Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #251
camarosource
 
Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 108
I would say to QUOTE WORD FOR WORD the CONTRACT you signed and see what they put as far as damages go. NO ONE reads the fine print but they might have put something to cover to butts..

(Quoting the fine print I mean which refers to vehicles in the possession of the shop)
camarosource is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #252
gen=5

 
gen=5's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcop20 View Post
There is something totally wrong with this post. As a retired police officer none of this rings true. (Joined Dec. 2013.. 4 post.before this one ???) what insurance company would tell thier client they could not get info..BS I've got State Farm and they are like PIT BULLS ( I am covered they go after the suspect like a fresh bone) The police would investigate all aspects of the complaint...was a driver apprehended on scene after the ACCIDENT etc etc. ask all the questions to each of the posters points and I personally don't like how it pans out BUT hell ANYTHING is possible...just not like THIS
yes that's what i am saying,and the dealer said that all the insurance info was turned over,and i believe that,plus your right any insurance company IS GOING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE DEALERS INSURANCE AS ITS A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD,ALL IT HAS TO DO IS GET THE POLICE REPORT,AND FILE,it does not need to wait for either party to turn over the info,plus the dealer does not have to deal direct with the OP,just the OP's insurance company...
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
gen=5 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #253
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,718
Completely disgusting. Find a good lawyer. Get what you're owed.
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #254
Chalk_2
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Done!
Chalk_2 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #255
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,095
I have a friend that this same thing happened to. Someone stole it from the dealership. The dealership made it right and even gave him a ton of custom free parts.

I'm a paralegal and I'm telling you that you have a solid case.


Contact a lawyer and GM IMMEDIATELY.
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #256
Hellfighter

 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 1,742
Here is what they posted on the google review.

F.S. C.
in the last week
THE FOLLOWING REVIEWS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECEIVED FALSE INFORMATION AND HAVE NO CONNECTION TO OUR BUSINESS: Scott Applegate, Bob John, Hunter Hall, Mark IM, Allememl, Jason Churchill, Russ Fox, Yong Sin, Charles Trauscht, AnAngryPillock, Jacob Pfaff, Monica Acken, Fearxlink, Frank Roche, Lumbre1969, Derke Kraese.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st+...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

Kinda made me giggle.
__________________
Hellfighter is online now  
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #257
eymang
 
eymang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 388
I would like to see a copy of the police report posted here.
eymang is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #258
62nalide

 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,193
Car is in their property and they are responsable until the customer picks up the car and close the RO. They are at fault.
__________________
VVT cam equipped.
N/A 6.2L 7.20s in the 1/8!
11.26 @ 124.11 mph in the 1/4
62nalide is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #259
L36L72LS3
 
L36L72LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 2011 2SSRS M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 254
I've heard from a few on this forum and two others that they are going to surprise the dealer with a few dozen Camaros after the holidays with signs and banners to bring attention to the dealers screw up.
L36L72LS3 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #260
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 195
the dealer put their Facebook page back up! lol...I left them a nice fb review
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #261
Jrd1317
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
Jrd1317 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #262
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrd1317 View Post
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #263
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,002
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, authorized or not, stole and wrecked a customers car. I don't care if untruths or half truths were told by the Customer. The dealer could have handled this better. And the dealer shouldn't have waited until Monday. They should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew what happened. Not lawyered up over the weekend with their retained attorney and waited until the next business day. That is some SHADY SHIT.

It WAS the dealers employee. The dealer didn't secure the keys or the car properly on a non-work day. It's the dealers liability. The dealer can go after the employee, and maybe get some of that loss back, but if they make it right, they'll have made a customer happy, and (maybe more importantly) an entire internet community.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #264
BHamm
 
BHamm's Avatar
 
Drives: Sierra 2500HD Denali, 14 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Roseville, California
Posts: 90
First post! Welcome....
__________________
As Dustin Hoffman's character in Papillon, Louis Dega, said, "Temptation resisted is a true measure of character."
BHamm is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #265
Padre
Only drives on Sundays
 
Padre's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2SS/RS, Black/Inferno, L99 A6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 2,394
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre
__________________

The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
Padre is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #266
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre
Hopefully they read every last word of it too!
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #267
Brownster
 
Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE N.C.
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, authorized or not, stole and wrecked a customers car. I don't care if untruths or half truths were told by the Customer. The dealer could have handled this better. And the dealer shouldn't have waited until Monday. They should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew what happened. Not lawyered up over the weekend with their retained attorney and waited until the next business day. That is some SHADY SHIT.


It WAS the dealers employee. The dealer didn't secure the keys or the car properly on a non-work day. It's the dealers liability. The dealer can go after the employee, and maybe get some of that loss back, but if they make it right, they'll have made a customer happy, and (maybe more importantly) an entire internet community.
I agree,Dealer should take the high road,legal issues notwithstanding.
Brownster is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #268
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 195
quote from First State Chevrolets Homepage, I cant believe they put it right there on the first page. http://www.firststatechevy.com/

Recently 1st State Chevrolet had an employee enter the dealership on Sunday December 15th and take a customer's Camaro without authorization and subsequently totaled the customer's car in an accident. Our Business is closed on Sundays and was locked as is usual procedure. The employee acted on his own in this unfortunate event. This is an awful situation for both the customer and the dealership to deal with. We have been in contact with the customer and apologized for this situation at length. Both parties' insurance companies are working to handle this claim in a satisfactory manner. Hopefully this situation will be settled in the very near future.

-Robert L. Hansen
President 1st State Chevrolet
__________________

Last edited by cdjnight; 12-24-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added link
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #269
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
I agree,Dealer should take the high road,legal issues notwithstanding.
Exactly. It may be a reasonable and prudent decision for the dealer to just let the insurance companies handle it...After all, that's WHY the dealer has insurance. HOWEVER, the dealer isn't very business savvy if they're not going to get ahead of the destructive internet hate by making it right before the insurance companies work it out. They'll lose at least their potential loss in sales and bad press before the insurance companies come to a deal, which could be 6 months out, especially if lawyers are involved. I don't see the downside to the dealer biting the bullet and trying to reclaim the losses through insurance and suing their employee.

$10 says they hired an employee with prior felonies and gave him unfettered access to hundreds of thousands of dollars in customer cars and parts....That's not going to look good when it comes up...Just sayin.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #270
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 2,620
How does unauthorized use not stick? He stole a vehicle. Makes no sense why the police will not pursue.


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #271
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
How does unauthorized use not stick? He stole a vehicle. Makes no sense why the police will not pursue.


Ryan
I think the OP said something about being "outsiders" in their small town.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #272
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 195
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p...-wreck/1093942

I think this is the dude that crashed the car

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...440834&fref=ts
__________________
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #273
580/556 ZL1
 
580/556 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 90
if it would happen to me ...i would be in jail for 25 years,,,,there is no way that i would be able to handle my self in this case not versu a dealer.....
__________________
MY WaY on the HIGHWAY

Last edited by 580/556 ZL1; 12-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.
580/556 ZL1 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #274
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.
 
United_727's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1LT RS /'00 Z28 (RIP) :-(
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,004
At 42 he certainly should have known better.
United_727 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #275
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
At 42 he certainly should have known better.
He's 42 and lives in a trailer in a mobile home park full-time. Good life choices aren't his forte.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.