Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Good window tinting in Detroit ??

Does anyone know of a good window tinting place in the metro Detroit area?? Anywhere between Downtown Detroit and Troy is my usual stomping grounds.

I want to find a shop that will do the whole car for under $200 and will apply the tint all the way to the edge of the glass. NO LINES !!

Any suggestions ??
Old 07-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
AutobotSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
www.quicktintg.com will send you computer pre cut tints. just use soapy water and apply the tint to your own vehicle. $60 plus shipping. 6303277058.
AutobotSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
irocgen5

Drives: Iroc
Sunshade in Troy, Maple and Livernois.
irocgen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
NitetRyder

Drives: Camaro
Good tint in the D

Hey, so I found a great place to get your tint done. Notorious Tintz in Livonia.

I looked at a few other places, before I found this place. I tinted the sides and the back and it looks great. No bubbles or lines. When they finished they had to do the driver door again because when you open the doors it opens the windows slightly which caused some moisture to rub it. But they took care of it immediatly and I'm very satisfied. They also blacked out my black Camaro which really impressed me. They uses a imported black film over the lights to smoke it out so you don't have to spray it, and it still allows the light through. They also blacked the bow ties. I'll try to post some pics soon.

A few other notes, the place was very clean, in a good area, very reasonable prices, the owner/other guys in the shop were very cool, and they do good work. The bottom line is that you can trust this place with your new camaro.

Also, I looked at Sunshade in Troy. I wasn't impressed driving by. Based on the cars I saw sitting outside, I opted not to go there.
NitetRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
TheSpartanPope

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 1LT
Will shops in Michigan tint the front side windows? I know that the laws here are pretty strict on tinting, though my current car had tint applied out of state before I bought it and I've never been pulled over for that...
TheSpartanPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
NitetRyder

Drives: Camaro
Yes, they will do the sides, and windshield if you want it.
NitetRyder is offline   Reply With Quote