Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
Gabe
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/'65 Malibu SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Killa' Cali
Posts: 185
SO do you always have to get a HP MAP when changing out the CAI? Does getting a new HP MAP affect anything as far as warranty? Will the dealer notice this when in for service? Wonder if GMPP has aftermarket HP MAP?
__________________
NMCVBC - CGM 2SS/RS/BLK/A6
(original order date): 06/27/09
3000 (accepted to production): 08/17/2009 TPW
3300 (scheduled for prod): 08/17/09
3400 (broadcast): 08/18/09
3800 (produced): 08/22/09 A9138699
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
5000 (at dealer): 09/04/09
6000 (del to cus): 09/04/09
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Here's an idea. Since you're only an hour's drive from New Era, how about taking it to them so they can experience this first-hand themselves?
I did the first time I had a problem. Mike was very helpful and discovered a problem with the way the MAF was seated in the opening due to a screw hole not tapped deep enough. We tried his intake from his test car and it seemed to work o.k. He ordered me a new kit which I installed on Sunday but still having the same problem although not as severe as the first. I called New Era today and I am waiting for a call back from Mike. I saw that you had the same problem so we can work together with New Era to resolve. At least I know I'm not alone. I'll let you know what he says when I talk to him today. Again, in keeping with the theme of this thread, New Era and their products seem to be top shelf. Mike is very interested in resolving this problem with me. It's tough to get in to their shop as I'm on the road a lot for work and they're not open on Saturdays.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #17
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
SO do you always have to get a HP MAP when changing out the CAI? Does getting a new HP MAP affect anything as far as warranty? Will the dealer notice this when in for service? Wonder if GMPP has aftermarket HP MAP?
From what I've been told you shouldn't have to!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #18
WySS
 
WySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo01545 View Post
I have put 500 miles on the car with this intake and I am thrilled with the performance. Please note that I did NOT install the stock MAF, but installed and aftermarket HP MAP. This car screams!!!! Runs very very smooth! It also looks fantastic and blows everyone away when I pop the hood.
Who is your engine cover from?
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
Miketebo22
Iceman
 
Miketebo22's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rapid City SD
Posts: 557
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
this thread kind of worries me! i dont have my car yet (should be any day) but i have the New Era CAI sitting on my living room floor in the box...i wasnt expecting to have to also buy a MAF sensor after buying a $500 CAI...
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9120908
Miketebo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #20
pharmd
Master of Medicine
 
pharmd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW GTI, 2007 TBSS, 2002 Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morehead, Kentucky
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketebo22 View Post
this thread kind of worries me! i dont have my car yet (should be any day) but i have the New Era CAI sitting on my living room floor in the box...i wasnt expecting to have to also buy a MAF sensor after buying a $500 CAI...
I really don't think this is a MAF issue...when the above poster see's Mike again I'm sure he will take care of him, then he can post about the fix. We will be installing one of these locally on a car and I'll get feedback from him as well. Stick with the stock MAF until further notice, in the past I have seen a lot of mildly modified cars/trucks get into trouble by going with a larger/aftermarket MAF. The tunability issues seem to be a real problem, it is tough getting the drivability to match stock with these units...this may be a result of quality issues with "some" aftermarket MAF's as well.
__________________
pharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
Miketebo22
Iceman
 
Miketebo22's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rapid City SD
Posts: 557
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
ok ill stick with it. i guess if i have any problems, this is the place i will come looking for advice
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9120908
Miketebo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #22
fldrummer
"Black Ace"
 
fldrummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,255
I put my stock airbox back on for some warranty work this past week (just a precaution), but might put the intake back on Friday and see if I feel a difference, once again. I really do like the design of this product and hope it will work out. Unfortunately, getting to a track is a PITA for me, which is what Mike suggested I do to get some real proof of this thing doing its job.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #23
Thunderbuda
 
Drives: 1968 Cutlass Conv.
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derby, KS
Posts: 10
After your guys installed the New Era CAI did you have any issues with your engine light?
Thunderbuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #24
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member
 
Daddyo01545's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbuda View Post
After your guys installed the New Era CAI did you have any issues with your engine light?
No, never.
Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #25
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member
 
Daddyo01545's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
I put my stock airbox back on for some warranty work this past week (just a precaution), but might put the intake back on Friday and see if I feel a difference, once again. I really do like the design of this product and hope it will work out. Unfortunately, getting to a track is a PITA for me, which is what Mike suggested I do to get some real proof of this thing doing its job.
I took my car to a pro shop for tuning and they were impressed with the temps when driving the car (they actually drive and tune as well as Dyno tune). I could see on the computer while we were driving the temps of the air going down - awesome. They were however concerned about the short distance of the intake and the placement of the MAF, not a big concern nothing that can't be tuned to compensate. All in all I think even my tuner was impressed with the New Era CAI.
Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #26
Daddyo01545
New England C5 Member
 
Daddyo01545's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provie @ New Era View Post
Glad to hear! Keep us updated with the progress on your Camaro and let us know if you ever need anything else!

- Provie
Here are some suggestions to a version 2 of this most excellent intake. Can you make the filter intake area bigger to extend to the farthest points atop the radiator? Why, so that you can make the tube longer and snake further to the right? What happens at higher RPM's is that the intake tube is too short for the MAF to pick up the air readings consistently. Not a big problem at all - who really ever drives their car in the 5500 RPM range - rare and only during racing. So, this suggestion is just tweek to increase performance. I am happy with the current design, just thought I would throw my two cents in after doing about 7 Dyno's and really checking out the performance of the the Intake.
Daddyo01545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #27
Miketebo22
Iceman
 
Miketebo22's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD #20,908 SS waiting for ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rapid City SD
Posts: 557
Send a message via MSN to Miketebo22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo01545 View Post
Here are some suggestions to a version 2 of this most excellent intake. Can you make the filter intake area bigger to extend to the farthest points atop the radiator? Why, so that you can make the tube longer and snake further to the right? What happens at higher RPM's is that the intake tube is too short for the MAF to pick up the air readings consistently. Not a big problem at all - who really ever drives their car in the 5500 RPM range - rare and only during racing. So, this suggestion is just tweek to increase performance. I am happy with the current design, just thought I would throw my two cents in after doing about 7 Dyno's and really checking out the performance of the the Intake.
I have this intake and regularly drive mine and shift at that high of an RPM...i have noticed the rough-idling thing after it was installed...and it has me a bit worried
__________________
2G1FT1EW8A9120908
Miketebo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
9c1ny
 
9c1ny's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketebo22 View Post
I have this intake and regularly drive mine and shift at that high of an RPM...i have noticed the rough-idling thing after it was installed...and it has me a bit worried

mines fine

it has a very slight surge (maybe 50rpms up or down) at idle but absolutely no driveability issues
__________________
9c1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hawk Performance Brake Pad "Updated" KILLER74Z28 Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 34 05-04-2016 11:11 AM
Introductory New Era OTR Intake SALE! SMGSS V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 163 10-09-2009 08:45 AM
Free Shipping on ARH Systems at New Era Performance!!! SMGSS V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 07-09-2009 01:06 PM
American Racing Headers and New era OTR Intake Videos 2010 CAMARO SS RS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 33 07-07-2009 06:55 PM
LS3 goes 11`s Bonestock! GMRULZ Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 28 12-08-2008 09:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.