Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #26
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
So I learned how to remove the shark fin antenna. I also received some "4D" carbon fiber vinyl.

I wrapped the shark fin in this vinyl and it doesn't look half bad. The finish actually gives it some depth. I think I may try wrapping the roof in it to see how it turns out.

Name:  Shark Fin.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  141.5 KB
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #27
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
That looks good. Looks more realistic than hydro-graphics
Old 01-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #28
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
So I learned how to remove the shark fin antenna. I also received some "4D" carbon fiber vinyl.

I wrapped the shark fin in this vinyl and it doesn't look half bad. The finish actually gives it some depth. I think I may try wrapping the roof in it to see how it turns out.

Attachment 594052
Looks great!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #29
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Hot dam & I thought I was a Mod Addict. You have done such a beautiful job on the CGM. I see you like C B also. Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't see it any where but haven't you made COTW yet? If not you absolutely have all my votes. Every thing just falls into each other on this car.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #30
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
I love coming back and reading this thread very cool man, holy carbon fiber pure taking it to the next level
Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #31
Pharmaro

Thanks! It's been a long work in progress and the brevity of this build thread doesn't do justice to the many different changes I've done, some of them several different times!

I have some things planned for the future and now that this thread is started I hope to have a few more pictures up. It just needs to warm up already!

On my list:

DJ Predator Grille (back up to my Hawkeye)
Carbon Fiber vented fenders painted with exposed carbon hash marks and another little exposed piece
Wrapping my roof in the 4d Vinyl- maybe followed up with the Morenos CF Roof inlay
Rideskinz roof spoiler
Twins
Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #32
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Quote:
Thanks! It's been a long work in progress and the brevity of this build thread doesn't do justice to the many different changes I've done, some of them several different times!

I have some things planned for the future and now that this thread is started I hope to have a few more pictures up. It just needs to warm up already!

On my list:

DJ Predator Grille (back up to my Hawkeye)
Carbon Fiber vented fenders painted with exposed carbon hash marks and another little exposed piece
Wrapping my roof in the 4d Vinyl- maybe followed up with the Morenos CF Roof inlay
Rideskinz roof spoiler
Twins
Very Exiting
Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #33
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Man... I just finished looking at your build.. I must say its very impressive!

Lots of money and worked invested in it and looks beautiful, great taste, very well done
Goran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #34
Pharmaro

Finally had a day of warm weather here so I decided to tackle my "4D" carbon fiber vinyl roof wrap. I also experimented with some stripes. It's kind of growing on me...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  195.7 KB
Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #35
Pharmaro

Here's another with brighter lighting. I did some other cosmetic upgrades, once we get another nice day I'll take sunlight pics of the roof and the other upgrades.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  228.3 KB
Old 02-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #36
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Looks great. Any links to where the vinyl is from?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #37
Pharmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Looks great. Any links to where the vinyl is from?

It's made by Vvivid Vinyl http://www.vvividvinyl.com/index.php?route=common/home

I bought it from there store, link here http://1stopvinyl.com/

Make sure you pick the "True R" style of carbon fiber vinyl, that's the more realistic style, though at an upcharge. It comes in widths of 5 feet, just purchase by length.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #38
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Sweet build. Love the cf look
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #39
Pharmaro

Had a bad case of cabin fever today and the temperature wasn't too bad so I decided to take some pictures with my wife's new DSLR.

A couple of weeks ago I received a Remin Exterior kit in real carbon fiber and I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but I think I'm going to keep it on. It has trim pieces for the triangular portion near the mirrors as well as the door handles.

Name:  Remin Exterior 1.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  285.3 KB

Name:  Remin Exterior 2.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  277.9 KB

Name:  Remin Exterior 3.JPG
Views: 666
Size:  282.8 KB

I also haven't posted any pictures of the Billet Custom items I've installed but here they are!

Name:  Billet Custom 1.JPG
Views: 661
Size:  269.1 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 2.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  220.8 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 3.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  301.0 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 4.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  303.3 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 5.JPG
Views: 660
Size:  194.4 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 6.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  241.7 KB

Name:  Billet Custom 7.JPG
Views: 637
Size:  260.6 KB

I think this is a neat picture of the entire engine bay as well.

Name:  Engine Bay Overhead.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  372.2 KB

Here's a picture of some products coming in for my next project.

Name:  Subs.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  143.7 KB
Old 03-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #40
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Do you have a CF Tattoo yet. LOL
Old 03-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #41
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: un Camaro con motor alterado.
Quote:
I got a little crafty with the stock cam shaft, toe rod, rotor, and some spray paint.

Attachment 589250

I also added a fire extinguisher using a billet mounting bracket from Rick's Camaro.

Attachment 589251
Yeah this fire extinguisher is dope. I just have mine floating in the back seat, one day with a hard turn that shits going to go off haha. I might have to borrow this idea from you, can you mount that clip on one of the pillars?

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #42
Pharmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Do you have a CF Tattoo yet. LOL
Actually...... no lol. But the day that I own this, I'll admit I have a problem.

Name:  carbon-fiber-toilet.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  17.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Yeah this fire extinguisher is dope. I just have mine floating in the back seat, one day with a hard turn that shits going to go off haha. I might have to borrow this idea from you, can you mount that clip on one of the pillars?
It comes with self tapping screws, you'd probably at the very least want to use nuts and bolts in place of the screws. My only concerns with the pillars would be, depending on the pillar you use, airbags deploying, and whether or not the pillar trim could hold the fire extinguisher. Otherwise, sky's the limit with the Rick's Camaro set-up, they have options for roll cage mount too.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #43
Pharmaro

So I've spent the last couple of days upgrading my factory BA sound system with the following:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R400-4D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 x2 Subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate Wiring
Subthump FARK Harness
Subwoofer Box from Customboxman (Ebay)

The goal of this setup was to still have full access to the battery compartment. I used Earthshaker's set up as an inspiration.

I had previously used rattletrap to help with road noise so this is my starting point.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  344.0 KB

Here's a picture of most the supplies I had for this. UPS was a little delayed in getting me the second amp and amp wiring kits, which in retrosepect was fine because this took me several days to complete anyway. I found the maker of the subwoofer box online checking out custom sound systems. It is solidly made by "Customboxman" and he's local to me so I went and picked it up. It fits perfectly for a rear facing subwoofer set-up.

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  295.9 KB

Here is a better picture of how it fits perfectly. I also covered the box in a black microsuede/Alcantara-like fabric from Joann's Fabric.

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 672
Size:  312.6 KB

I then made the "trap door" pieces that would cover the stock wheel well cover. Sound deadened and covered in red microseude.

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  354.2 KB

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  272.5 KB

The tricky part was the amp mounts. I needed to have them free standing so they could to be removable. Here you can see my cardboard box template as well lol.

Name:  6.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  262.6 KB

Test fitting the amp mounts in the trunk.

Name:  7.JPG
Views: 624
Size:  277.7 KB

Fit was great, went ahead and cut a pass through so that the cords would be hidden.

Name:  8.JPG
Views: 626
Size:  265.2 KB

Here's a good side by side shot of the factory amp and the 4 channel amp with the FARK harness. By the way, if you're replacing the factory amp, get the FARK! It was by far the easiest part of the whole process. Just replacing the factory amp had humungous gains in the overall sound quality.

Name:  Out with old.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  323.6 KB

All buttoned up for now. I still want to try to cover the rear trunk trim in the black microseude and sound deaden the rear deck lid.

Name:  Final 1.JPG
Views: 625
Size:  270.8 KB

Name:  Final 2.JPG
Views: 631
Size:  290.6 KB

Name:  Final 3.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  301.6 KB

Name:  Final 4.JPG
Views: 613
Size:  280.4 KB
Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #44
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: un Camaro con motor alterado.
Quote:
So I've spent the last couple of days upgrading my factory BA sound system with the following:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R400-4D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 x2 Subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate Wiring
Subthump FARK Harness
Subwoofer Box from Customboxman (Ebay)

The goal of this setup was to still have full access to the battery compartment. I used Earthshaker's set up as an inspiration.

I had previously used rattletrap to help with road noise so this is my starting point.

Attachment 609419

Here's a picture of most the supplies I had for this. UPS was a little delayed in getting me the second amp and amp wiring kits, which in retrosepect was fine because this took me several days to complete anyway. I found the maker of the subwoofer box online checking out custom sound systems. It is solidly made by "Customboxman" and he's local to me so I went and picked it up. It fits perfectly for a rear facing subwoofer set-up.

Attachment 609420

Here is a better picture of how it fits perfectly. I also covered the box in a black microsuede/Alcantara-like fabric from Joann's Fabric.

Attachment 609421

I then made the "trap door" pieces that would cover the stock wheel well cover. Sound deadened and covered in red microseude.

Attachment 609422

Attachment 609423

The tricky part was the amp mounts. I needed to have them free standing so they could to be removable. Here you can see my cardboard box template as well lol.

Attachment 609424

Test fitting the amp mounts in the trunk.

Attachment 609425

Fit was great, went ahead and cut a pass through so that the cords would be hidden.

Attachment 609426

Here's a good side by side shot of the factory amp and the 4 channel amp with the FARK harness. By the way, if you're replacing the factory amp, get the FARK! It was by far the easiest part of the whole process. Just replacing the factory amp had humungous gains in the overall sound quality.

Attachment 609427

All buttoned up for now. I still want to try to cover the rear trunk trim in the black microseude and sound deaden the rear deck lid.

Attachment 609428

Attachment 609429

Attachment 609430

Attachment 609431
Damn now your inspiring me to make so many customized things like the trunk area. Only thing would be doing it while the wife is out on a business trip so she cant badger me on more mods haha. Everytime I look in this thread its something bigger and better, keepem' coming!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #45
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
First off ...

Carbon Fiber vented fenders painted with exposed carbon hash marks and another little exposed piece -- YES SIR! haha just saw that and that would be awesome!

Second... TWINS - Yes please!

Third, I want to steal your trunk idea so bad... it's absolutely amazing hahaha.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #46
Pharmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Damn now your inspiring me to make so many customized things like the trunk area. Only thing would be doing it while the wife is out on a business trip so she cant badger me on more mods haha. Everytime I look in this thread its something bigger and better, keepem' coming!
Thanks! Your build has been great to follow as well.

To me, the trunk had always been kind of a blah area for me as there were a lot of customization options do the engine bay, exterior, and interior. When I was at a show and popped the trunk it would be like "Hey look! A trunk with a tiny opening and more storage space that meets the eye" lol. Now I feel like each section of my car has been modified.

I totally hear you on sneaking it by the wife, but maybe you can convince her of how much you'll SAVE by doing it yourself lol. Besides the amps, the fabric was probably the most expensive part for me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
First off ...

Carbon Fiber vented fenders painted with exposed carbon hash marks and another little exposed piece -- YES SIR! haha just saw that and that would be awesome!

Second... TWINS - Yes please!

Third, I want to steal your trunk idea so bad... it's absolutely amazing hahaha.
I think the fenders have moved up on my list for sure. I'm still on the fence regarding FI and all the extra costs that can come with it.

It was great seeing you and Maddie the other day and Cazador was looking gooood. I can't wait to see what else you'll come up with for it.

I need to update this thread with my newest mod once I remember to take some good pictures of it.

Stay tuned....
Old 04-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #47
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LS
Damn that's the most realistic vinly I ever seen . I thought you shark fin was real till I read the post .
Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #48
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the Big Honor!!.... COTW...

Yes, it is worthy....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #49
Buschman

Drives: 2013 1LT VR RS
Gratz on COTW, very well deserved and long over due!

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #50
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

congrats on COTW well deserved