Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #239
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
He's owed a same optioned, same condition, same mileage or lower zl1. Or the cost of replacement.

The circumstances and back story of this incident are disturbing, but that doesn't change what he is owed.

Just as if it was an accident caused my someone else, he's owned a replacement or payment.

If you go wreck a 2011 car, no insurance company is replacing it with a 2014

And what he traded in for this car is irrelevant.

I wish OP best of luck but personally I would be handling it a lot differently.
By the rules of an insurance company maybe.

But when you trust a dealer to take care of a car when it is being serviced the rules change.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #240
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
All the reviews besides ours are fake lol. They are from anonymous people. I thought that was really funny.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #241
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post

But when you trust a dealer to take care of a car when it is being serviced the rules change.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #242
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post

I certainly agree. I think there is a difference to what he's legally owed and what the dealership should offer. But it doesn't seem they are taking the ownership or the high road
Old 12-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #243
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
the employee might be in a lot of big trouble... he was off the clock and not working at the time of his joyride... so he by himself premeditated to go into the dealership and proceeded to hijack this car from the dealership.. so imho the complaint is throught the dealership for not mantaining the security of the vehicle but i also believe that the employee could be personally responsible to the victim and the dealership... if he was working at the time of the incident then the dealership would be soley to blame but as this person was acting alone and on his own time it might just be on a personall deal... either way id lawyer up to see how the law would break this all down... its complicated for sure....
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
Old 12-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #244
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
You can believe the dealer if you want, but here is what happened this morning. I met with the dealer this morning. He offered 1 car with a sunroof and I did not WANT a sunroof. AND he did not offer to replace the car, he offered to sell me the car at full sticker price.

There was no offer of a 2nd car, so I don't know what he is talking about.

The dealer made it clear he was not offering me anything beyond what my car was worth according to the insurance value. AND I will have to buy the car from him--FAT CHANCE. All he is doing is trying to locate a car--he has no intention of REPLACING the vehicle.

The dealer STILL has not offered insurance information.

There was also a passenger in the car--a friend of the service writer. The dealer refuses to give us any information on the passenger, including his name. We are worried this unknown guy will come back and try to sue us for injuries.

I walked out when the owner of the dealership called me a prick.

Thanks so much for all the support here, guys. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the dealer is not being honest with whomever called him.
Continuing ANY discussion with anyone but a lawyer is asking for trouble. I'd stop posting here as well until you have a consultation. They could counter sue you for slander / libel.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #245
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
OP, I have to agree with BriteCrawler.

I wouldn't post anything else on the forum until you speak to a lawyer or get the situation resolved. Anything said on here could be used against you in a court of law.

Your lawyer will most likely recommend filing suit against the employee for damages, and since he was employed by the dealer, they will probably be liable for his mistakes.

I haven't freshened up on my business law, but I'm fairly certain this isn't the first time something like this has happened at a dealership.

Best of luck to you OP.

Nick C.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #246
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Sorry if posted but was not about to read 10mpages but I have 1 question to OP.
This happened on the 15th and 5 days later your then asking questions on what to do.
Get a freaking lawyer.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #247
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjnight View Post
Dealer should have give him the 13 vert sitting on their lot. Then part out the wrecked one and claim the rest as a loss. By the time his accountant was finished with it for the 2013 tax season he'd never even seen the loss. And he'd saved face and kept his insurance record good. The dealership is an absolute idiot for letting a service writer even have after hours access to this stuff in the first place and if I owned the place I'd probably fired the service manager too for giving the writer access after hours. Just my two cents. Doing good business involves learning from your mistakes and looking at the bigger picture. I don't think they are looking at anything but trying to save a buck!
Ok i have spoken to the OP under the state law neither he or the dealer can get the car back unless they have a salvage lic.So its not as simple as that,or as some of you guys really think it is,this is a p.i.a for both sides..the OP is not allowed to even buy the car back,unlike the great state of Texas where i have done this on a totaled car of my own through no fault of my own...
Old 12-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #248
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
OP, I have to agree with BriteCrawler.

I wouldn't post anything else on the forum until you speak to a lawyer or get the situation resolved. Anything said on here could be used against you in a court of law.

Your lawyer will most likely recommend filing suit against the employee for damages, and since he was employed by the dealer, they will probably be liable for his mistakes.

I haven't freshened up on my business law, but I'm fairly certain this isn't the first time something like this has happened at a dealership.

Best of luck to you OP.

Nick C.
Yup. this is the only thing left to say on this one.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #249
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Early on in this thread he said he traded in a mint 67 camaro and another car for it. Leads me to believe that he bought it outright.
No some of you guys need to re-read my posting back on page 6 i think,he did not own it out right,and the insurance companys are already dealing with this,plus by continuing to piss off the dealer all that is going to happen is that they are going to be willing to help less,this is a simple insurance loss,and the dealer has agree to cover any loss he might have between the value of his car/the payout and the cost of a replacement ZL1...so I am not sure why everyone want to try to continue to try to make it harder for him at this point...there is nothing he can do because of the state law he and the dealer have both told me that they can not press charges either(both have tried) because the thief worked there and had the keys to the building and the car when the joy ride happened..all of that was pretty much agreed before this posting was started from my understanding of it,but it came down to him wanting a new car,and thats when he went on line talking about this,when the dealer would only help with a replacement of the same yr model,not a new one..if it was me I would take the used one,why not ? its just as good as a new one if its got 5k miles or less on it correct ? warranty is still good till what 50k ? 5yrs correct ? so why not take it...I hope the best for both sides,merry XMAS
Old 12-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #250
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Lawyer up and let them deal with the situation. After it has been dealt with I would make sure that the entire world wide web knew of my experience, but only after your lawyer gets things handled
Old 12-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #251
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
I would say to QUOTE WORD FOR WORD the CONTRACT you signed and see what they put as far as damages go. NO ONE reads the fine print but they might have put something to cover to butts..

(Quoting the fine print I mean which refers to vehicles in the possession of the shop)

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #252
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcop20 View Post
There is something totally wrong with this post. As a retired police officer none of this rings true. (Joined Dec. 2013.. 4 post.before this one ???) what insurance company would tell thier client they could not get info..BS I've got State Farm and they are like PIT BULLS ( I am covered they go after the suspect like a fresh bone) The police would investigate all aspects of the complaint...was a driver apprehended on scene after the ACCIDENT etc etc. ask all the questions to each of the posters points and I personally don't like how it pans out BUT hell ANYTHING is possible...just not like THIS
yes that's what i am saying,and the dealer said that all the insurance info was turned over,and i believe that,plus your right any insurance company IS GOING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE DEALERS INSURANCE AS ITS A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD,ALL IT HAS TO DO IS GET THE POLICE REPORT,AND FILE,it does not need to wait for either party to turn over the info,plus the dealer does not have to deal direct with the OP,just the OP's insurance company...

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1