Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Updated Kicker 10" L7 and 750 watt amp install

Round two went much better after i took zzcamaro's(i think it was him who suggested it) advice. I installed a JL Audio Clean Sweep and it works amazing. The clean sweep splices into the speaker wires at the factory amp and then analyzes the signal and has two sets of pre outs and an aux input on it. It creates a strong signal so that any amps attached to it can read it and use their full potential. This is definitely the way to go for those who want to upgrade their systems themselves. It was pretty easy and turned out really nice. You dont have to chose this particular unit but i did because it has the second pre out for when i replace other speakers in the car besides just adding the sub. The sub is really loud in the trunk and thats with the gain at almost 0.
Attached Images

klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Ok...I see your bass "volume" knob in the center console (I'd LOVE to have added that). But, what is the knob that is next to the traction control and what is above it? Got me curious...
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok...I see your bass "volume" knob in the center console (I'd LOVE to have added that). But, what is the knob that is next to the traction control and what is above it? Got me curious...
that is the sub volume control, i have that for my kicker crossover.In this application it may be for gain adjustment on the amp

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
klove

It came with the clean sweep, it is exactly what nexus said, a volume control for the clean sweep. The reason i installed both the sub bass boost and the volume control, since they essentially do the same thing right now, is because when i add additional amps for additional speakers the clean sweep control knob will turn up all amps attached and i want to have the sub on an independent control knob from future amps. It was pretty convenient that the knob matches the silver interior of the car perfectly.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
looks good, so did you buy the JL AUDIO CL-SES?
or the CleanSweep« CL441-dsp?

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
klove

I got the Clean Sweep so that i can attach more amps when i want to replace the rest of the speakers. That volume knob is really nice too.