Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #151
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
it would be a good time to start emailing them on their normal web site
Old 12-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #152
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post
I'll be honest, I didn't believe a single word of this until their facebook page got deleted.
I dont know why, but glad you're on board now

Quote:

Forgot to ask:
Did you own this car outright, or does someone have a lien on it? It's in their interest to get this resolved too.
That's a good point for the OP. If you owe on the car, then the bank might have interest here and they might be a little bigger heavy hitter than you. Plus, I'd definitely have my insurance company all over it, if you have a good insurance company that is. And lawyer
Old 12-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #153
cdjnight

im amazed that they have already posted for a service writer job on their web site
Old 12-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #154
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Done

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #155
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
I'll be honest, I didn't believe a single word of this until their facebook page got deleted.

I'm still scratching my head as to why you don't have a lawyer involved. EVERY lawyer I know would chomp at the bit to take payment after settlement on this case, as it is 100% winnable and pretty much open and shut. You left your property in someone else's care where it was destroyed.

I also don't buy that you can't press charges. If not against the dealer, against the service writer. As you've mentioned, they don't have anything you signed waiving liability or implying they needed to test drive your car.

My lawyer gives free consultations. I can guarantee you some good ones in your state do too.

Source: I'm a small business owner. There's no way they're not liable.

Forgot to ask:
Did you own this car outright, or does someone have a lien on it? It's in their interest to get this resolved too.

PM "Chevrolet Customer Svc". I know for a fact they have made calls to dealerships on behalf of members on this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I dont know why, but glad you're on board now

That's a good point for the OP. If you owe on the car, then the bank might have interest here and they might be a little bigger heavy hitter than you. Plus, I'd definitely have my insurance company all over it, if you have a good insurance company that is. And lawyer
Early on in this thread he said he traded in a mint 67 camaro and another car for it. Leads me to believe that he bought it outright.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #156
cdjnight

Their web page has a link to all the normal social media sites twitter, fb, instagram, etc...
Old 12-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #157
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
If anyone is on Modern Camaro or other Camaro forums this should be posted there.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #158
cdjnight

Looking online this dealer is best buds with http://www.beachcomberscorvetteclub.org/#!__contacts
If someone could reach out to our brothers and sisters with their local clubs to put a little pressure on the two owners of this dealership to step up and put this guy in a new ZL1.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #159
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

I'm posting this on Modern Camaro as we speak.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #160
cdjnight

bhansen@1ststatechevy.com, leeturek@1ststatechevy.com, lmears@1ststatechevy.com, rpaugh@1ststatechevy.com This should be co-owner, co-owner service manager and collision mangers in order
Old 12-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #161
cdjnight

This is only ZL1 on their lot I think it would make a good substitute for this guys troubles.

http://www.firststatechevy.com/Vehic...-DE/1958269513
Old 12-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #162
Baer383

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray
Just did it now

MODS, a lot of money,a lot of parts,a lot of time,a lot of patience.

754 RWHP 747 RWTQ 93 Octane
Old 12-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #163
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ca...tml#post595954
Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #164
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ca...tml#post595954
Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #165
BrunSS

Drives: VR ZL 1
Wow the Car Looks awful After the accident
Old 12-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #166
Fast92RS

Drives: 2013 Zl1
done
Old 12-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #167
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Update OP?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #168
SS4life

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Camaro
Done
Old 12-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #169
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '11 1LT RS /'00 Z28 (RIP) :-(
As a dealership employee and Camaro owner,this story makes me sick .
Old 12-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #170
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Not sure why they are still showing 4.5 stars..??? I saw 7 one-star reviews followed by the 15 five-star reviews. That averages out to 3.7 stars?

Hope things work out for you. The dealership could have been the hero here by just replacing your car no questions asked. I'm sure their premium might have gone up a little, but just imagine all the good press it would have gotten on social media. I'm sure the additional business would have covered that insurance increase. Unfortunately, they decided otherwise and are now getting what they deserve.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #171
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
done
Old 12-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #172
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I know i have been one of those shouting to help the OP,so i thought someone should look deeper into it.So I asked a friend from a local paper to call the dealer,and he spoke to the owner of the dealer..
Here is the story from the other side,and what is really happening behind the computer keys of the OP...
Yes the car was taken and it has been totaled..NO under state law no charges can be filed,as even the owner of the dealer himself went down to the State Police and was told that under the state law because he was a employee ,and had the keys when he enter the building,as well as the keys to the car,no charges can be filed,THATS THE LAW...
The dealer has fired the employee,and past on all of his info if the OP wants to sue him which is his only course of action .
Now as far as the dealer,not calling him till the next day it was because it was the next business day since it happened on a closed weekend..Also the dealer took the time to contact their insurance,etc..The dealer stated that he turned over everything to his insurance company and advised that the OP do the same thing to his own insurance company.. Both insurance company's are working this out between themselves ,which is normal. Its the 2 insurance companys that determine who is at fault and who covers it,thats normal operational standard for any company.
Now back to who said what and who is willing to do what .The dealer has stated that there is plenty of equity in the car to help replace it...Neither of the insurance company's have determined the value yet.So the OP went on the web stating all of this before there has even been a offer of settlement from them or he knows how much out of pocket he could be to replace it..
The owner of the dealer personal went on the web before a insurance settlement has been offered and located a 2012 ZL1 with less mile and more options,plus offered to cover any out of pocket expenses to try to make sure the op will not have to pay anything..The OP turn down this offer,the dealer located other low mile mint ZL1 of the same yr,and the OP turned it down..The OP has made it clear that he only wants a brand new ZL1 given to him,with no out pocket expense to himself...
The op and the dealer met this morning,and the owner tried to work it out,but the op seems to think that the only fair settlement would be to be given a new car..
I stand behind the OP to a point,and i also see the dealers side of it..The dealer would have to sell 4 to 6 ZL1's to cover the cost of giving him a 2014 ZL1 less the settlement..
Did the dealer give the ok for the thief to steal and drive his car,NO..so the person who caused this should have to pay the difference by being sued for it,in court like any other business dealing.Its the thief that should be outed by all of this not so much the dealer.
I think if the op gets the same thing he had and there is little or no cost to him,plus the car is better optioned its fair..There are way too many people that try to take advance of someone else's miss fortune
I know the OP may feel that he doesn't want a car someone else drove first,or he wants that new car smell,and as a car lover i understand that..If that's the case why not take the settlement,what the dealer is offering and just pay the difference your self then..
Anyway the dealer has agreed to help,and stated the op went on line after he was offered help,but it was not to his liking,and some lies have been told..The dealer will go on line and explain their side of this next week..I look forward to reading it,as i am sure the rest of us do also.As yes there is 2 sides to every story ! I hope that the phone call helps get this settled and both sides realize its in the best interest of both parties to give in a little.
I have gotten to the bottom of this,as best as anyone else can,and wish both sides good luck ,merry xmas and a happy new yr..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
Old 12-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #173
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Hey I have looked a little deeper into this I posted what i found out today in the OP's thread about his ZL1,I had a friend from the local paper call the dealer,and the dealer offered another car to the OP,with more options,and the dealer tried to file charges after firing the thief,but under state law since he had the keys no charges can be filed..I now feel for both sides of this after hearing the dealers side..its a nightmare for the owner of the dealership as well. merry Xmas
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346589 CHECK OUT THE BUILDING OF MY RANCH FOR DISABLED VETS, COMPLETE WITH A GUN RANGE &, PAINT BALL COURSE coming...garage for car shows,and a workout & rehab center hopfull
Old 12-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #174
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Hey I have looked a little deeper into this I posted what i found out today in the OP's thread about his ZL1,I had a friend from the local paper call the dealer,and the dealer offered another car to the OP,with more options,and the dealer tried to file charges after firing the thief,but under state law since he had the keys no charges can be filed..I now feel for both sides of this after hearing the dealers side..its a nightmare for the owner of the dealership as well. merry Xmas
That sucks they can't file charges. Where I'm at they wouldn't be able to do grand theft auto, that I'm aware of, but there is an improper use or unauthorized use or something for just these cases. Say you have access to a work van during the week and then joy ride on Friday night and total it, that's how they can get you down here.

Doesn't carry near as much weight as grand theft, but at least it's something on their record.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #175
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I know i have been one of those shouting to help the OP,so i thought someone should look deeper into it.So I asked a friend from a local paper to call the dealer,and he spoke to the owner of the dealer..
Here is the story from the other side,and what is really happening behind the computer keys of the OP...
Yes the car was taken and it has been totaled..NO under state law no charges can be filed,as even the owner of the dealer himself went down to the State Police and was told that under the state law because he was a employee ,and had the keys when he enter the building,as well as the keys to the car,no charges can be filed,THATS THE LAW...
The dealer has fired the employee,and past on all of his info if the OP wants to sue him which is his only course of action .
Now as far as the dealer,not calling him till the next day it was because it was the next business day since it happened on a closed weekend..Also the dealer took the time to contact their insurance,etc..The dealer stated that he turned over everything to his insurance company and advised that the OP do the same thing to his own insurance company.. Both insurance company's are working this out between themselves ,which is normal. Its the 2 insurance companys that determine who is at fault and who covers it,thats normal operational standard for any company.
Now back to who said what and who is willing to do what .The dealer has stated that there is plenty of equity in the car to help replace it...Neither of the insurance company's have determined the value yet.So the OP went on the web stating all of this before there has even been a offer of settlement from them or he knows how much out of pocket he could be to replace it..
The owner of the dealer personal went on the web before a insurance settlement has been offered and located a 2012 ZL1 with less mile and more options,plus offered to cover any out of pocket expenses to try to make sure the op will not have to pay anything..The OP turn down this offer,the dealer located other low mile mint ZL1 of the same yr,and the OP turned it down..The OP has made it clear that he only wants a brand new ZL1 given to him,with no out pocket expense to himself...
The op and the dealer met this morning,and the owner tried to work it out,but the op seems to think that the only fair settlement would be to be given a new car..
I stand behind the OP to a point,and i also see the dealers side of it..The dealer would have to sell 4 to 6 ZL1's to cover the cost of giving him a 2014 ZL1 less the settlement..
Did the dealer give the ok for the thief to steal and drive his car,NO..so the person who caused this should have to pay the difference by being sued for it,in court like any other business dealing.Its the thief that should be outed by all of this not so much the dealer.
I think if the op gets the same thing he had and there is little or no cost to him,plus the car is better optioned its fair..There are way too many people that try to take advance of someone else's miss fortune
I know the OP may feel that he doesn't want a car someone else drove first,or he wants that new car smell,and as a car lover i understand that..If that's the case why not take the settlement,what the dealer is offering and just pay the difference your self then..
Anyway the dealer has agreed to help,and stated the op went on line after he was offered help,but it was not to his liking,and some lies have been told..The dealer will go on line and explain their side of this next week..I look forward to reading it,as i am sure the rest of us do also.As yes there is 2 sides to every story ! I hope that the phone call helps get this settled and both sides realize its in the best interest of both parties to give in a little.
I have gotten to the bottom of this,as best as anyone else can,and wish both sides good luck ,merry xmas and a happy new yr..

I'm sticking with everyone elses PR assesment besides your employee wrecks this guys car that he worked hard hours and paid good money to put himself in a position to get and you go and offer him a used ZL1. I get the owner probably thought this was going to maybe work and if it had i'd feel bad for the OP because a used ZL1 is exactly that Used and despite what some dealers say about inspecting their used inventory thoroughly anyone who's dealt with a used car dealership always finds something they missed. Get him his new damn ZL1 your employee did this make it right and the PR you'll get will make it all go away both socially and financially.

Now i'm not saying i'd turn a ZL1 down i'm in an LS but how many ZL1 owners would take the offer given by the owner in this situation when it takes a phone call and about 20mins in front of a computer to solve the problem and make it right.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1