Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
A comparison of Ofer's DRL bulbs

Ofer (2SSRS) was nice enough to send me a 4300K set to compare to my current 5000K set. Below are some comparison shots of the 4300K (left) and the 5000K (right). I have a 2013 so these are ps26w drl's, p13's should be the same. I let the bulbs heat up for about 5 minutes before taking the pictures. Both bulbs are a bit exaggerated in the pictures, the yellow is not quite as yellow and the blue is not quite as blue although I feel the yellow is more highlighted in person.

Personally I feel the 5000K match slightly better and will probably stick with them, but IMO you cannot go wrong with either.

Thanks to Ofer!










Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389

Last edited by nyrfan; 01-14-2013 at 04:07 PM.
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,041
definitely the 5000K on the right is a much better match. I might be picking up a set when my crappy ones i got for 20 bucks are done for.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
dkp2LT


 
dkp2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO & Del Mar, CA
Posts: 2,502
I went with th 5000 & am very glad I did. Thanks for taking the pics - reinforces that I made the right decision.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
beany323

 
beany323's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Cali.
Posts: 1,238
Part # for the right lights and harness adapter (?) (also it looks like a easy mod to do).
thanks
__________________
"The fact the GT500 can barely beat a $37k car with 200 less horsepower speaks volumes. There are about a million mods you can do to a LS3 to make a Camaro do the 1/4 faster then a GT500." (Vroom.)

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
dkp2LT


 
dkp2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO & Del Mar, CA
Posts: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
Part # for the right lights and harness adapter (?) (also it looks like a easy mod to do).
thanks
Check out gen5diy.com - his site is easy to move around find everything you need. And if you have questions email him. Great guy/vendor.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Check out gen5diy.com - his site is easy to move around find everything you need. And if you have questions email him. Great guy/vendor.
This is a highly recommend vendor.


Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!
 
Obzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,251
Hmm, maybe its just the pics or the difference between the P13w and Ps26 but your 4300k looks really yellow compared to mine. I have them on my 2011 and they match much better than yours do. Mine look closer to your 5k's. Unless I ended up with 5k's on accident lol.

I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Do your's snap in?

On the p13w's he sells they dont snap. They are tight but I put a little electrical tape around it just to be sure.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Hmm, maybe its just the pics or the difference between the P13w and Ps26 but your 4300k looks really yellow compared to mine. I have them on my 2011 and they match much better than yours do. Mine look closer to your 5k's. Unless I ended up with 5k's on accident lol.

I'll try to get a picture tonight.

Do your's snap in?

On the p13w's he sells they dont snap. They are tight but I put a little electrical tape around it just to be sure.
I had the 4300K p13's on my 2011 and they were the same shade as the 4300K PS26, here is a pic:





Yes all 3 versons snapped in with no issues.
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!
 
Obzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I had the 4300K p13's on my 2011 and they were the same shade.

Yes all 3 versons snapped in with no issues.
hmm weird. Maybe he switched vendors or something. Don't know why mine don't snap in.

Either way, they can't be beat for the price.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,536
bump
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
Lacpac
CAI, MRT 2.0, Ported TB
 
Lacpac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 RS, Crystal Red Tint
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Loves Park, IL
Posts: 175
Bought mine at lite-rite.com. 5000k 7.5 watt and they are very bright and white. Only $54 out the door. Nice quality. Will buy there again.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
Lacpac
CAI, MRT 2.0, Ported TB
 
Lacpac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 RS, Crystal Red Tint
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Loves Park, IL
Posts: 175
Sorry that was lite-right.com
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #13
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
Bought mine at lite-rite.com. 5000k 7.5 watt and they are very bright and white. Only $54 out the door. Nice quality. Will buy there again.
And you felt the need to post here, why?


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #14
Glen e

 
Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,926
I eliminated having to worry about the match and just got amber bulbs. I always liked fogs being amber anyway. My fogs are fogs again and are not DRL's....Ofer's Halo harness now makes the Halo's the DRL.
__________________
Glen
2LT C7 Cyber/Red
Glen e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #15
Lacpac
CAI, MRT 2.0, Ported TB
 
Lacpac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 RS, Crystal Red Tint
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Loves Park, IL
Posts: 175
Sorry to offend, thought this was a discussion about LED lighting. Didn't mean to disrupt a sales pitch.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Bmatth1162
 
Bmatth1162's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Ofer (2SSRS) was nice enough to send me a 4300K set to compare to my current 5000K set. Below are some comparison shots of the 4300K (left) and the 5000K (right). I have a 2013 so these are ps26w drl's, p13's should be the same. I let the bulbs heat up for about 5 minutes before taking the pictures. Both bulbs are a bit exaggerated in the pictures, the yellow is not quite as yellow and the blue is not quite as blue although I feel the yellow is more highlighted in person.

Personally I feel the 5000K match slightly better and will probably stick with them, but IMO you cannot go wrong with either.

Thanks to Ofer!










Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
I hate to be that guy and flame me all ya want, but when you say "right" you mean the 5000k is the car's front-left DRL? I'm ready to buy either 4300k or else 5000k and I like whichever one is on the car's front-left DRL in these pictures (5000k?). Again, I apologize. I'm a dentist (a career that ruins your damn life for stuff like this!) and ALL DAY on x-rays the "right" in an image like the one you took means the patient's right, meaning the left side of the picture and it's something I've grown obnoxiously accustomed to. Just need to clarify 5000k is the car's front-left bulb. Thanks!
__________________

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #17
Bmatth1162
 
Bmatth1162's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 308
I guess just to be a pain in the a** even more while I'm at it, what wattage did you go with for these pictures? I've seen 7.5, 11, or 50w... Thanks again!
__________________

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #18
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
I guess just to be a pain in the a** even more while I'm at it, what wattage did you go with for these pictures? I've seen 7.5, 11, or 50w... Thanks again!
These are the 11 watt. And when I say right I mean:
Right = drivers
Left = passenger

Hope that helps.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Bmatth1162
 
Bmatth1162's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
These are the 11 watt. And when I say right I mean:
Right = drivers
Left = passenger

Hope that helps.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
Thanks! I ordered 11watt 5000k's because I love the way they look in your pics. Thanks again, and sorry for the annoying questions.


Sent from my abacus
__________________

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
Snickers
Rumblebee
 
Snickers's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 74
Would it be possible to get a pic of the DRLs at day?
I can't decide between 7.5 and 11w and if I want to have them on an night - and the 11w are to bright in your pics for my taste. But maybe they'll work during the day for me.
__________________
'13 ZL1 Rally Yellow A6 Coupe
'93 Volvo 480 Turbo
From dusk till dawn, hammering the Autobahn.
Snickers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
Would it be possible to get a pic of the DRLs at day?
I can't decide between 7.5 and 11w and if I want to have them on an night - and the 11w are to bright in your pics for my taste. But maybe they'll work during the day for me.
Sure, will do tomorrow.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,521
Here you go
















Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #23
Snickers
Rumblebee
 
Snickers's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 74
Thank you very much!! Helps a lot.
__________________
'13 ZL1 Rally Yellow A6 Coupe
'93 Volvo 480 Turbo
From dusk till dawn, hammering the Autobahn.
Snickers is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2ssrs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.