Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
wayneworld

Drives: Gmc Denali /2SS IOM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to wayneworld
Arrow Zainos Directions

I just bought and recieved their products. I just tried to read their directions.. My question is do I have to do all this stuff step by step word for word. This wax job will take all day and then the next day two. everyone that is useing this product are you doing this everything? I mean the paint is new do we have to do all this? Please help, Thanks...
wayneworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
The time required depends on what steps you'll be doing, as well as the conditions you're working in.

The biggest factor IMO, is the drying time required for the polish. If you're doing it in a warm climate, fairly low humidity, and using ZFX, this will speed the drying process.

Are you claying? How many coats do you want to apply?

Don't let the instructions deter you. Its a very easy product to use. You can do a "quick detail" in half a day. But I'd recommend setting aside a day to "do it right".

Any questions, just let me know.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
First time using zaino. Tested it on my dad's car because I think mine is more important . Very easy to use. It does take some time but as stated, it's mostly the time it takes to dry. Did a dawn wash, car wash, clay bar, gloss enhancer, z-2 and z-6 (i think those are right) and it took about half a day. Here's some pics. They were taken before I wiped down after the last wax.

http://tinypic.com/r/2igby0x/3

http://tinypic.com/r/34y5pbq/3

http://tinypic.com/r/eq9dw5/3

edit: pics arent showing up...help me mod? :]

Last edited by H3LLJumper; 07-19-2009 at 11:56 PM.
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote