Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #18
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Looks like you have it under control now.

I was unaware you had problems with the new sheets.
No problems, just trying to work smarter and save time. Once again the C5 community comes through in flying colours.


__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
THX for your input, but I would have to go back and change all the list's from converter to TC. I appreciate your kind words.

Just an FYI, you may already know this, but you can use the "Search & Replace" or "Find & Replace" function which will find the word "converter" and change it to "TC" everywhere in the entire sheet for you with one click. Rather than changing each one individually it will find them all and replace them all at one time. If you had to go in and find that word and replace it on 10 sheets, the entire process should take no more than 2-3 minutes, if that. You tell them what word to find and in which cells, rows, or columns, and what to replace it with and bam its done!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Just an FYI, you may already know this, but you can use the "Search & Replace" or "Find & Replace" function which will find the word "converter" and change it to "TC" everywhere in the entire sheet for you with one click. Rather than changing each one individually it will find them all and replace them all at one time. If you had to go in and find that word and replace it on 10 sheets, the entire process should take no more than 2-3 minutes, if that. You tell them what word to find and in which cells, rows, or columns, and what to replace it with and bam its done!
I gave it a go just to see, but it didn't seem to work.
__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I gave it a go just to see, but it didn't seem to work.
Hmmm, not sure what you are doing wrong. Maybe watching this short video on YouTube will help:


Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I gave it a go just to see, but it didn't seem to work.
I can format them for you if you need. Not sure if I still have access or not.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I can format them for you if you need. Not sure if I still have access or not.
I have Access and can do it if you can't.

I'd also recommend putting all of the rows/columns inside of a table - that way new rows are added automatically whenever a time gets added updated
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I can format them for you if you need. Not sure if I still have access or not.
No need for that right now. Speaking of access I want to give you access just in case something happens to me. I don't want the next person to have to start from scratch like I did. As well if I stepped away from this I would give access to the next member and they could just carry on where I left off with the current Google Doc spread sheets.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hmmm, not sure what you are doing wrong. Maybe watching this short video on YouTube will help:


THX Bud. I'll have a look.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #26
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I have Access and can do it if you can't.

I'd also recommend putting all of the rows/columns inside of a table - that way new rows are added automatically whenever a time gets added updated
You have access to my Google Doc account?
__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
You have access to my Google Doc account?
No.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #28
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I have Access and can do it if you can't.

I'd also recommend putting all of the rows/columns inside of a table - that way new rows are added automatically whenever a time gets added updated
That would be cool if I could get that feature working.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #29
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
That would be cool if I could get that feature working.

Does Google docs support Macros? If so do you mind if I add one to automatically resort the list? That way you can just add something to the bottom - press a button - and it's resorted.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #30
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Does Google docs support Macros? If so do you mind if I add one to automatically resort the list? That way you can just add something to the bottom - press a button - and it's resorted.

Sounds like your swearing at me. PM me your email address and when I get home from work I'll see if I can give you access to one for you to try. Now that I think of it Rhino has a time to be added to list #3 on the 1/8 fast list.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Sounds like your swearing at me. PM me your email address and when I get home from work I'll see if I can give you access to one for you to try. Now that I think of it Rhino has a time to be added to list #3 on the 1/8 fast list.

PM sent won't be able to look at it until tomorrow though.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.
 
Drives: My wifey ;P
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,114
All you have to do is adjust the decimal places the option would be somewhere up at the numerals or something option.
__________________
"From ZERO to a Tire-Burning HERO!"

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #33
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
You could also just duplicate one of the spreadsheets that works for you and then populate it with the data.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #34
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
PM sent won't be able to look at it until tomorrow though.
You can now edit and play with the 1/8 mile #3 list. Have fun, Rhino79 needs to added to that list while your at it. I have a screen shot of the entire list just in case.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.