Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #256
Hellfighter

 
Hellfighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sugar Land/Texas
Posts: 1,873
Here is what they posted on the google review.

F.S. C.
in the last week
THE FOLLOWING REVIEWS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECEIVED FALSE INFORMATION AND HAVE NO CONNECTION TO OUR BUSINESS: Scott Applegate, Bob John, Hunter Hall, Mark IM, Allememl, Jason Churchill, Russ Fox, Yong Sin, Charles Trauscht, AnAngryPillock, Jacob Pfaff, Monica Acken, Fearxlink, Frank Roche, Lumbre1969, Derke Kraese.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st+...=UTF-8#lrd=lrd

Kinda made me giggle.
__________________
Hellfighter is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #257
eymang
 
eymang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 397
I would like to see a copy of the police report posted here.
eymang is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #258
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,497
Car is in their property and they are responsable until the customer picks up the car and close the RO. They are at fault.
__________________
[B][COLOR=Blue] 10.73 @ 127.03 N/A
62nalide is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #259
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff
 
L36L72LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey
Posts: 414
I've heard from a few on this forum and two others that they are going to surprise the dealer with a few dozen Camaros after the holidays with signs and banners to bring attention to the dealers screw up.
L36L72LS3 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #260
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 264
the dealer put their Facebook page back up! lol...I left them a nice fb review
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #261
Jrd1317
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
Jrd1317 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #262
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrd1317 View Post
Here are the facts of this unfortunate event from a source close to the situation. On Sunday December 15th an employee of the dealership entered the locked building on a day when the dealer was closed. He took it upon himself to get the keys to the Camaro ZL1 with absolutely no authorization to be in the building on a non-working day. He takes the car out and subsequently wrecks the car which ends up being deemed a total loss later in the week. The State Police are on site and write their citations etc. not some municipality. Dealer notifies customer of the accident Monday morning the 16th. Insurance companies are immediately involved as is standard practice in any accident. Both the dealer and customer meet with State Police on Wed night the 18th to discuss situation and charges which could be filed. Police tell parties that most the employee could be charged with was unauthorized use but that probably would not stick and later a judge confirms this. The insurance companies involved must hash it out before any settlement can possibly be reached. Meanwhile the OP has done everything in their power to drag the dealer through the mud during this whole time. Newspapers have been called, this thread posted with some untruths and persons attacking the dealer in reviews and media with no real knowledge of the event. In fact the op has been in a dealer car when the Camaro was dropped off for paint concern and remains in the dealer car today free of charge. It is concerning that individuals would attack the dealer with no firsthand knowledge of what has happened. The only one who posted here and bothered to research the facts gen=5 has a good handle on what is happening. The insurance companies need to do their thing before anything else happens, plain and simple. How we deal with adversity defines us.
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #263
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,114
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, authorized or not, stole and wrecked a customers car. I don't care if untruths or half truths were told by the Customer. The dealer could have handled this better. And the dealer shouldn't have waited until Monday. They should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew what happened. Not lawyered up over the weekend with their retained attorney and waited until the next business day. That is some SHADY SHIT.

It WAS the dealers employee. The dealer didn't secure the keys or the car properly on a non-work day. It's the dealers liability. The dealer can go after the employee, and maybe get some of that loss back, but if they make it right, they'll have made a customer happy, and (maybe more importantly) an entire internet community.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #264
BHamm
 
BHamm's Avatar
 
Drives: Sierra 2500HD Denali, 14 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Roseville, California
Posts: 90
First post! Welcome....
__________________
As Dustin Hoffman's character in Papillon, Louis Dega, said, "Temptation resisted is a true measure of character."
BHamm is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #265
Padre
Only drives on Sundays
 
Padre's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 2SS/RS, Black/Inferno, L99 A6
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 2,416
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre
__________________

The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
Padre is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #266
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say now that the dealer is following this thread.

Padre
Hopefully they read every last word of it too!
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #267
Brownster
 
Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NE N.C.
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Simple solution:
1. The dealer rushes an identical NEW ZL1 order in the customers name.
2. Dealer provides customer with new ZL1.
3. Customer signs an agreement that any insurance settlement $$ be reimbursed to the dealer.

Dealer loses $20K max on the deal, while all of the haters and lost sales go away because they did the right thing when their employee, authorized or not, stole and wrecked a customers car. I don't care if untruths or half truths were told by the Customer. The dealer could have handled this better. And the dealer shouldn't have waited until Monday. They should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew what happened. Not lawyered up over the weekend with their retained attorney and waited until the next business day. That is some SHADY SHIT.


It WAS the dealers employee. The dealer didn't secure the keys or the car properly on a non-work day. It's the dealers liability. The dealer can go after the employee, and maybe get some of that loss back, but if they make it right, they'll have made a customer happy, and (maybe more importantly) an entire internet community.
I agree,Dealer should take the high road,legal issues notwithstanding.
Brownster is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #268
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 264
quote from First State Chevrolets Homepage, I cant believe they put it right there on the first page. http://www.firststatechevy.com/

Recently 1st State Chevrolet had an employee enter the dealership on Sunday December 15th and take a customer's Camaro without authorization and subsequently totaled the customer's car in an accident. Our Business is closed on Sundays and was locked as is usual procedure. The employee acted on his own in this unfortunate event. This is an awful situation for both the customer and the dealership to deal with. We have been in contact with the customer and apologized for this situation at length. Both parties' insurance companies are working to handle this claim in a satisfactory manner. Hopefully this situation will be settled in the very near future.

-Robert L. Hansen
President 1st State Chevrolet
__________________

Last edited by cdjnight; 12-24-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added link
cdjnight is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #269
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
I agree,Dealer should take the high road,legal issues notwithstanding.
Exactly. It may be a reasonable and prudent decision for the dealer to just let the insurance companies handle it...After all, that's WHY the dealer has insurance. HOWEVER, the dealer isn't very business savvy if they're not going to get ahead of the destructive internet hate by making it right before the insurance companies work it out. They'll lose at least their potential loss in sales and bad press before the insurance companies come to a deal, which could be 6 months out, especially if lawyers are involved. I don't see the downside to the dealer biting the bullet and trying to reclaim the losses through insurance and suing their employee.

$10 says they hired an employee with prior felonies and gave him unfettered access to hundreds of thousands of dollars in customer cars and parts....That's not going to look good when it comes up...Just sayin.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #270
Ryanbabz71


 
Ryanbabz71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Avon, Indiana
Posts: 4,401
How does unauthorized use not stick? He stole a vehicle. Makes no sense why the police will not pursue.


Ryan
__________________
Ryan
* 2012 2SS Camaro Convertible Ashen Gray
Car Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256
Ryanbabz71 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #271
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly
 
Devryn17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coolidge, AZ
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
How does unauthorized use not stick? He stole a vehicle. Makes no sense why the police will not pursue.


Ryan
I think the OP said something about being "outsiders" in their small town.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, CGM w/ silver stripes. Hurst Shifter, long tube headers, full exhaust, CAI, tune. SAE 407 RWHP/402 RWTQ

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline  
Old 12-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #272
cdjnight
 
cdjnight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 264
http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p...-wreck/1093942

I think this is the dude that crashed the car

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...440834&fref=ts
__________________
cdjnight is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.