Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Old 07-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Teddydog

Drives: ABM 2LT M6 RS
Any Puget Sound Area dealers at MSRP?

Went looking today and drove an 2LT. Loved it! But I'm not going to pay $10k over MSRP. Are there any decent dealers selling or ordering at MSRP? Thanks! I'm in Dupont, so Tacoma and Oly are closest, but anywhere in south Sound area. I'd go as far as Portland to get a fair price. Thanks!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
Went looking today and drove an 2LT. Loved it! But I'm not going to pay $10k over MSRP. Are there any decent dealers selling or ordering at MSRP? Thanks! I'm in Dupont, so Tacoma and Oly are closest, but anywhere in south Sound area. I'd go as far as Portland to get a fair price. Thanks!

Rob
Friendly chevy in Puyallup say they will honor MSRP if you order it through them but if a car hits the lot (with out it being ordered for someone) then its 3,500 over.
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
kjnylin

Drives: 2LT/RS Black, Polished 20's
$200 over invoice at Dave Smith in Idaho

I ordered my 2LT from Dave Smith Motors in Idaho for $200 over invoice. I know you said you would go as far as Portland, but for this big of a savings you might consider Kellogg Idaho. It costs about $75 to fly to Spokane. Dave Smith Motors will drive you from there to the dealership that is about 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'm expecting mine in about 2-3 weeks. Should have been built last week. When Sunset Chevrolet in Sumner quoted $10,000 over MSRP, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I did try Freindly in Puyallup last April, they did quote MSRP without mark-up but they were out of allocations. That could be different now.
kjnylin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
I ordered my 2LT from Dave Smith Motors in Idaho for $200 over invoice. I know you said you would go as far as Portland, but for this big of a savings you might consider Kellogg Idaho. It costs about $75 to fly to Spokane. Dave Smith Motors will drive you from there to the dealership that is about 1 hour 15 minutes away. I'm expecting mine in about 2-3 weeks. Should have been built last week. When Sunset Chevrolet in Sumner quoted $10,000 over MSRP, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I did try Freindly in Puyallup last April, they did quote MSRP without mark-up but they were out of allocations. That could be different now.
they have a list of people who they are ordering for after Allocations are done.
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Old 07-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Koenig in Port Angeles was honoring MSRP, but they have sold all their allocations so if you don't mind waiting I would contact them. Don't even bother talking to any Olympia dealer they want over MSRP. At Lake Fair in Olympia I spent five hour in a Q&A section with 100 or more folks about our car the only 2010 in the shown and most everyone said they had been looking, but most dealers they spoke with had the 2010 over priced by 5 to 10K over MSRP. So it shows me that people want to buy, but not over MSRP and I would 100% agree with them.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
Blade Chev in Mt Vernon treated me right. I paid a little over MSRP, but figure it was worth it. They let me test drive an SS they have. Don't have my car yet, but no complaints so far.
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Ahdidah10

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
I got mine at Dave smith back a month ago. It was $200 above cost and they are great to deal with. If you're interested pm me and I'll hook you up with my guy. But I agree going to Idaho is great and they didn't drill into the front facia for the front plate
Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
gocougs

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Camaro-2005 Avalanche
I ordered mine thru Curt Warner in Vancouver Wa for msrp.

Last edited by gocougs; 07-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.
gocougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Teddydog

Thanks for the great leads, guys. I'll keep Dave Smith and the Vacouver dealers in mind. Do they pretty much all ask for $1000 down to order? Non-refundable? I need to sell my Corvette before I can buy...but maybe not before I ORDER. If a dealer has no allocations, how long are we talking? 3 months? With allocation?

Any idea if Dave Smith or Curt Warner will honor Credit Union and/or USAA discounts?

Rob
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
kjnylin

$2000 down when ordering with Dave Smith

I was asked to pay $2000 down payment when the order was officially placed with GM. You will have to ask them about thier allocations. I first paid them $500 to be placed on the waiting list untill an allocation actually became available. Good luck. I expect my car in about 2-3 weeks. Can't wait!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
kjnylin

No other discounts at Dave Smith

With only $200 over invoice (for the 2LT) I didn't even ask about a discount, I would have to assume not.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
gocougs

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Camaro-2005 Avalanche
Hey Rob,I did get the credit union discount plus no money down. I ordered 2SS/RS in June and he told me that he would have a allocation for me in August.Talk to Ken Hoppenworth...(hoppy@curtwarnerchevrolet.com) he's been great and he will tell you everthing you need to know. Tell him I sent you... Dwayne Halbleib
gocougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
Teddydog

Ordered my car today from Dave Smith Motors in ID. They are currently selling V6s for $200 over Invoice and V8s for $3000 over MSRP! This actually helped me decide to buy the 2LT. They had an open allocation (they said) and put the order in for me today! Only down side is they want a $2000 deposit, which seems a bit high to me.

I though I had found a local dealership who was going to give me a fair price. The Internet sales manager/Camaro expert though demand had dropped enough that they were going to drop their crazy markup. When he talked to the owner about it today, we found out he was wrong and the owner was insiting on $3k over MSRP still. Didn't matter that I'd already told him they had to compete with Inv +200 to get my business. Went by there last night and they have a 2SS RS w/ 21" wheels in the showroom for $48,000!

Rob
Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
I'm in Kent, WA and contacted several dealers that all quoted 3500 - 5000 over MSRP including "tiny overhead" Sunset Chevrolet, Jet Chevrolet and others. I finally found Hinton Chevrolet in Lynden (waaaay up by the Canadian border). They refuse to tack on dealer mark-ups on principal so I liked them right away . I dealt with Kelly Fenno (the internet sales manager) and Steve Joosten (the GM) who has been very straight forward about things. I ordered July 8th with $1000 deposit, and they just got some allocations in August so my order should finally move off status 1100.

You can e-mail initially if you want to, but I'd recomment giving them a call early in the process because they get a ton of people requesting qutoes, but only a small portion are serious about buying and you need to let them know you're serious .
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
hawkxp172

Drives: 02Silverado 05Tahoe 10Camaro
As long as you're checking up north, try Tim Greencorn @ Jerry Chambers Chevrolet in Bellingham. Great guy, treated me right so far. My car is sitting on a train in Hermiston.
hawkxp172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Try Koening in Port Angeles talk with Bill Koening. Super cool guy and very respectable person and has earned my business. Just not sure how many allocation he has left if any.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by convert View Post
I'm in Kent, WA and contacted several dealers that all quoted 3500 - 5000 over MSRP including "tiny overhead" Sunset Chevrolet, Jet Chevrolet and others. I finally found Hinton Chevrolet in Lynden (waaaay up by the Canadian border). They refuse to tack on dealer mark-ups on principal so I liked them right away . I dealt with Kelly Fenno (the internet sales manager) and Steve Joosten (the GM) who has been very straight forward about things. I ordered July 8th with $1000 deposit, and they just got some allocations in August so my order should finally move off status 1100.

You can e-mail initially if you want to, but I'd recomment giving them a call early in the process because they get a ton of people requesting qutoes, but only a small portion are serious about buying and you need to let them know you're serious .

these guys are just a few minutes from me, very nice rep around town.
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #18
Teddydog

BTW...Dave Smith did have allocation and my order went right in. Scheduled to be built next week!

rob
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
McCartney

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I bought my 2LT at exactly the MSRP about a month ago from Good Chevrolet via the internet, in Renton, just off of 405. Everywhere else around the state was asking 2,000 to 10,000 over the MSRP. Talk to John Dupree he should hook you up.

Brian
McCartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #20
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Blade was marking all 3 they had on the lot plus $5000 last month. Maybe the party is over with over retail.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
MrClean

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Knudsten Chevrolet in Post Falls ID is selling at MSRP. Was talking to them today and they have a 2SS and 2LT arriving in a week. I bought my 2SS and Silverado there and they have been nothing but first class. PM me and I will get you contact info for the Sales Manager.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:34 AM   #22
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
I bought my 2LT at exactly the MSRP about a month ago from Good Chevrolet via the internet, in Renton, just off of 405. Everywhere else around the state was asking 2,000 to 10,000 over the MSRP. Talk to John Dupree he should hook you up.

Brian
I ordered through John as well. He took my GMS authorization and I'm due for delivery on 10/9.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #23
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:

Brian
our meetings are up by there & thats the way we drive lol. cant afford one yet, waiting until the vert
PNWCC is now on facebook
Old 09-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #24
Rottluver

Drives: '07 TBSS
Quote:

Brian
Do you know if that deal is good for 2SS cars as well or only the LT's?
Rottluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #25
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottluver View Post
Do you know if that deal is good for 2SS cars as well or only the LT's?
They have one on the site for $5k over thats a 2ss
PNWCC is now on facebook