Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 AM   #26
steddy2112

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
Sounded like it had turbo. Made that sound when he was shifting. Didn't seem to have the whine while moving. Look, I know nothing about Cobalts other than I didnt want one over my Camaro. I drive Trans Ams, Camaros, GTOs, etc........never had a car like a cobalt and never wanted one. Never had a turbo or S/C car so don't really know the difference. When I make my cars faster I rebuild engines or drop a stroker kit in. This S/C will be my first on my 2SS. Not deaf, just very badly informed on Cobalts, Neons, and that class of cars.
man the sound of a supercharger versus a turbocharger is unmistakable
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #27
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy2112 View Post
man the sound of a supercharger versus a turbocharger is unmistakable
It didn't sound like the older GT500s with the whine as it accelerated. It had the sound when he shifted. So why keep trying to seem like you are so much better because you know the difference and elaborate.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #28
steddy2112

Quote:
It didn't sound like the older GT500s with the whine as it accelerated. It had the sound when he shifted. So why keep trying to seem like you are so much better because you know the difference and elaborate.
How am I trying to act like I am better than anyone?

Oh yeah

I are teh betta.

I kno teh differences in sound.

It was probably a turbo car if it sounded like a turbo car or

here is idea of the century! Why not listen to both of them on youtube!

Or do you want me to link a bunch of SC ones and a bunch of TC ones for you to?

Last edited by steddy2112; 07-22-2009 at 03:00 AM.
steddy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 AM   #29
Lee9710

Well according to the race I had.....I blew that cheap little piece of crap Cobalt out of the water. Get a real car. Turbocharged or Supercharged, doesn't matter to me when I'm spanking it down the track and it needs extra things to keep up. And it's usually hard to tell the difference in the sound when it is so far behind and the rumble of my V-8 drowns it out.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 AM   #30
steddy2112

Quote:
Well according to the race I had.....I blew that cheap little piece of crap Cobalt out of the water. Get a real car. Turbocharged or Supercharged, doesn't matter to me when I'm spanking it down the track and it needs extra things to keep up. And it's usually hard to tell the difference in the sound when it is so far behind and the rumble of my V-8 drowns it out.
And I am the one acting like I am better.

Right.

Believe what you wanna believe.

I still know what a turbo or a supercharger sounds like and I don't post street races on a forum that asks specifically not to post em.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
Lee9710

Wow......you can tell a sound apart. Congrats. Did you have to go to college for that or are you like a 17 year old on his mommys computer past his bedtime. I do believe a Cobalt of any kind is a far inferior car. I'm not the only one. Im sorry you couldn't afford one. Sounds like a typical douchebag like the driver I encountered in the other Cobalt. Basically a rice burner and a crotch rocket is what I see. Which means couldn't get a fast car and couldn't get a good bike. And not a street race, do you think I care what a website thinks of my post? If I were to get banned then that's too bad. I actually have a life away from my computer. And it's not like this is the only Camaro site in the world bud.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #32
steddy2112

Quote:
Wow......you can tell a sound apart. Congrats. Did you have to go to college for that or are you like a 17 year old on his mommys computer past his bedtime. I do believe a Cobalt of any kind is a far inferior car. I'm not the only one. Im sorry you couldn't afford one. Sounds like a typical douchebag like the driver I encountered in the other Cobalt. Basically a rice burner and a crotch rocket is what I see. Which means couldn't get a fast car and couldn't get a good bike. And not a street race, do you think I care what a website thinks of my post? If I were to get banned then that's too bad. I actually have a life away from my computer. And it's not like this is the only Camaro site in the world bud.

Thanks for the entertainment at work.

Typical douche bag eh?

I come in here trying to figure out which one you raced, and ask a few questions and you start crying. Not my problem. I can get paid to watch you cry, moan, and talk about the rumble of your V8 awesomesos.

Here you keep on taking personal attacks at me like you are 5, and it stemmed because you are too stupid to speak up about what sound you heard.

Pathetic.

Grow up.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 AM   #33
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
that smell you smelt was that possibly race gas
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #34
Lee9710

Why does the sound matter to you anyways. So you can figure out if your car was like the one that got smashed. What are you a security guard? You came in saying, man you must be deaf if you couldn't tell and saying oh it is unmistakeable like I should automatically know. You should have said oh, well a supercharger kind of sounds like _____, while a turbo sounds more like _____. Instead you try to make someone seem dumb and make yourself seem great because you can tell a sound. WOW! Impressive for you. I assure you I am grown. Obviously grown enough to not have a crappy night job where all I do is surf the net. No wonder you have that attitude.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 AM   #35
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Quote:
Why does the sound matter to you anyways. So you can figure out if your car was like the one that got smashed. What are you a security guard? You came in saying, man you must be deaf if you couldn't tell and saying oh it is unmistakeable like I should automatically know. You should have said oh, well a supercharger kind of sounds like _____, while a turbo sounds more like _____. Instead you try to make someone seem dumb and make yourself seem great because you can tell a sound. WOW! Impressive for you. I assure you I am grown. Obviously grown enough to not have a crappy night job where all I do is surf the net. No wonder you have that attitude.

then what are you doing
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 AM   #36
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
that smell you smelt was that possibly race gas
Im still not sure, I haven't ever smelled it before. Just assumed it was some kind of spray. I don't and will never use the stuff so I didn't know too much about it. My buddy said that it could have been Nos because he races imports alot and he said that although it is supposed to be odorless, sometimes you get a smell from the exhaust when something is not working like it should.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 AM   #37
Lee9710

Quote:
then what are you doing
Watching tv and waiting for my wife, who is deployed serving our great country, to get on the computer since I never get to talk to her. Def not at work right now.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 AM   #38
steddy2112

Quote:
How do you know what I do for a living because of what time I work?

Seriously.

All I am trying to get a gauge for was which Cobalt you raced.

Because you could run into a few that would have upset you on a roll race.

PS Security Guards don't get a GM Supplier's discount for being security guards.

My own car, before demodded, would easily make short work of a stock Camaro SS from a roll.

Am I saying at all Cobalts are better than Camaros?

Only in the instance of bolted and tuned aggressively versus stock yes.

And if I really thought my Cobalt was a better car, I would keep it instead of trading it in on a Maro.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #39
steddy2112

Quote:
Watching tv and waiting for my wife, who is deployed serving our great country, to get on the computer since I never get to talk to her. Def not at work right now.
So what about those that serve our country overnight?

They must be losers too.

Warfare only goes on from 9-5 M-F
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 AM   #40
Lee9710

Quote:

They must be losers too.

Who said that jackass.........If you were at work and in the military you wouldn't be on here bud. Even if it was working overnight. And I'm sure that a modded car would take a stock car.....duh! And If I was worried about getting my feelings hurt by a Cobalt I would just take my Trans Am out and spit dust all over its windshield. With a tune, or whatever it may have. Congrats about GMS discount, but I don't need any discounts.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:33 AM   #41
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:

They must be losers too.

disrespectful dude...
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 AM   #42
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
disrespectful dude...
He has been disrespectful ever since he thought he "tried to help."

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 AM   #43
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Quote:
disrespectful dude...
did you not catch the sarcasm there

i believe he is just tired of listening to some guy thats got his panties in a bunch
Old 07-22-2009, 03:40 AM   #44
steddy2112

Quote:
Who said that jackass.........If you were at work and in the military you wouldn't be on here bud. Even if it was working overnight. And I'm sure that a modded car would take a stock car.....duh! And If I was worried about getting my feelings hurt by a Cobalt I would just take my Trans Am out and spit dust all over its windshield. With a tune, or whatever it may have. Congrats about GMS discount, but I don't need any discounts.
Did I say I needed a discount?

Man this is some good entertainment for the night
Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #45
Lee9710

Quote:

i believe he is just tired of listening to some guy thats got his panties in a bunch
Who has their panties in a bunch? You have no idea what is going on. Some guy comes in trying to make others feel dumb and that is your reaction. Wow.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #46
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:

ya i missed it lol
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #47
steddy2112

Quote:
disrespectful dude...
Read the thread and you'll catch the sarcasm

basically, because I am at work right now I am a loser OH and I need a discount, don't make enough money to afford a 'real' bike or a 'real' car.

Both of those must by imaginary then.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #48
Lee9710

Quote:
Did I say I needed a discount?

Man this is some good entertainment for the night
You brought it up. I didn't say anything about a GMS discount. Like it matters or something. Anyone can get one if they try hard enough. It's called negotiating.

ZL1
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #49
steddy2112

Quote:
Who has their panties in a bunch? You have no idea what is going on. Some guy comes in trying to make others feel dumb and that is your reaction. Wow.
Now you are calling deaf people dumb.

That's messed up man.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #50
Lee9710

Quote:
Read the thread and you'll catch the sarcasm

basically, because I am at work right now I am a loser OH and I need a discount, don't make enough money to afford a 'real' bike or a 'real' car.

Both of those must by imaginary then.

What kind of productive job has you sitting on a Camaro site chatting then. Can't be a great one, at least no respectful job I have ever had or know of lets you surf the net. You brought up the discount, not me. Oh yeah cause I said they were imaginary.......a real bike as in a Harley, or a real car as in something fast and worth the money.

ZL1