Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
PolynesianPowerhouse

Drives: 2013 chevy camaro
bc racing coilovers max height.

Does anyone know offhand the maximum height the bc racing coilovers allow the car to be set at? I know the ER series are shorter overall.. but with the BR series can the car be left at stock height? Asking due to the winters, a lowered car isnt the smartest thing around baltimore. And with the charger I had to get a custom rear spring wound by road magnet.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse

Wow... 201 views...7 days...and not a single person with the coilovers or a vendor can chime in? Is there a certain clique we need to be in to get questions answered?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I thought some experts would have jumped in by now, but since they haven't I will answer your question.

Yes they can be left at stock height and you could probably raise the height by at least 1 inch over stock. Not that I would recommend that.

If you have anymore questions let me know. I will help as much as I can. Going on 40K plus with mine.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
I thought some experts would have jumped in by now, but since they haven't I will answer your question.

Yes they can be left at stock height and you could probably raise the height by at least 1 inch over stock. Not that I would recommend that.

If you have anymore questions let me know. I will help as much as I can. Going on 40K plus with mine.
nah no replies until yours, which I def appreciate.... and yes I will def have more questions I am sure!

I rang up bcracing-na today....

granted I have experience with their products, and getting custom springs made for hard to find applications for their coilovers... ran my last set of coilovers for over 135K miles

today I was told that they only offer 12kg rear springs now....

however, every place on the forum sells 8kg front and 10kg rear or so they advertise....

this is for the BR series... I thought the ER series were the only ones that came with the 12kg rears... so now its off to figure that out.

but I def do appreciate the reply... have some worries about snow driving, as winter is coming, and as long as I can get it to stock height... I'll be good. according to bc racing from this morning... stock height cant be achieved...just 1 inch below stock height...

but its better to ask those who atleast have em and run em...

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 09-10-2014 at 04:14 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I find it hard to believe they can't be set to stock height. I am sure some have run Coil overs at stock height.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
I find it hard to believe they can't be set to stock height. I am sure some have run Coil overs at stock height.
Thays what I figured as well...but when I called bc... they said an inch below...

The other baffling part was them saying the br series were 12kg/in in the rear.... every vendor on here advertises 10kg/in.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
X25

Drives: '14 AGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:

IIRC, KW coilovers' max height was listed as 0.7" below the stock height, so yes, it is possible for coilovers to not be as high as stock. I don't know about BC Racing coilovers' range, though.
X25 is online now   Reply With Quote