Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #101
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I normally go to shows around town and might be at Dallas cars and coffee this weekend as we'll. I will be joining caravan to Camaro fest in Houston and cruising into Baytown. I will be in Houston having some things done at ACC oracle on Wed and Thursday prior to meeting. Be sure to say hi
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #102
CamaroI

Had QTP cutouts installed this past week and loving it!! Was aggressive sounding before now just sounds NASTY!!

Don't have much of a pic but just a teaser along with sound clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #103
CamaroI

Upper Fender covers

Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #104
CamaroI

APR splitter arrived and will be putting on prior to fest

Old 04-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #105
CamaroI

Whew lots of posts on updates

So with new QTP installed and demon eyes needed to install a new switch plate. The nos is for my cutouts and thought this would be easier placement than inside my center console. It's on a momentary switch and right at my finger tips. Demon eye switch also added.

Finally got all my lighting back up and running for fest. A little more tweaks coming but turning out great. All controlled with Night Owl

Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #106
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Amazing what you are doing with your ride! Luv the mods! I need to hear how those cutouts sound. Can you post a vid when you have time??
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #107
D.E.A.L.'s Camaro2011

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Your car looks awesome!

Thumbs up
Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #108
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Amazing what you are doing with your ride! Luv the mods! I need to hear how those cutouts sound. Can you post a vid when you have time??

Thanks rjdapilmoto!! The cutouts are amazing!! Just the option to have open or closed is worth every penny.
Will post a sound video here in a bit

Old 04-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #109
CamaroI

Quick sound link I did when first got had QTP installed. Trust me TONS louder in person!! Will get a better sound clip up soon. Let me know what ya think.

Right when video starts is how car sounds with magna flow long tubes and headers. Sorry video so short

http://youtu.be/9taYiNYzD9Y

Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #110
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.E.A.L.'s Camaro2011 View Post
Your car looks awesome!

Thumbs up
Thanks D.E.A.L.'s its been a work in progress. Will have a new hood coming soon this coming week so stay tune
Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #111
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Man... I keep on going and going over your build.. I love everything you did to your Camaro!

Very detail oriented, beautiful and good quality mods, that makes sense...I love it!!!

So I would say this is it... its done, mission complete... but could be wrong, because there is always something else , so may I ask whats next?

Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #112
rjdapilmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Quick sound link I did when first got had QTP installed. Trust me TONS louder in person!! Will get a better sound clip up soon. Let me know what ya think.

Right when video starts is how car sounds with magna flow long tubes and headers. Sorry video so short

http://youtu.be/9taYiNYzD9Y

Sounds awesome, Gary! I will have to hear it in person at the Fest. Man, it's just a few weeks away! Where you staying at? I'll be at the Baymont Inn.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #113
CamaroI

I had a reservation at Baymont Inn but changed over to Comfort Suites when found out Baymont room was smoking room. Comfort is right next door though. Have much to do still prior to fest. Will be good to finally meet everyone!!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #114
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Man... I keep on going and going over your build.. I love everything you did to your Camaro!

Very detail oriented, beautiful and good quality mods, that makes sense...I love it!!!

So I would say this is it... its done, mission complete... but could be wrong, because there is always something else , so may I ask whats next?

That means a lot Goran. Thanks for the nice compliments. I have always wanted the car to look aggressive but clean. Most of the time people have no idea what's on the car unless it's opened up or turned on.

This coming week getting the new hood installed. While I'm down in Houston stoping off at AAC to possibly talk lighting for upcoming sound system and purchased high out out reverse lights. While in Houston having my SLP boost gauge installed.

As for distant future this year or next will start with audio and video type mods. Thought about getting some focal door speakers this weekend but might hold off cause want something custom done.

Later this summer also toying with the idea of getting Gary's dual fender setup instead of the ACS cutouts.

Definitely stay tune

Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #115
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: un Camaro con motor alterado.
Quote:
APR splitter arrived and will be putting on prior to fest

Sweet!

Do you plan on putting the rods on or leaving them off?

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #116
CamaroI

After speaking with Sickness and how his is mounted without rods in going to leave them off. In a nut shell bolting the Apr splitter to all 15-20 bolts underneath holding zl1 grill on. This should give it enough support at least I hope so. I don't plan on drag racing and not a daily driver. Sickness bolted his up this way and states extremely solid. Keeping my fingers crossed

Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #117
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: un Camaro con motor alterado.
Quote:
After speaking with Sickness and how his is mounted without rods in going to leave them off. In a nut shell bolting the Apr splitter to all 15-20 bolts underneath holding zl1 grill on. This should give it enough support at least I hope so. I don't plan on drag racing and not a daily driver. Sickness bolted his up this way and states extremely solid. Keeping my fingers crossed

I havent counted the amount of bolts but it did have a lot inside the bag. I had a seibon carbon fiber lip on my ss bumper and I put about 10 bolts across the bumper with no tie rods. But then again it was a hard lip that had no flex at at and this one flexes quite a bit. What I might do is put a gopro camera pointing down to lip and see how much it flexes while driving through the wifi feature. If its flexing too much then I'll just pull over and take it off to install rods. I just dont want to put any other part on my car in jeopardy.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #118
A_DILLA
WHTNGHT ZLS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Looks good bro congrats on the COTW

TO VIEW MY JOURNEY CLICK BELOW --> COTW 09/22/2014 <--
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...12#post7909512
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #119
CamaroI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
I havent counted the amount of bolts but it did have a lot inside the bag. I had a seibon carbon fiber lip on my ss bumper and I put about 10 bolts across the bumper with no tie rods. But then again it was a hard lip that had no flex at at and this one flexes quite a bit. What I might do is put a gopro camera pointing down to lip and see how much it flexes while driving through the wifi feature. If its flexing too much then I'll just pull over and take it off to install rods. I just dont want to put any other part on my car in jeopardy.
I have a Go Pro as well and might not be a bad idea. I really think with all the bolts attached underneath the ZL1 front bumper should be fine. Are you doing speeds in excess of 100 all the time?? Sickeness stated his was really solid once all bolts attached. I have seen guys install with less with no issues. You would think if generating that much downforce two rods held on by tiny screws would not do the job either.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #120
CamaroI

Couple items came in prior to fest and some still waiting on...new hood still not arrived doh...

Painted tips black

Bra for protection on way down

Dual A piller with gauges will be mounted while down in Houston

Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #121
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Looking good
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #122
rjdapilmoto

Where did you get the bra? Might not be a bad idea to protect mine on the way from San Antonio. Although my front fascia has lots of nicks already. Doh!!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #123
CamaroI

Got from Ohio speed but call him for discount code. I can't remember it. It's tight fitting with my splitter but conforms we'll and will help with the grime. Took me less than 20 min to install and could now put on and take off less than 5 minutes

Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #124
rjdapilmoto

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #125
Trex_47e
Horsepower Therapy