Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
rmb21301

Drives: 2014 SS 2SS
Getting cut off by small cars....

I don't drive fast often because in New York, there's a cop like every half mile. But no matter where I go, if I'm cruising at like 60-65mph, a prius or Honda, or something small will speed up just to cut me off lol. The minute I speed up to not let them do it is when the cop will tag me.

Bleh.
rmb21301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
That's just the weenie factor - weenies driving inferior cars trying to make themselves feel better. Later tonight while meeting with other weenies, he'll tell everyone how he blew a Camaro away...
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Metallic 2SS RS
Down here, all the damn Toyotas and Hondas like to ride in the "fast" lane, at or below the speed limit. Holding up the traffic (the majority) that is cruising moderately over the limit. And there is a mile of open road ahead of them. Frustrating, but what can you do?

2013 CRT 2SS RS – Heritage Grille, CAI, ZL1 Style Splitter, Chrome OEM Wheels.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
BFella

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
That's just the weenie factor - weenies driving inferior cars trying to make themselves feel better. Later tonight while meeting with other weenies, he'll tell everyone how he blew a Camaro away...
This gave me a good laugh.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Sounds like most of the guys on here claiming the smoked a Mustang...
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #6
Cldgin2

Drives: 2014 2SS
Thank you for the laugh!

Quote:
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Funny....I was just driving the wife's S2000 a couple of weeks ago down a stretch of highway and a V6 Mustang came along side and proceeded to give me a driving lesson. He lost. A guy from California is flying down to buy it Tuesday. It will be missed but we're running low on garage space. My knees will thank me though.

Moral of story: Weenies come in all flavors.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:39 AM   #8
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Down here, all the damn Toyotas and Hondas like to ride in the "fast" lane, at or below the speed limit. Holding up the traffic (the majority) that is cruising moderately over the limit. And there is a mile of open road ahead of them. Frustrating, but what can you do?
Come up behind them with this. They might move over.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2LT/Non-RS
Quote:
Hahaha,,, that was a good one

TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #10
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I just laugh at their insecurity then I get pissed about the rocks they throw up from changing lanes right in front of me, usually I know when it's coming and just hang back. Like the snow plow pic that's funny !
lawdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #11
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
Sounds like most of the guys on here claiming the smoked a Mustang...
Here is some of those guys.... http://youtu.be/ajEJAdhvxuk

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.
rontammy0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #12
NJScorpio

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Moral of story: Weenies come in all flavors.
Hmmmm.....
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #13
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Hmmmm.....
Quit it......

K@N CAI....Vmax ported throttlebody...JBA shorty headers...SOLO hi flow cats....JBA Powercables...Magnaflow competition exhaust.
rontammy0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #14
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb21301 View Post
I don't drive fast often because in New York, there's a cop like every half mile. But no matter where I go, if I'm cruising at like 60-65mph, a prius or Honda, or something small will speed up just to cut me off lol. The minute I speed up to not let them do it is when the cop will tag me.

Bleh.
It's actually noteworthy to me how LITTLE this happens to me in the Camaro. I also own an Audi, and drive my girlfriends cars and company cars regularly....and there's nothing like the Camaro to get people to move out of the way when you're traveling down the highway, or let you go when it's a coin-toss who should have the right of way.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/1LE
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
There was a Mini Cooper S the other night that pulled this maneuver. He was wringing through the gears with passion. My wife asked me what he was doing. I said "about 35 miles an hour."
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #16
Stecky

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
Hahaha,,, that was a good one
How did you get that picture of the girl on your info display?
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Opposite for me. People in POS Toyotas, Hondas, Hyunais, KIAs, etc.. will ride my rear bumper and tailgate me like no tomorrow, no matter the lane I'm in and I am not going slow then I move over and they slow down. It's like they just see a Camaro or a fast car and want to go faster than it for some odd reason.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #18
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I get that all the time as well. Just laugh and let them go knowing the fact that your driving a STUD and they are driving a DUD!!!

I also get this a lot off the light. Does not seem to matter what car is next to me, generally piece of crap cars, but they do their damnest to get off the line first, just set back and smile at them.

Knowing you have a superior machine is more then enough for me!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #19
Evergreen6

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Most of the zombies have an incorrectly righteous "me first" attitude on the road. They don't necessarily want to go fast, but it appears they want to be in front of everyone/everything. It's not a protest, "just keep right."
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #20
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Never had this in my Camaro, it seems though that sometimes people pull out of my way for no reason.. Odd...
The passing thing used to happen ALL the time with a red 2002 WS6 I had.. I finally figured out all the guys driving mini vans were "racing".. Rediculous...
Old 05-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #21
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I do not think any of these situations have anything to do with the Camaro, or any other car that you might be in at the time.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #22
TXLS3
Automatics lol

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
I don't appreciate this thread. My daily driver is a honda and I don't do any of the described. In fact I think your just describing bad drivers who don't pay attention to there surroundings and there speed. Weenie syndrome? You drive a v6 lol
Old 05-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #23
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
It's pretty funny for me. As I still have my beater honda civic I drive on the weekdays it's funny how different your treated. It's like a skinny person in a fat suit. It don't bother me, I get tailgaters, people pulling out in front of me, people not letting me over. In my camaro, it's the total opposite. At the end of the day however, when I pull up to the house I smile bc I have my dream car waiting.
Shiftgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
gpskinzhut

Drives: 87 IROC-Z, 2010 2LT
I get this same crap no matter what I'm driving, from other 5th gen owners included.

2010 2LT/RS: Eibach sport kit, ZL1 bumper, grill, rockers, spoiler, SLP Powerflo axle back, Elite Engineering CC, C.A.I. intake, VMAX TB, ZL1 20x10 replicas, 275/40's all around
1987 IROC-Z: 305 TPI, World Class T5 5-speed, G92 perf option, T-tops, weekend toy
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #25
Evergreen6

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
I don't appreciate this thread. My daily driver is a honda and I don't do any of the described. In fact I think your just describing bad drivers who don't pay attention to there surroundings and there speed. Weenie syndrome? You drive a v6 lol
Uhhhhh, here we go again. Speaking of weenies...
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote