Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #393
29er

 
29er's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,492
unreal.. i'm lost for words seeing this. wouldn't want to live that at all..
hope for him he gets a new Z
29er is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #394
I call it Vera
 
Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Yep, aside from saying it was a 2011, it was a nice little summation of the story and I like the fact that they couldn't get the actual owner on the phone and they had to talk to the owners son.
I missed it. Anyway to watch it again?
I call it Vera is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #395
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?
 
G-Oil Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 6,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
I missed it. Anyway to watch it again?
I'm looking through the website. It doesn't appear to be on the website just yet.

the link is: www.nbcphiladelphia.com
__________________
FOR SALE: 2013 ZL1 Message me if interested
G-Oil Guy is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #396
jdarc1
 
jdarc1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florham Park NJ
Posts: 40
Unfortunately gen =5 is correct. I had a similar situation with a valuable item in for repairs at a very prestigious facility. One of their employees went in at night after hours and robbed the place along with everyone items. I had to go through my insurance company to get reimbursed and my ins. Company went after the establishments ins.company. I only got what my item was worth at the time of the theft. Nothing more or less. I know it sucks but its the truth. Actually I was not entitled to anything more. I was made whole. The original op is only entitled to be made whole again for what his vehicle was worth at the time of the incident. It does suck but its a reality. Now the dealership as a good gesture should work with him to get him back to where he was but its not mandatory.
jdarc1 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #397
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarc1 View Post
Unfortunately gen =5 is correct. I had a similar situation with a valuable item in for repairs at a very prestigious facility. One of their employees went in at night after hours and robbed the place along with everyone items. I had to go through my insurance company to get reimbursed and my ins. Company went after the establishments ins.company. I only got what my item was worth at the time of the theft. Nothing more or less. I know it sucks but its the truth. Actually I was not entitled to anything more. I was made whole. The original op is only entitled to be made whole again for what his vehicle was worth at the time of the incident. It does suck but its a reality. Now the dealership as a good gesture should work with him to get him back to where he was but its not mandatory.
You know, when you put it in those terms, I still think the OP only gets made whole with a new car.

Let me put it like this, now that you phrase it this way. If I had my Rolex, which I purchased new, in for repairs and it disappeared, I would not accept so called "market value" or a replacement used watch. I would take exactly and only a new equivalent.


That being stated, we're sitting here thinking that a new ZL1 will cost the dealership some unimaginable amount of money over what the insurance payout will be. Wrong, it wouldn't cost them that much. They wouldn't pay a sales commission on it and they would be paying actual cost on it. So basically they are being putzes by not just saying they'll take care of it.

Doesn't matter that much to me. I'll probably never be in a position to buy from that dealership as I probably won't live anywhere near there for no other reason than just because. But you never know what jobs might come my way. However, I'm sure this will end up costing them some business from members on this forum that will buy a car in that area at some point in the future and will drive a little further to go to another dealership.

Sorry I missed the live stream. Hopefully it will be up on the news' site soon for viewing.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #398
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Ok, I'm sorry, but is anyone else seeing an advertisement for 1st State Chevrolet on the NBC10 website?
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #399
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,343
How much is a used ZL1 worth though? I would think they could work a deal out on a new 2013 ZL1 at least.
Q'smuscle is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #400
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?
 
G-Oil Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 6,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Ok, I'm sorry, but is anyone else seeing an advertisement for 1st State Chevrolet on the NBC10 website?
I didn't see it
__________________
FOR SALE: 2013 ZL1 Message me if interested
G-Oil Guy is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #401
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
How much is a used ZL1 worth though? I would think they could work a deal out on a new 2013 ZL1 at least.
That's what I'm getting at. I don't really know how insurance wants to value the car. But I think from what I've seen that low mileage 2012 ZL1s have been selling at/near/possibly below invoice on new ones. They seemed to have held a little value in this short term. So I'm saying, there shouldn't be that much difference between the insurance payout and the actual dealer cost on a new one. I mean if that dealer is going to drag his own name through the mud over $500 then that's his problem.
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #402
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
That's what I'm getting at. I don't really know how insurance wants to value the car. But I think from what I've seen that low mileage 2012 ZL1s have been selling at/near/possibly below invoice on new ones. They seemed to have held a little value in this short term. So I'm saying, there shouldn't be that much difference between the insurance payout and the actual dealer cost on a new one. I mean if that dealer is going to drag his own name through the mud over $500 then that's his problem.
Yea, I'm thinking the dealer will probably have to give up just a couple of thousands more to get a new 12 or 13 ZL1 for the OP.
Q'smuscle is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #403
Jay_LHD3

 
Jay_LHD3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Fiesta
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 2,132
I caught the news feed. I had to have my sister in Philly record it and I watched it via Facetime on the phone. The story is even sadder when you can put a face to the victim.

Jay_LHD3 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #404
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,700
Looks like their facebook is back up.

https://www.facebook.com/firststatechevrolet
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #405
heymatt

 
heymatt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tequesta, Fl.
Posts: 781
My, local KBB price retail 2012 ZL1 with 10k miles, just under $53k.
__________________
LS3/M6 K&N, VMAX throttle body, RX Catch Can, skip shift eliminator, DT shorties and Solo HFC, DRL harness and 5K LED DRL, ZL1 rear sway, 1LE front sway

Last edited by heymatt; 12-27-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Location
heymatt is offline  
Old 12-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #406
2011ss/rs

 
2011ss/rs's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Egg Harbor New Jersey
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
What channel was this on ?
__________________
2011ss/rs is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.