Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
CamaroOwner

Drives: 2012 Camaro v6 RS package 2LT
Flowmaster axle back?

Is there any way possible to put the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust system on my 2012 v6 camaro convertible? I've been looking around and I haven't found a solid answer if it will fit convertibles with or without mods
CamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
What are your concerns? Most axleback systems should fit the convertible with no problem. BTW, the most popular choice for the V6 Camaros is the MRTv2 axleback exhaust. It's what i would recommend!!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
CamaroOwner

My concern is that I've heard the pocket for the muffler part is smaller on the vert than on the hardtop because of the rear bracing, so I have no idea if a hardtop axle back system will fit on my vert... And I will look into that system thanks!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
CamaroOwner

Basically if I were interested in the American thunder by flowmaster, it says will not fit convertibles.. I'm wondering why that is
Old 12-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Fireman124

Drives: 45th convertible ss
Your best bet is to call Flowmaster. They will be able to tell you if they have a system that will fit.
Fireman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroOwner View Post
Basically if I were interested in the American thunder by flowmaster, it says will not fit convertibles.. I'm wondering why that is
The main reason that it won't fit is because of interference. If you notice when you look in between the muffler on the right and the muffler on the left part of the undercarriage comes down almost like a box. The coupes don't have that, and that's why some systems will not work. I got around it because I removed the two rear bars. That freed up enough room for me to put the exhaust system I have now on the car. A lot of people will tell you that what I did is not a smart thing to do, and I agree with them because the car feels more unstable. I was able to find an aftermarket bracing system that went in place of what I took out and made the car more rigid again.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
CamaroOwner

thank you for actually answering my question lol everyone has been going around it... I will look into the aftermarket bracing if I want to go that route
Old 12-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
CamaroOwner

oh and @chris82xx do you think you could send me a link or something for what the aftermarket braces look like?

Tags
axle back, convertible, exhaust, mods