Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
Spitting Fire / Camaro (problematic?)

Can spitting fire in the backof your V6 Camaro be a problem long-term? Just curious

I saw the HofT tuned Camaro on youtube and want to do the same thing. Is it possible

Make America Great Again! You know who I'm rooting for!
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
It's entirely doable but it can melt your diffuser and cause other problems down the road if not done carefully.
Roto-Fab CAI | Ark N-II Exhaust | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper | Vmax Ported TB | Vitesse Throttle Controller | VMax Ice-olator | EmblemPro's Custom Badges | Painted Underhood Accessories | Custom T3 Carbon Fiber Stripes | Vitesse Paddle Shifters
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
CreativeDawn

@Evil

Old 01-07-2015, 06:45 AM   #4
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
@Evil

Sounds like a straight 6 lol. Or like the new Jaguar Supercharged F-Type. Pretty cool. Thats a waste of gas though. Unless the gas is being used to go from point a to point b, or going faster. I wouldnt do it and can only see future problems both mechanically and or aesthetically when/if the fire hits the diffuser.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
It can be done by a custom tune , but you will need to remove your catalysts inorder to let fuel reach the exhaust system , the catalysts will prevent that to happen , so basically you need a backfire tune and to remove the catalysts and replace them by straight pipes.
Ksacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Sounds like a straight 6 lol. Or like the new Jaguar Supercharged F-Type. Pretty cool. Thats a waste of gas though. Unless the gas is being used to go from point a to point b, or going faster. I wouldnt do it and can only see future problems both mechanically and or aesthetically when/if the fire hits the diffuser.
+1... seriously!
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, FE4 struts,ZL1 toe rods/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing front sway bar, JPSS FE4 rear sway and radius arm inserts, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I don't mind a rev every now and then but when I see people revving the **** out of their engines I'm like

Too much Fast and the Furious! Engines don't like it.
Fabberge turbo setup -- 93 octane tune -- AEM Boost Controller -- Tial Q Blow off Valve -- SS Brembo brakes w/ SS master cylinder and Goodridge stainless steel brake lines -- ZL1 sway bars -- Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs -- Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe and muffler delete with quad tips -- MightyMouse Solutions catch can
12.180 @ 119.44
JantzenOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #8
CreativeDawn

Got ya guys...Thanks for the info!