Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 03-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
1LE Captain

Drives: 2014 Red Rock 2SS 1LE RS NPP
Buh bye hill assist

Cold Sunday morning project. Hill Assist is gone. Also put on the front rock guards. One week of ownership so far. Enjoying the hell out of this car.

Onto the next mod..........

JL Audio Amp upgrade, thinking 700/5 with 12" JL Sub and Subthump trunk enclosure. Right track?

Waiting for my Rockers to come in from Garys.

Have to get under the car for the skip shift as well. Don't have the ramps for it. I have the old school metal jobs that haven't fit on my last few cars.........
1LE Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
How did you get rid of hill assist?
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
To get technical they make a thingie(sensor)that you can install under the center counsel.I will see if i can find it.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Green95ss
Tinkerer

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS 1LE
Lookup "disable HSA" in the DIY section--very easy with just one part to replace. I did it and it is awesome!

1987 Porsche 911 Carrera, Euro 3.2, GHL headers & exhaust
Green95ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
AG1LE

Drives: '14 RRM 2SS/RS/1LE
I look forward to seeing our color 1LE with the ZL1 rockers...on my list...
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green95ss View Post
Lookup "disable HSA" in the DIY section--very easy with just one part to replace. I did it and it is awesome!
+1 !!!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
Gary, I did this swap out mod. Only takes 10 minutes. Meet me at the next Cars and coffee on Sunday, and I'll show you.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #8
1LE Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
I look forward to seeing our color 1LE with the ZL1 rockers...on my list...
Soon......
Old 03-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
1LE Captain

It took me more than 10 minutes. First time taking the console apart so I went a little slower. Now I can do it very quickly.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300649

That Hill Assist is for beginners and grandmas. Seriously should have a software control to turn it on and off.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Gary, I did this swap out mod. Only takes 10 minutes. Meet me at the next Cars and coffee on Sunday, and I'll show you.
Thanks Wayne. I need to do this. Maybe March 23rd at the Kohls if the weather is nice.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6
I need to do this when I get home. I hate that shit. Almost makes me stall at stoplights and look like I'm learning to drive stick for the first time.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
1LE Captain

yeppo, don't you love the smell of your burning clutch.............
Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #13
1LE Captain

Ordered 700/5 JL Amp, JL 12W1V3-2 Sub, Subthump Stealth box. Ready to go.

A mild to wild (knock off) relay will be here tomorrow, fuse is already pulled but I dig the homelink switching opton of it.

List is getting smaller...............
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #14
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
Can this be eliminated during a tune?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Can this be eliminated during a tune?
I don't think so. It isn't part of the ECM (engine control module) only part of the BCM (body control module). The only people that have access to the Body control module are dealerships and GM. However calling GM even on the dealership side and having them write programs to add or delete something doesn't work at all. They say they can't. So that leaves us with 1 option, order a YAW sensor from a 2012 Camaro.
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
SteveV

Drives: 2013 VR Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Captain View Post
Ordered 700/5 JL Amp, JL 12W1V3-2 Sub, Subthump Stealth box. Ready to go.

A mild to wild (knock off) relay will be here tomorrow, fuse is already pulled but I dig the homelink switching opton of it.

List is getting smaller...............
I have almost the same setup in my trunk. Except the Amp, I went with the JL JX1000/1D amplifier. Excellent thump. May I also suggest getting bass blockers for your door speakers? If you knock out all frequencies below 100hz to the door speakers, it makes everything sound better.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
raw_shark

Drives: Black '13 SS 1LE
I disabled mine yesterday too. Those two screws behind the console were a pain, but overall very easy mod.

GOOD RIDDANCE to the terrible Hill Start Assist! Worst feature ever.
raw_shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #18
SP33D

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I need to do this when I get home. I hate that shit. Almost makes me stall at stoplights and look like I'm learning to drive stick for the first time.
Yeah, sounds like the first time I had mine out with a buddy and some lady friends late November 2012... I didn't know about the chime (had the radio on) and the dash warning for the hill assist. Barely on an incline so i didn't even think to wait for it to disengage. Stalled out 2 times in a row at a red light with a kid in a bmw next to me laughing... Learned all about it the next day on this forum, wish the dealer had explained it to me.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #19
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
I guess I'm a bit lost. I've had mine kick in a handful of times here in CO on hills and slopes. I haven't read up on it, but it seems like it did what it suggests - keeps you from any back roll while you engage. Other than a very superficial shuttering when I let the clutch out, it gets up and rolls away just fine without any change to my normal workflow. No smells, no sputtering or stalling.

Is it seriously stalling that many people out and murdering clutches or is this really more of a preference thing? I have to say I like the fact this feature is in the car for when my wife drives it on that rare occasion.
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #20
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
I guess I'm a bit lost. I've had mine kick in a handful of times here in CO on hills and slopes. I haven't read up on it, but it seems like it did what it suggests - keeps you from any back roll while you engage. Other than a very superficial shuttering when I let the clutch out, it gets up and rolls away just fine without any change to my normal workflow. No smells, no sputtering or stalling.

Is it seriously stalling that many people out and murdering clutches or is this really more of a preference thing? I have to say I like the fact this feature is in the car for when my wife drives it on that rare occasion.
I think there may be something involved about how you come up to the stop as well. I do not have it engage very often, even in the hills of North GA, and it is so obvious when it does, you simply work with it. I ma glad there is an option for the folks it bothers, and agree it should be feature the driver can turn off. If it was able to be turned off, I would do so, but it is such a non-issue to me, I would not spend dime one or any of my time to remove it. Just my $.02.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
DaemonGPF
Redonkulous

Drives: Camaro
I agree - the more things you can toggle to your preference out of the box, the better.
DaemonGPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #22
raw_shark

Drives: Black '13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post

Mine would kick in on very minor hills, especially my driveway, which is barely slanted at all. It was like having somebody randomly pull the emergency brake whenever they felt like it. To overcome it and keep from stalling, you had to rev the crap out of the engine, or risk stalling if you tried to be smooth. I would smell clutch pretty often just from turning around in my driveway. When pulling into my garage, it was like having a reverse line lock - I would give it throttle and release the clutch, the nose of the car would lift up for one second, then the brake would release and lurch forward.

Been driving stick for 20 plus years and NEVER had issues with hills until dealing with hill start assist. Wish it could have just been switched off.

Sounds like some were more intrusive than others though.
raw_shark is offline   Reply With Quote