Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
LS3,

You have a Bis @ss cam and you're worried about noise??

Look, get the full Pedders bushings Kit from JDP and be done with it. You will not be sorry.

If I knew you were looking for a toe rod I could have helped you out.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
ADM Performance has a solid bushing as well. It hasn't been around as much but looks to be a nice piece and priced decently. Just an option to look into. He quoted me the full cradle bushing plus upper control arm bushings installed for about the price of a set of Pfadt full bushing.
http://www.admperformance.com/produc...63&product=258

Although inserts are a much easier install, if I were at your power level I would step up to the full bush. Just go ahead and get it done right the first time. I've been using Pedders cradle inserts for a couple years now and they've worked just fine for me but I'm only at about 415 rwhp.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Yeah at more then 450 hp do full pedders or Whiteline bushing.
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
ADM Performance has a solid bushing as well. It hasn't been around as much but looks to be a nice piece and priced decently. Just an option to look into. He quoted me the full cradle bushing plus upper control arm bushings installed for about the price of a set of Pfadt full bushing.
http://www.admperformance.com/produc...63&product=258

Although inserts are a much easier install, if I were at your power level I would step up to the full bush. Just go ahead and get it done right the first time. I've been using Pedders cradle inserts for a couple years now and they've worked just fine for me but I'm only at about 415 rwhp.
But the Pfadt's are orange...

Mods:
Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels, DIY Flowtie

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Spohn Trailing arms with del-sphere ends & BMR outer bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts and steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways & endlinks, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #30
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
I know the adm billet subframe bushings are high quality and precision machined. They are also have a black anodized finish. The adm website pics are just the reference pics. I have these with the rear upper arm carbon fiber composite mounts. Many guys in dfw that frequently visit adm performance seem to all upgrade to these. Many local drag racers i run with all have these in there cars and love them. Keeps rear end solid and keeps wheels straight under acceleration. I have seen the rear wheels flex forward on the dyno with high horsepower cars. About 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. That puts a bad toe in and puts a severe bind on your car during acceleration. The combination of the two really keep it straight. If you already have some arms you will have a killer setup. Straight launches and no wheelhop.
Attached Images

smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #31
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
LS3,

You have a Bis @ss cam and you're worried about noise??

Look, get the full Pedders bushings Kit from JDP and be done with it. You will not be sorry.

If I knew you were looking for a toe rod I could have helped you out.

T.

Damn, I wish I had known! lol my Cam actually isn't big, it's a little on the smaller side, it's the Heads that got me close to 500rwhp But I get your point!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokum View Post
I know the adm billet subframe bushings are high quality and precision machined. They are also have a black anodized finish. The adm website pics are just the reference pics. I have these with the rear upper arm carbon fiber composite mounts. Many guys in dfw that frequently visit adm performance seem to all upgrade to these. Many local drag racers i run with all have these in there cars and love them. Keeps rear end solid and keeps wheels straight under acceleration. I have seen the rear wheels flex forward on the dyno with high horsepower cars. About 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. That puts a bad toe in and puts a severe bind on your car during acceleration. The combination of the two really keep it straight. If you already have some arms you will have a killer setup. Straight launches and no wheelhop.
Yep!!! I will probably have these on my car someday. Just juggling where my mod money goes.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I would go with the solid subframe bushing sets. This will allow no movement at the anchor point, unlike polyurethane that still moves and delrin that has a limited life. Remember every single IRS Corvette that GM produced has solid anchor points for the cradle front and rear.

Pfadt Solid Subframe bushings in action with a ton of other Pfadt suspension pieces and Pfadt Race Engineering 4-1 2" Primary LT Headers
Attached Images

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #34
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
What is the difference in the install of the full bush vs inserts?
Old 11-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
What is the difference in the install of the full bush vs inserts?
Inserts you just drop into the OEM bushings, install takes however long it takes you to drop the cradle.

Full inserts you have to drop the cradle and then drill out the OEM bushings.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Inserts you just drop into the OEM bushings, install takes however long it takes you to drop the cradle.

Full inserts you have to drop the cradle and then drill out the OEM bushings.
Thanks for the claification, sounds like the full bushes are the way to go, long as you have the cradle down might as well go the rest of the way. Especially when the 1le permagrin package comes with them.

On my list of mods.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Thanks for the claification, sounds like the full bushes are the way to go, long as you have the cradle down might as well go the rest of the way. Especially when the 1le permagrin package comes with them.

On my list of mods.
They cost twice as much also then inserts but are worth it if hp is alot. For auto x at stock hp levels inserts work fine, you have to be able to tell if one or the other got you .100 better. I sure couldnt!
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #38
Bo White
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Doing cradle bushings is easy, just takes a little time. Its easy people. I done it on jack stands in the driveway with one jack.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I was able to install the cradle inserts without even fully dropping the cradle, and that was with jackstands in the garage. There's no way I'd have been able to keep the cradle attached for the full bushings...

Mods:
Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels, DIY Flowtie

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Spohn Trailing arms with del-sphere ends & BMR outer bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts and steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways & endlinks, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #40
Bo White
Account Suspended

I didn't fully drop mine either for the full bushings. One jack, a Lowes propane torch and hand tools.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #41
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
If it's worth anything, go with the full sub-frame bushings. The price of the bushings is pricey, but at the end of the day, it's well worth it and you don't want to end up doing the job twice if you end up doing it down the road. I just did mine a few days ago and following the Pfadt directions with a few differences, it took a little more than 4-5 hours. Besides doing it on the ground I cut the inner metal bushings and beat the hell out of them until they came out. Not saying a torch and jack won't do the job, but I didn't research any other way of doing it.

For myself, I removed the exhaust, disconnected the driveshaft, disconnected the strut from the control arm, pulled the four 24mm bolts that hold the cradle up and everything dropped. Dropping the cradle and getting the bushings out are the worst part of doing the job. After that putting it all back together takes less than half the time of getting it out. It would also be a good time to do anything else you need to do while it's down.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #42
Bo White
Account Suspended

I didn't undo the drive shaft.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #43
Chris82xx

I have a one piece driveshaft, so I had no choice. I also took our the entire cradle for more room.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #44
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
What would you all recommend for a v6? I was leaning towards inserts.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #45
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
What would you all recommend for a v6? I was leaning towards inserts.
You could go that route, but as others have stated, if you already went through the trouble of dropping the cradle, you might as well go all the way.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #46
Chris82xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
You could go that route, but as others have stated, if you already went through the trouble of dropping the cradle, you might as well go all the way.
True, this is the second time I dropped the cradle. Doing it the second time sucked just as much as the first. The only difference is, the second time I knew how to approach it.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #47
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
True, just wasn't sure if getting the actual bushings would be a waste since I am not putting out that much power to the wheels.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #48
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Aluminum subframe bushings ok on the street? Will they wear out at all?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #49
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Aluminum subframe bushings ok on the street? Will they wear out at all?
Fine. Nope.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #50
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
True, just wasn't sure if getting the actual bushings would be a waste since I am not putting out that much power to the wheels.
Pedder's inserts are a great improvement on the V6 kj- both before and after I went IPF.

They really unify the rearend with the rest of the car and are a much easier install than the full bushing, IMHO. They are all you need and definitely worth the trouble.
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote