Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #18
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
People are interpreting facts to support their own conclusions.
Our government does that everyday. Why shouldn't we?
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #19
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster
 
angryv6's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 895
Yes turn this into another 13 vs 14 thread, who cares? Is it hard to believe there will be leftover when a manufacturer is popping out a new model with different tweets every year? shocker!
__________________
Everything I say is to be taken as an opinion and not fact so don't get upset over words that spill out of my head.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #20
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 466
Camaro sales are up 14%, must be a decline due to the fact that I hate the 2014 Camaro......
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Man, the Challenger has really rallied since 2009.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
LAWMAN

 
LAWMAN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasc.Ms.
Posts: 841
Well the 2015 mustang doesn't look that good,and looks like ford took some of the styling cues from the Camaro,like the 1/4 pnl.area and the roof,
__________________
A9120159
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
How do the 13's no longer influence this? there are still plenty of them on lots and being sold.
Hard to tell, my dealer still had 15 13 model year Camaros and only 4 14 model years two weeks ago. I will go back and see how many 13's he still has.
I just checked their inventory and now they have 14 13 models and 9 14 models. Looks like they only sold 1 13 in the last two weeks. I can't tell how many 14's they sold since those are always coming in now.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
Red Chief
 
Drives: 2012 v6 Black
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cape Girardeau
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
Well the 2015 mustang doesn't look that good,and looks like ford took some of the styling cues from the Camaro,like the 1/4 pnl.area and the roof,
It looks like a cross between a Fusion and a Altima.

Or a woman who spends too much time in the weight room.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
RubberChicken
 
RubberChicken's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 314
Hold on... so from what I understand, there is a difference between "deliveries" and "sales"? The deliveries graphs show Mustang ahead month over month, but the first sales chart shows on average Camaro ahead of Mustang. What's the difference? Are deliveries the number of cars going to dealers while sales = customers?
__________________
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #26
Enator
 
Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
Hold on... so from what I understand, there is a difference between "deliveries" and "sales"? The deliveries graphs show Mustang ahead month over month, but the first sales chart shows on average Camaro ahead of Mustang. What's the difference? Are deliveries the number of cars going to dealers while sales = customers?

Camaro: YTD 75552/11= 6868 average per month 2013
Mustang:YTD 71459/11= 6496 average per month 2013
No matter how many months Mustang has been ahead of Camaro. It is enough Camaro sales one month is ahead of Mustang with big gap.
Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #27
Matt Rogers
 
Matt Rogers's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think after Dec. 5th, we'll start seeing a slight uptick in volume for Camaros.

Funny you say that! I just traded in my '13 v6 for a '14 2SS/RS on Dec. 5th . The dealership only had 2 or 3 '14 models, but all of them were higher-end fully loaded SS's.

If you don't like the refresh, it's your loss. I get so many thumbs up, I think the public loves it. I didn't get nearly the response with the '13 but it wasn't loud with the Dual Mode V8 exhaust either.

Anyway, they seemed to REALLY want my '13 and said they are flying off the lot used at $21k-$22k (I paid $25k and they gave me $20k for the trade in after only 11 months of ownership).
Matt Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #28
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 466
Since you mentioned used prices I think it is funny this resale value thing as it is a double edged sword.

My friend is complaining that the resale value on the 5th generation Camaro is too high as used ones are still not in his price range. They got use to low resale value and was hoping that he could soon get a 5th Generation V-6 Camaro for less then $10,000. I did a search in my area and found a used 2010 LT Camaro with 52,000 miles on it for $18,000 still. This is a car that is in its 5th model year and values are still holding really strong, I believe LT Camaros were something like $26,000 new in 2010 (maybe $25,000). That would mean that with 52,000 miles this car has only lost $8,000 in value over a 5 year period. In other worfds after 5 years this car has retained 70% of its value......
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
HeavyIOM
 
HeavyIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
Since you mentioned used prices I think it is funny this resale value thing as it is a double edged sword.

My friend is complaining that the resale value on the 5th generation Camaro is too high as used ones are still not in his price range. They got use to low resale value and was hoping that he could soon get a 5th Generation V-6 Camaro for less then $10,000. I did a search in my area and found a used 2010 LT Camaro with 52,000 miles on it for $18,000 still. This is a car that is in its 5th model year and values are still holding really strong, I believe LT Camaros were something like $26,000 new in 2010 (maybe $25,000). That would mean that with 52,000 miles this car has only lost $8,000 in value over a 5 year period. In other worfds after 5 years this car has retained 70% of its value......
Its not so much Camaro thats retaiing its value its pretty much all used cars that are around 05 and up are maintaining a higher value than you would think. I see a lot of slightly used cars siting on lots next to new ones the exact same modle that will sell for cheaper with rebates than the used car.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Its not so much Camaro thats retaiing its value its pretty much all used cars that are around 05 and up are maintaining a higher value than you would think. I see a lot of slightly used cars siting on lots next to new ones the exact same modle that will sell for cheaper with rebates than the used car.
Not trying to be political, but I think the high used prices are due to the "Cash for Clunkers" program AND GM working to make sure the vehicles have a high residual value. High residual value means better leasing rates. You won't see GM "dumping" new cars to the fleet companies at heavy discounts just to get them sold like they did in the 90's.
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
It seems Ford wants to chase more females with the new car. Right now women are 26% of Mustang buyers this year, about flat for the past five years. It's 32% for rival Camaro, 27% for Dodge Challenge. Who knew?!?
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #32
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Its not so much Camaro thats retaiing its value its pretty much all used cars that are around 05 and up are maintaining a higher value than you would think. I see a lot of slightly used cars siting on lots next to new ones the exact same modle that will sell for cheaper with rebates than the used car.
It is true that used cars have been holding their values stronger lately, however resale value is relative. Compare the Gen 5 resale value to the Mustangs for example and you can see what I am talking about. There are many factors involved in a vehicles resale value, one comes down to incentives.... all of those people who were able to get a killer deal on a Mustang hurts the resale value. A higher percentage of fleet sales can be an indicator of lower demand new which often carries over to the used car market.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #33
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Not trying to be political, but I think the high used prices are due to the "Cash for Clunkers" program AND GM working to make sure the vehicles have a high residual value. High residual value means better leasing rates. You won't see GM "dumping" new cars to the fleet companies at heavy discounts just to get them sold like they did in the 90's.
Higher value for used cars in the short term around cash for clunkers yea you can give credit to that program. However long term it probably has more to do with an economy that is still weak and higher demand then normal for used cars at lower prices.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #34
dgriddick
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vriginia Beach
Posts: 338
These figures do not surprise me.. The slanted nose looks like an IROC 88 and most enthusiast are responding to GMs change to something too radical. the 2010-2013 looks closer to a true muscle car..

Just my two cents.. lets see if they continue to drop as the GM rocket scientist continue on this Euro path to slopped noses and loss sales..
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.