Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Cyberfan
 
Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 195
Question Any dealers doing discounts yet?

It's hard to tell from the threads about "MSRP and below" dealers and "What did you pay?" whether dealers are giving any discounts yet or not. I get the impression they are not, or very few are.

I do know that if you pay more than MSRP right now, you are not a smart shopper as plenty of dealers are selling Camaros for that. The dealer I take my Corvette to for service here in Atlanta (Day's Chevrolet) is selling them all day long at MSRP when you special order a car from them. But the cars they get in are all sold, so they don't have any in the showroom. Some other dealers have cars in the showroom that they mark up over MSRP to people who are willing to get gouged to have a Camaro right now.

So, any dealers or salesmen who post on Camaro5 giving any discounts? Did you get a discount from MSRP for your car, or do you know a dealer who does it yet? Seems like the time is close for that.

It's just a matter of time till Camaros are discounted like the rest of the Chevy line, including all Corvettes except the ZR-1. I really want a new car within a year, but I am a cheap ba$tar& and will order my Camaro from the dealer who gives me the best deal- don't care about the coffee or how nice the salesman is.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
socalicrusin
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberfan View Post
It's hard to tell from the threads about "MSRP and below" dealers and "What did you pay?" whether dealers are giving any discounts yet or not. I get the impression they are not, or very few are.

I do know that if you pay more than MSRP right now, you are not a smart shopper as plenty of dealers are selling Camaros for that. The dealer I take my Corvette to for service here in Atlanta (Day's Chevrolet) is selling them all day long at MSRP when you special order a car from them. But the cars they get in are all sold, so they don't have any in the showroom. Some other dealers have cars in the showroom that they mark up over MSRP to people who are willing to get gouged to have a Camaro right now.

So, any dealers or salesmen who post on Camaro5 giving any discounts? Did you get a discount from MSRP for your car, or do you know a dealer who does it yet? Seems like the time is close for that.

It's just a matter of time till Camaros are discounted like the rest of the Chevy line, including all Corvettes except the ZR-1. I really want a new car within a year, but I am a cheap ba$tar& and will order my Camaro from the dealer who gives me the best deal- don't care about the coffee or how nice the salesman is.
Hey bud,
The only thing that sucks is that you are in Hotlanta (I love your town btw) becasue there is a dealer here in California that has a Cyber Gray 2SS on his lot and is willing to let it go for GMS (employee pricing) right now that's below MSRP! I ordered mine in a diff color and was still able to get GMS pricing...I guess it's a crap shoot when you walk into a dealer...or just remember buyer beware!!
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
Nukem287
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 48
I was able to use the GM recent college grad discount which put me about $1000 below MSRP. Not all dealers would take it though, took awhile to find one who would but MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH had no problem taking it and luckily they had allocation the week after I ordered
Nukem287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Cyberfan
 
Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem287 View Post
I was able to use the GM recent college grad discount which put me about $1000 below MSRP. Not all dealers would take it though, took awhile to find one who would but MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH had no problem taking it and luckily they had allocation the week after I ordered
WOW! What a coincidence- that is where I ordered my Corvette- they offered the lowest price and we had the car shipped to my local Atlanta area dealer (Day's Chevrolet) from the Kentucky Corvette plant.

I have an e-mail into them tonight.

(I promise I don't work for them and I don't take kickbacks from them!!!)
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,806
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Lot of dealers do - you just have to look. At most you'll have to wait.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Cyberfan
 
Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 195
So far McMaulkin is at MSRP, but will honor Supplier and GM employee discounts (not me). To make it worthwhile to order out of state, that dealer has to beat the local dealer's price by enough to make it worth it, since local dealers charge several hundred dollars to take delivery on somebody else's order (and not all dealers will agree to do it).

Maybe it's too early for regular discounts on Camaros, but if so, the time ain't far off I think! It took over a year after the 505 horse Z-06 Vette was introduced till they started really dealing on them, but now only idiots pay MSRP for one.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Still Waiting
 
Drives: 2006 Grand Cherokee 4x4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KY
Posts: 16
My local dealer told me that I could get the supplier discount. That was back in October when I placed the order, with a deposit! It's almost August and the car has not been built yet. If you are willing to wait, you can get the discount but I would suggest going to a dealer that has a higher allocation than the one I went to.
Still Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Cyberfan
 
Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Waiting View Post
My local dealer told me that I could get the supplier discount. That was back in October when I placed the order, with a deposit! It's almost August and the car has not been built yet. If you are willing to wait, you can get the discount but I would suggest going to a dealer that has a higher allocation than the one I went to.
How does that discount work and how much is it?
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRP or below, Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1313 03-02-2014 09:39 PM
* * * Dealers who HONOR the GM Discounts * * * CamaroScotty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 132 09-02-2009 07:44 PM
"7 ways dealers make you pay extra" MajorTom Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 37 06-10-2009 07:42 AM
My Dealer says Your Dealers are all ripping you off! Captain Awesome Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 59 06-08-2009 10:44 AM
FbodFather help? what about the orders dealers took that exceeded their guide number? NightmareSS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 24 05-13-2009 02:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.