Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
WhiteOut13
Phantom Menace

Drives: '13 Summit White Camaro
Talking ZL1 Light Install Questions (DRL's and fogs)

So I am going to be doing the ZL1 conversion very soon but I never had fogs installed on my LS. I have the actual DRL's but no harness or wiring whatsoever. I've tried to look up what I need to get this to work, but there was a lot of confusion.

So far I know I need these parts for the lights:

#22895338 Right Bezel
#22895339 Left Bezel
#22831436 DRL's (top) x2
#20957334 DRL Retainer (need 2)
#10335108 Fog lights (bottom) x2

But what harness will make the 2 sets of lights work? And how do I go about making them LED's/6000K? and not just halogens bulbs

They have this ZL1 harness for the lights from Chevy, but would that mean that I need two of these? #22840497
*On a side note, how would I control both lights with this harness if I don't have the switch built in from stock, or does the computer regulate the DRL's to work in the day and my fogs to work with my headlights

I've tried to dig up as much as I can find but I've hit a bit of a wall. Any and all help would be great
WhiteOut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
C-redfly

Drives: 2012 completely Red Camaro
I also have a ls. I got the harness from Ofer(2ssrs) to make them come on with a switch I ran into the cabin. If you have the factory ZL1 harness that goes on the bumper and plugs into the lights, Over's harness will plug right into it. You can choose if you want to control it with a switch or have them on when the cars on. I did the RS light conversion also so I got my fogs/Drl's as my day time running lights and at night or dark places the headlights automatically come on and the fogs/Drl's shut off.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Attached Images

C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
WhiteOut13
Phantom Menace

So, in your case, you didn't get the ZL1 harness. You got a harness from Ofer, that enables both the DRL's AND fogs to come on?

Also what kind of bulbs are you using on your DRL's and fogs? Love that color. 6000K?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
I also have a ls. I got the harness from Ofer(2ssrs) to make them come on with a switch I ran into the cabin. If you have the factory ZL1 harness that goes on the bumper and plugs into the lights, Over's harness will plug right into it. You can choose if you want to control it with a switch or have them on when the cars on. I did the RS light conversion also so I got my fogs/Drl's as my day time running lights and at night or dark places the headlights automatically come on and the fogs/Drl's shut off.

What bulbs to get true white? Would it match AAC white halos?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
C-redfly

I got the LEDS from eBay, I got the fogs and Drl's from the same place so they would match. I'm not sure about matching the aac halos. I don't run mine with the halos or headlights, too much lights for my taste.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
C-redfly

Do this also if you want the RS headlight look, meaning your amber turn signal lights will only come on when you signal and not all the time like they do now.

Attached Images

Old 12-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
WhiteOut13
Phantom Menace

Quite the interesting convo... haha

A pm to Ofer has actually helped me figure out more than I knew when I started this.

And actually that last post was very helpful, I've been looking to do that for quite some time, just never found the thread
Old 01-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #8
C-redfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut13 View Post
Quite the interesting convo... haha

A pm to Ofer has actually helped me figure out more than I knew when I started this.

And actually that last post was very helpful, I've been looking to do that for quite some time, just never found the thread
Great, Ofer is very informative and helpful. I would be lost without camaro5. I've learned a lot on here.

Tags
conversion, fogs, harness, lights, zl1