRT8/TR6060 model and the R/T with six speed, too... oh, and the rumblings of a 500+hp Hemi are still echoing around... still haven't found anything concrete on it, but then again, we dont know what V8 is going in the Camaro, either, so it looks like the horsepower wars are keeping the car companies silent.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New future challenger information||The_Stache||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||25||06-09-2010 05:49 PM|
|Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8||AirGoya||Chevy Camaro vs...||86||07-24-2008 12:20 PM|
|Challenger Pricing||LSxcellent||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||31||12-03-2007 10:00 PM|
|Ontario to become home of the all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger||Mr. Wyndham||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||3||08-09-2007 03:54 AM|