Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Thin Blue Line Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
New exhaust!

Hey guys! So today is my birthday and yesterday my mom and dad surprised me with a gift. They had bought and installed a Borla exhaust axle back system onto my 2013 1lt! I went for a spin with my dad and as soon as I drove about 100 yards I looked at my dad and said it sounded better. He looked at me and had a grin plastered onto his face,smiling ear to ear! I was so happy and surprised! I thought this would have been a christmas present, I have to say, this exhaust sounds amazing, on start up it growls, and on low RPMS its awesome! :headband: Didn't think a v6 could sound this awesome!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Jered@DKT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Jered@DKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
loliveira08

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Congrats! Can't wait till I get home and install my MRT 2.0. It's been sitting there a few days and the anticipation is killing me!
loliveira08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You will find it only gets better over the next 6 months or so. In the technical terminology in which it was explained to me by Apex Chase "They put gunk in the mufflers that has to burn off ". It will deepen & sound much better once you put a few miles on it. Just wait & see! I'm still lovin' mine and am anxious to see what it is going to sound like once I add my American Racing Headers long tubes! Congrats on your permagrin enhancing gift.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
trcsr

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Conv
Smile

I am a firm believer that a sports car should sound like a sports car. To that end I was looking at several aftermarket systems. I had read several posts that said the mufflers from a V8 installed on a V6 would give a really nice sound. Fortunately, another member contacted me and said that he had just installed an aftermarket system on his 2013 2SS/RS and would sell me the OEM mufflers from it at a very reasonable price, and they only had less than 100 miles on them. I got them and had them installed for $60 and love the sound. Plus, it was a lot cheaper than the name brand aftermarket mufflers. I hope that what they told you about the sound improves with the miles is true as that will make my $200 investment very satisfying.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Congrats!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
SmplyB

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Ashen Grey Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Hey guys! So today is my birthday and yesterday my mom and dad surprised me with a gift. They had bought and installed a Borla exhaust axle back system onto my 2013 1lt! I went for a spin with my dad and as soon as I drove about 100 yards I looked at my dad and said it sounded better. He looked at me and had a grin plastered onto his face,smiling ear to ear! I was so happy and surprised! I thought this would have been a christmas present, I have to say, this exhaust sounds amazing, on start up it growls, and on low RPMS its awesome! :headband: Didn't think a v6 could sound this awesome!
what borla exhaust did you install? I put one the only one they offer for the V6 and I was extremely disappointed, it hardly mad a difference