Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Mdejes3
 
Mdejes3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR SS Vert w/ CGM stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long island, New York
Posts: 215
has this company successfully added mylink to older models?

I need opinions on this company that has apparently successfully installed a 2013 mylink navigation in model years 2010-13. please let me know if you have dealt with this company or if this is something that I can take seriously. i contacted them and they gave me a price on a unit for my 2012 model with navigation of 1899 plus shipping and they assured me it would fit perfectly and function as it supposed to. autospatech.com heres the youtube link they posted.
__________________
Mdejes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdejes3 View Post
I need opinions on this company that has apparently successfully installed a 2013 mylink navigation in model years 2010-13. please let me know if you have dealt with this company or if this is something that I can take seriously. i contacted them and they gave me a price on a unit for my 2012 model with navigation of 1899 plus shipping and they assured me it would fit perfectly and function as it supposed to. autospatech.com heres the youtube link they posted.
It's a non-Nav MyLink though.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Mdejes3
 
Mdejes3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR SS Vert w/ CGM stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long island, New York
Posts: 215
ik the one they made a video of isnt with navigation but they said they offer the navigation unit
__________________
Mdejes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
DWALEX
 
DWALEX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: liberal, KS
Posts: 445
I can not give an opinion about this company, but video is far from an installation with navigation, but
__________________
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER HAD...THEN YOU'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER DONE.
DWALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWALEX View Post
I can not give an opinion about this company, but video is far from an installation with navigation, but
Why can't you give an opinion of the company?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
DWALEX
 
DWALEX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: liberal, KS
Posts: 445
I can not comment without knowing the company
__________________
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER HAD...THEN YOU'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER DONE.
DWALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Goo

 
Goo's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayman S
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 965
A lot of money... and how do they address the door locks for 10-11?
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
Eich
 
Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
A lot of money... and how do they address the door locks for 10-11?
I don't think they do. But IMO, it doesn't matter all that much. If you need to unlock a door while the car is running, a double pull of the door handle takes care of it. I don't find myself using the unlock button all that often.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I don't think they do. But IMO, it doesn't matter all that much. If you need to unlock a door while the car is running, a double pull of the door handle takes care of it. I don't find myself using the unlock button all that often.
How do you let someone in the passenger door when you're in the driver's seat? Us manual guys have to use the unlock button.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Goo

 
Goo's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayman S
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
How do you let someone in the passenger door when you're in the driver's seat? Us manual guys have to use the unlock button.
Agreed. For $1k less I'm liking that other option... just not that high on my list.
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #11
Eich
 
Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
How do you let someone in the passenger door when you're in the driver's seat? Us manual guys have to use the unlock button.
Good point. You could do it via the Key FOB, though that's not ideal.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.