Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #29
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
I'd love to hear some better sound clips.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Tecca
.
 
Tecca's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I'd love to hear some better sound clips.
Installing mine tomorrow, and will post new clips tomorrow night.

Just let me know what you want to hear.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #31
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,357
If you want a meaner sound...buy an SS!
__________________
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #32
Tecca
.
 
Tecca's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
If you want a meaner sound...buy an SS!

Didn't want a meaner sound, just wanted a tad better performance and did't wan't the floater look. If I wanted a muscle car sound I would have gotten a SS.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
Tecca
.
 
Tecca's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,380
New video with sound on page 1, first post. I will upload some before and after pictures later and a indepth review. Just wanted to get you guys the video.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #34
BlackIce1066
Black Ice
 
BlackIce1066's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pueblo,Co.
Posts: 893
I helped him install them today and it was alot easier then expected. In total it took about an hour if that. It actually took more time to get the tools, jack and blocks out and making the extra trip back to my brothers house to get the forgotten clamps Very easy install. Ignore the suggested place to cut and cut at about 2 inches instead of the suggested 2.32 inches.
Allows you to put and adjust the lengh of the tip to poke out of the back.

Very good productand good sound. It may sound a little on the tuner side but on acceloration it sounds not as harsh as stock but good tone. Also looks alot better than the big cans sitting inder the car. The tips look amazing and fill in the large hole for the exhaist tips.

Next on the list, Henessey Air intake. Should make it also sound a little deeper too.

Great car Bro

PS: I think a good stream of NOS purge would look great.

Last edited by BlackIce1066; 07-22-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Forgot something
BlackIce1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #35
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
New video with sound on page 1, first post. I will upload some before and after pictures later and a indepth review. Just wanted to get you guys the video.

Still pretty quiet, but a lot better sounding than stock. Also, I like the Silver with red stripes combo you got there.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #36
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacfanatic66 View Post
I helped him install them today and it was alot easier then expected. In total it took about an hour if that. It actually took more time to get the tools, jack and blocks out and making the extra trip back to my brothers house to get the forgotten clamps Very easy install. Ignore the suggested place to cut and cut at about 2 inches instead of the suggested 2.32 inches.
Allows you to put and adjust the lengh of the tip to poke out of the back.

Very good productand good sound. It may sound a little on the tuner side but on acceloration it sounds not as harsh as stock but good tone. Also looks alot better than the big cans sitting inder the car. The tips look amazing and fill in the large hole for the exhaist tips.

Next on the list, Henessey Air intake. Should make it also sound a little deeper too.

Great car Bro

PS: I think a good stream of NOS purge would look great.
Sound should improve a bit over time as things season...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #37
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
New video with sound on page 1, first post. I will upload some before and after pictures later and a indepth review. Just wanted to get you guys the video.
Thanks for the video, I was going to do a vid/sound clip this weekend. Really no need to now as yours captures what it is.

I bought and had mine installed by my dealer for $861. I think they sound great, I wouldn't want them any louder, they have a good low pitch for the 6

I've said before, you won't mistake it for a LS3 nor a import with a coffee can.

A little pricey for sure but I'm pleased with this setup. The tips look great too.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #38
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM
 
lakers171's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawthorne, Ca
Posts: 2,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Thanks for the video, I was going to do a vid/sound clip this weekend. Really no need to now as yours captures what it is.

I bought and had mine installed by my dealer for $861. I think they sound great, I wouldn't want them any louder, they have a good low pitch for the 6

I've said before, you won't mistake it for a LS3 nor a import with a coffee can.

A little pricey for sure but I'm pleased with this setup. The tips look great too.
well maybe you can still do it and maybe two different video recorders can have different sound so just try it this weekend i know alot especially me would appreciate it.
__________________
lakers171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #39
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90
 
67 GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SE Pa.
Posts: 1,877
A couple pictures.







67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #40
tlubeskie
 
tlubeskie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Silver w/Black Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 18
Love the sound from inside the cabin. It's a little raspy at WOT - is there anything that can be done about that?
tlubeskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #41
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlubeskie View Post
Love the sound from inside the cabin. It's a little raspy at WOT - is there anything that can be done about that?
that unfortunately is the nature of the V6... it can get raspy very easily... My guess is some of the raspy will subside once they've been on the car for a while... (yes, mufflers actually do "break-in")
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #42
camaro guy
 
camaro guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: missouri
Posts: 540
wow. those sound so close to the stock. not worth a penny imo
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RATING HEADERS??? SAUCE Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 20 12-02-2011 09:21 PM
GMPP Exhaust Available Now? DevilKnightFalcon Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 2 07-02-2009 12:54 PM
Video at idle of 2010 Camaro with GMPP performance catback exhaust? Brangeta Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 0 07-01-2009 01:18 PM
GMPP Cat Back Exhaust clips? Seawolf Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 20 06-26-2009 05:27 PM
When are we gonna hear/see the GMPP catback exhaust??? CamaroEnergy4Life Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 2 06-19-2009 12:48 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.