Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Drives: 1SS/RS Not soon enough
Anyone order in Del Rio, TX ?

I ordered mine at the end of May when I saw a 2ss inferno orange with black rally stripes sitting at Brown Chevrolet. I was just stopping to look at it when a salesman came out and i started inquiring on the cars. I found out the price and i immediately ordered one. They said i have to wait 5 to 8 months and i would get the 1ss/rs at msrp. I know there are a few in town already and i'm hoping some of you are members of camaro5 and will reply so i can congradulate and hopefully get some questions answered about Brown. Whats funny is the owner of the orange 2ss that made me stop ends up being a buddy of a buddy. i've only lived in del rio 2 yrs and i know its a small town but its kind of funny.
SSGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
GS78

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Cyber Gray
I ordered my Cyber-Gray 2SS from Brown in Del Rio, TX. It has been the worst car buying experience ever. I ordered in January and has not moved from 1100. I cancelled and bought somewhere else. Plus, whenever I would call asking about the order they would usually tell me I don't know and seemed like if I was bothering them. Even though they had my $5000.00 deposit!!! Also, I would call and leave a message and they would rarely return my call. My sister-in-law also inquired about ordering one and Hilda told her a bunch of lies that when I confronted her, her exact words were "my words are not set in stone." A buddy of mine that ordered one in May also cancelled because of the kind of customer service that I was getting. Good luck if you decided to stay with that dealer.
GS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Who did you end up ordering from after you cancelled at Brown and have you moved from 1100 since?? If mine doesn't move from 1100 by mid August i'm probably going to go elsewhere. Thanks for your post, its helpful and im sorry to hear about your experience at Brown. Sucks that my order is still with them.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
GS78

I found one like the one I had ordered from Brown 2SS/RS CGM M6, sunroof, in Monument Chevrolet in Pasadena, TX. The only thing that it was 2,000 over but I got the GM CC discount of 1,000 so I ended up paying 1 over msrp. I figured what the hell, at this point I just didn't want to give my money to Brown. The only good thing I can say about Brown is that they refunded my money the same day, but those cowards didn't even approach me to apologize or anything. They must have been tied up in their important "meetings." Anyway, I was going to place an order with Classic in Sugarland, I believe they still have allocations left. From what I've read, they average about 10-12 weeks for delivery and sell at msrp.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Thats a good deal, glad you got what you were wanting. 1k over msrp aint bad at all, good deal man. Thanks again for the info. I'll keep Classic in mind next month. 10 to 12 weeks isn't a long wait at all! How you enjoying your car, i bet its a blast!! Congrats
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
GS78

Thanks. The car is awesome!! Runs real good. The only problem is I'm about to shift it to 4th gear and what do you know, there's another freakin stop sign or light. I guess that's the downside of living in a smaller town. I'll try and post some pics if I can figure it out after I wash it again this weekend. Thanks again and hopefully Brown will come through for you. I don't know where you stood in line but I was #2 and my buddy that cancelled I think was #4, so maybe they'll figure out they're doing something wrong and speed up their orders.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Yeah small towns suck! haha. Im pretty sure they told me im # 2 now. But who knows .. well they do, but thats what they said anyhow. You going to make any mods on it, did you get stripes, if so, what color?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
GS78

I didn't get the stripes but was thinking of getting some black ones down the road. As far as mods, I probably won't mess with it for a while, maybe cold air intake but who knows, maybe I'll see something I like later on.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Thats cool, you haven't thought about exhaust? you pretty happy with what it came with?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
GS78

Sorry it took so long, been kind of busy. After looking around I'll probably change the exhaust but for now it's alright. Let me know how it goes with Brown.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
SSGone
Caaan't Waaiitt!

Will do, there are many to choose from that i've heard. I think the one that stood out to me the most was one from Corsa, but pretty pricey.