Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 07-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #276
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numchuk View Post
Yes please excuse this noob haha so pretty much there's no way then huh?
Well a guy can dream right? :p
Sorry, it's a matter of physics... missing 2 cylinders and the different firing orders, etc.

that being said you can still make your V6 sound great with one of the systems listed in this thread! You just need to figure out which system works best for you!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #277
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yeah I don't understand the desire to try and make a 6 sound like an 8. If i feel the need to hear a V8 I go hop in my truck and drive it around. The V6 sounds very different and personally I dig it. My particular set up just might fool the average ear into thinking it's a V8 at idle or anything below 2k rpm but above that it is most definitely V6 loud and proud. I'm running LT's, HFC's, CAI and a full cat back system. LT's will give you that rumble down low but at some point during the rest of your rev range you'll get some rasp depending on the other pieces in your setup.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #278
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Numchuk...sorry but you'll never make a V6 sound like that. As SIXJAK has said, you can make em so that the average person would probably mistake it for a V8 at idle and lower RPMs, but once you get on it the V6 scream will always come through.

The two in my sticky thread I think of first off that sound most like the V8 video you posted are:

and this car:

There are many others that sound really great though as well. The ones above would probably be a bit much for me.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #279
KMPrenger

-Stainless Works LT headers / Random Tech HFC's / SOLO Mach X LLT added to original post.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #280
karissimo

Drives: camaro 2010 2 Lt yellow
Question

Well having listened to and read I do not know too much what to choose what are the models of catback and axelback which not drone
Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #281
Spicoli

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Got my hands on a DynoMax VT axle back system. Did the install yesterday in about an hour. This thing sounds incredible. Here is video showing some of the different driving situations and how it sounds in the cab.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #282
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Got my hands on a DynoMax VT axle back system. Did the install yesterday in about an hour. This thing sounds incredible. Here is video showing some of the different driving situations and how it sounds in the cab.

I would like to hear it from behind and take off and drive by if you get a chance
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #283
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
...but once you get on it the V6 scream will always come through.
Hmm, ever since I've gotten my Vararam intake I have had so many people think my car is a v8 when I get on it. Check out my thread with links to videos with sounds.. my car is stock besides the intake and it sounds so damn good now!

Example of the Vararam sound

I have owned a few v8s and I'd say this sounds pretty damn close to one to me as well..
Infernoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #284
Spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSokie View Post
I would like to hear it from behind and take off and drive by if you get a chance
I'll work on those tonight.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #285
Spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSokie View Post
"Hear" you go.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #286
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Sounds good. Do you also have an intake or am i jes hearing things? If you're looking to keep it close to stock I think a pair of DT shorties would compliment your axlebacks nicely. Unless you want to put on a pair of long tubes. They're not for everyone.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #287
Spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Sounds good. Do you also have an intake or am i jes hearing things? If you're looking to keep it close to stock I think a pair of DT shorties would compliment your axlebacks nicely. Unless you want to put on a pair of long tubes. They're not for everyone.
No intake....yet. Saving up for a CAI, Inc. cai. Thanks for the tip on the shorties. Maybe down the road.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #288
KMPrenger

Sounds good Spicoli!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #289
Stevea361

Drives: 2011 v6 1LT
Hi,

Know this is probably covered somewhere but Couldn't find it on a search. Is there a axle back that you do not have to cut the stock pipes? Would rather just bolt without modifying anything too much.

Thanks
Stevea361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #290
Spicoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea361 View Post
Hi,

Know this is probably covered somewhere but Couldn't find it on a search. Is there a axle back that you do not have to cut the stock pipes? Would rather just bolt without modifying anything too much.

Thanks
On mine, the pipes were welded to the mufflers, so I needed to cut them. Really, cutting wasn't too hard. I did the whole install, on my back on the garage floor, in under an hour.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #291
Stevea361

Drives: 2011 v6 1LT
Question

Quote:
On mine, the pipes were welded to the mufflers, so I needed to cut them. Really, cutting wasn't too hard. I did the whole install, on my back on the garage floor, in under an hour.

Thanks Never really looked down there yet but was thinking i would want to be able to return to stock thought there was a natural joint that would come apart. "What was I thinking?"
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #292
RSokie

does anyone know of a corsa axle back exhaust?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #293
RSokie

Quote:
"Hear" you go.

Now that sounds great!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #294
iceman5

Drives: camaro LT1
I like my $350.00 dollar Flowmaster American Thunder.
iceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #295
CamaroAmy
Racy Lacy

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Vert
What kind of options are there now for a v6 convertible? I hate the stock sound. I want something that sounds better when I step on it but doesn't have a heavy drone in the car. If you guys could PM me just to make sure I have the info on hand that would be great! I don't mind if it is cat back or axle back! THANKS!
CamaroAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #296
CamaroAmy
Racy Lacy

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Vert
Quote:
"Hear" you go.

Sounds awesome!
CamaroAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #297
matt5462

Drives: 2010 2LT RS CAMARO
Send a message via Skype™ to matt5462
i liked the MBRP exhaust, very happy with it. If you have a body kit, make sure you get the square tips because the round tips don't fit very well and will overheat
Attached Images

Last edited by matt5462; 08-05-2011 at 09:48 PM.
matt5462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #298
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
2011 Camaro 1LT V6 Manual Transmission
BBK CAI
VMax Throttle Body
Solo Mach X-LLT cat-back

Pulling out from the driveway normal acceleration, revved to about 2500 rpm before shifting to 2nd.

The best thing about this exhaust (w/the j-pipes of course), is NO drone at all.
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #299
BLcamaro10

Drives: Black silver RS 10
It kills me

just one ????? with all the technology that we have WHY cant someone come up with v-6 exhaust without the WEEDEATER sound ???
BLcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #300
dethklok

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Black/Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLcamaro10 View Post
just one ????? with all the technology that we have WHY cant someone come up with v-6 exhaust without the WEEDEATER sound ???
My weedeater sounds nothing like this, guess I need to mod that as well.

dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote