Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS (6-speed manual V6)
Best tuning option for the LLT

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Obviously this is a loaded question. So if I have primarily bolt ons, no FI what would you say is the best option? I've heard of so many its mind-numbing. HPtuners, trifecta, hypertech, "dyno tune", etc. What would you say is the best option? I'm not very savvy myself mechanically so im worried about doing it myself but the hypertech seems pretty straight forward? I (for better or worse... spare me flamers) like the trifecta ghost cam sound. not sure how good it would be drivability-wise. Heard people say it stalls their car from time to time. Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone offer the trifecta tune? Anyway... just looking for thoughts on the idea of tuning. Considering price/effectiveness/ease.
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:47 AM   #2
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
I have the Trifecta Tune. I've noticed "faster shift points" in Sport Mode. The Ghost Cam is another cool function. My car has stalled twice, and both times when I came to a stop.
Most people believe in Karma. I personally don't. When you have a Registered Offender with multiple felonies winning the lottery, that is just one small reason out of many why I believe Karma is nothing more then a man-made creation of pure 100% BS. - Stalin died of natural causes. Children born into poverty. Just to name a few!
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
gutterball

Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
HPtuners has debugged enough of the Bousch CPU so that a good tuner can do the LLT engine, but if you can't find a good tuner, I'd go with the IPF tune.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
I've had Trifecta for three years, no problems.
GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and Side Grills
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #5
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
I wouldn't disregard the Hypertech handheld. It is very versatile and can correct for gearing or tire size changes as well provide an improved tune to the engine and automatic transmissions (or just raising the redline for the manual trans). While also allowing an easy and quick "return to stock" option.
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I hate to sound like I'm knocking Trifecta....that's not my intention. But in my case I didn't feel much in the way of gains with their tune. I chalked it up as "well...I'm sure its making more power, but I just can't feel the difference b/c in the grand scheme...its small". Well then I eventually returned back to stock tune b/c I thought the car wasn't running 100%. The car felt as good, or better than with the tune.

Months later I went with IPF. Now there's a tune you can feel. Instantly noticed better throttle response and low end power, without robbing anything from the top end either. I recommend IPF, and if you can find someone local that has an IPF tuner module, you can simply pay for the tune instead of the module and save yourself 150 - 200 bucks.

Otherwise, if you know a good local tuner, that you have confidence can tune your car with HP tuner, then you could consider that.

I will give Hypertech a shout out. They don't claim the same kinds of power gains as the others, but those that had it (very few) seemed to like it.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:17 PM   #7
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I wouldn't disregard the Hypertech handheld. It is very versatile and can correct for gearing or tire size changes as well provide an improved tune to the engine and automatic transmissions (or just raising the redline for the manual trans). While also allowing an easy and quick "return to stock" option.
Agree! I'm currently running the Hypertech tune.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:17 AM   #8
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro 3.6 RS, 07 Tiburon, 03 Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I agree, it may not be the best or most aggressive tune out there, it is super easy to use, I can do it all by myself. I don't need to rely on emailing files back and forth- I also don't have a PC laptop which is needed for many tuners out there to install the software. It also had all the options I needed all while costing less than others out there. I have tuned my car for the CAI and fuel I use and have adjusted the shifting firmness and timing to suit my style of driving. I have been really happy with my car after the Hypertech tune so far.

Last edited by rocknroll_jeph; 01-28-2015 at 12:32 AM.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #9
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
IPF is great for that low end gain and response, while IMHO trifecta is only worth the e85 tune and ghost cam nothing more
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:26 AM   #10
sappy

Drives: white 2011 1lt
ipf pretty much takes it in my opinion
Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #11
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I am pleased with my HP dyno tune and hoping for even more improvements as it moves out of Beta testing.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
IPF is great for that low end gain and response, while IMHO trifecta is only worth the e85 tune and ghost cam nothing more
Your PM box is full, PM me I got a deal for you lol
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #13
Ludasmith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I'd toss HP Tuners out the window unless you really want to sit down and learn how to tune.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #14
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Why does he have to do it himself? Lots of good tuners out there.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #15
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS (6-speed manual V6)
Sounds like IPF is the way to go, can someone post a link to where I can get one?
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #16
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2014 1LT A6 RS Bright Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
Sounds like IPF is the way to go, can someone post a link to where I can get one?

IPF is based out of Scottsdale AZ. You're in Peoria. You should be a hop, skip and a jump away from their corporate headquarters.
pinoyscorpion951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 AM   #17
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
HP Tuners all the way
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:02 AM   #18
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
We use HP Tuners

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning
Follow us on INSTAGRAM #TAMPATUNING
www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Tuner Tampa Orlando Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote