Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 12-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
Pro charger D1SC

Need some help in deciding on a supercharger. Decided to go with a centrifugal, but need some honest opinions on the Procharger D1SC. The P1SC is the standard for the kit but for $200 more can get the D1. I plan on in the future building a larger stroker motor so I know the P1 may be a little small and really don't want to have to upgrade later. My 2010 SS M6 already had 1-7/8" kooks headers, hi flo cats, 3" Flowmaster cat back exhaust, with a tune. I only have 6500 mi on it so the stroker motor will be a few years away. Just want a reliable 550+ HP. Will the D1 be fine with a stock engine, not drag racing or anything just play on the streets a little. What fuel and injector mods will be needed to support the D1. Thanks ahead of time for all replies
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
Bo White

Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Why Procharger and not Vortech? Just asking.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Procharger is the way to go. Upgrade to the D1 and have a blast with it until you're ready to build it.

D1SC Procharger 780/661
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: 11 2SS/RS, Black/Inferno, L99 A6
Love my D1. Gives you plenty of room to grow into. You'll be fine on a stock motor until you're ready to go big. With the P1, your potential is maxed out from the get-go.

Padre

The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
If u are going to get the P1.... Go vortech instead. If you are going procharger for sure go d1sc.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (57x/53x at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
The d1 is good but for customers that have stroker plans I push them to the F1 series.

Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
You will get a variety of answers. What shop will you be using?
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
The d1 is good but for customers that have stroker plans I push them to the F1 series.
If he's for sure going stroker or looking for over 800 I agree 100%

D1SC Procharger 780/661
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #9
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

The stroker is far off in the future, got 1 more kid to get through college. So that'll be some time down the road. I won't be using a shop except for the tune. I've been a master tech for the last 20 yrs. This is my hobby and I will be doing all the install myself. I maintain cars during the day and modifiy in the evening stress reliever.... Don't need 800 hp it's a street toy so 550-600 is plenty for me. I do like road racing did it for years on my R6 would like to outfit the SS for mega power down the straights and a tight suspension for burning up the curves at VIR.
I would like to talk to a shop to make sure I order all of the right parts the first time. I'm in Virginia Beach VA. So really no one local to go to with a lot of lsx experience.
What fuel upgrades would I need to push 600+ to the tires and what boost level would be safe? Thx again for all replies
Old 01-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #10
Bo White

On my Paxton Im 9lbs with LPE dual pump and 60lb injectors and 580-600 depending on weather and dyno. Stock internals but will do head and cam swap soon with some 85lb injectors.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #11
Frans96ss
Race Proven Motorsports

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPERIALBLUE2SS View Post
The stroker is far off in the future, got 1 more kid to get through college. So that'll be some time down the road. I won't be using a shop except for the tune. I've been a master tech for the last 20 yrs. This is my hobby and I will be doing all the install myself. I maintain cars during the day and modifiy in the evening stress reliever.... Don't need 800 hp it's a street toy so 550-600 is plenty for me. I do like road racing did it for years on my R6 would like to outfit the SS for mega power down the straights and a tight suspension for burning up the curves at VIR.
I would like to talk to a shop to make sure I order all of the right parts the first time. I'm in Virginia Beach VA. So really no one local to go to with a lot of lsx experience.
What fuel upgrades would I need to push 600+ to the tires and what boost level would be safe? Thx again for all replies

Give us a call. I can get you a procharger kit and do the install and tuning for free If you buy the kit from us. I can also arrange shipping if its needed for you.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Quote:
A forged stroker is in my future as well. With my D1, I started with the upgraded intercooler. To move up to an F-series with a stroker, I *think* that I can use an F head unit with the same outlet diameter. That way, I can keep the rest of the plumbing.

Sounds like for your goals, the D1 is the way to go, with upgraded IC. I was at a solid 620 (automatic) for a good while when I still streeted it.

As for fuel, you have many options. I have Aeromotive and don't like it. I would go now with a Squash returnless when it comes out.

Padre

D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Yeah I'm kinda on the pay once and done scenario. I know the limits I'm willing to go and the D1 and the upgraded inter cooler are what I am intending to get. Trying to keep it streetable at all costs, no overheating, jerking or bogging or blubbering. 15 yrs ago I would've gone hog wild, and dealt with those inconveniences. Now comfort and convenience with some HP thrown in are my priorities.

Padre what injectors did you go with? Don't want a loud obnoxious fuel pump. Which one is adequate for my HP goal but quiet like stock? Besides SC whine I don't want to hear much else. Thx again
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #14
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Quote:
Padre what injectors did you go with? Don't want a loud obnoxious fuel pump. Which one is adequate for my HP goal but quiet like stock? Besides SC whine I don't want to hear much else. Thx again
I have 80lb injectors, forget which brand. At 620rwhp, they were at 70%. I'm probably pushing them now at 720rwhp. They are on my upgrade list if/when I go forged stroker and F-series.

If you don't like loud obnoxious pumps, don't go Aeromotive. It's one of the most unpleasant things about the car now.

Padre

Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Bo White

I don't hear my LPE dual pumps at all.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
The D1 is a great blower and will be perfect for your stock motor. Once you stroke it you will be limited to about 800rwhp. If more than that is your ultimate goal, go with an F1 series now. Or just sell your D1 when you're ready. Thats what i did. Going twin turbo in a couple weeks

ETA: Just read post #9 where you spell out your goals......the D1 will be perfect for you
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: STUPID SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 300M axles, 3.5"alum DS, MCLeod RXT clutch, 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Bo White, with the LPE dual pumps do you have to add a boost a pump or anything? 800 rwhp sounds nice but not trying to scatter my motor wife would kill me!!! She bought me the car for our 20 th anniv... I had to promise to not blow it up!! Had a 550hp 406 S10 I used to race. She reminded me of all the money I put into it and once I got it running where I wanted to it was very unpleasant on the street. Got dis interested and sold it. I hate having a strip only car. Besides I'm turboing my 08 ZX14, so if I want crazy sick acceleration and speed I'll pull that out of the garage! So I'm guessing 80lb injectors are what I need to accomplish my 600+ rwhp goal with the D1. Meth injection required at that level? Also will my hi-flo cats disintegrate? Seen a post awhile back discussing that may have to go Catless mid pipes. On vacation next few days guess I'll start calling and shopping around. I hope all our vendors are open the rest of the week! Willing to travel for a great deal! Thx for all the replies if I'm missing anything please feel free to let me know
Old 01-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #18
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA - Virginia Speed has a lot of LSx experience?
Old 01-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #19
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Quote:
Bo White, with the LPE dual pumps do you have to add a boost a pump or anything? 800 rwhp sounds nice but not trying to scatter my motor wife would kill me!!! She bought me the car for our 20 th anniv... I had to promise to not blow it up!! Had a 550hp 406 S10 I used to race. She reminded me of all the money I put into it and once I got it running where I wanted to it was very unpleasant on the street. Got dis interested and sold it. I hate having a strip only car. Besides I'm turboing my 08 ZX14, so if I want crazy sick acceleration and speed I'll pull that out of the garage! So I'm guessing 80lb injectors are what I need to accomplish my 600+ rwhp goal with the D1. Meth injection required at that level? Also will my hi-flo cats disintegrate? Seen a post awhile back discussing that may have to go Catless mid pipes. On vacation next few days guess I'll start calling and shopping around. I hope all our vendors are open the rest of the week! Willing to travel for a great deal! Thx for all the replies if I'm missing anything please feel free to let me know

The LPE is a nice fuel system and complete.Don't need a boost a pump.Good for a good 700+Rwhp and quiet.If you go on the LPE website,you can see the instructions.
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #20
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Really haven't heard much about them positive or negative about their work from the local camaro club. What I have heard is that they're expensive. I did call them about tuning my camaro once I got my CAI, LT headers, hi- flo cats, and catback. They wanted my camaro for 2 days, could not give me a definite price. Also they were talking about splicing in C6 O2 sensors because long tubes cause the stock O2's to read slow. Never heard of that and generally did not give me the confidence that I needed to leave my car with them for 2 days. All I could think of was them beating the heck out of my camaro with only 2k miles on it for 2 days, and selling me un needed parts. They were talking about close to 1k for a tune I don't think so. Not bashing but telling my side, and why I don't deal with them. I'm a professional mechanic myself and they raised more questions than provided answers. My buddy who has a ZL1 told me of another tuner who did his car. Awesome results, tuned in 1 day and were a great bunch of guys to work with, made me feel very welcome and genuinely went out of their way to make sure I was completely satisfied. I told them I was thinking of a cam they told me they would only charge me 1/2 price to re-tune my car. I like performance shops that build relationships with their customers, didn't get that feeling from VA Speed.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #21
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Feel free to give us a call at Lethal Racing. We would be happy to discuss your build and plans for your car.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:

Really haven't heard much about them positive or negative about their work from the local camaro club. What I have heard is that they're expensive. I did call them about tuning my camaro once I got my CAI, LT headers, hi- flo cats, and catback. They wanted my camaro for 2 days, could not give me a definite price. Also they were talking about splicing in C6 O2 sensors because long tubes cause the stock O2's to read slow. Never heard of that and generally did not give me the confidence that I needed to leave my car with them for 2 days. All I could think of was them beating the heck out of my camaro with only 2k miles on it for 2 days, and selling me un needed parts. They were talking about close to 1k for a tune I don't think so. Not bashing but telling my side, and why I don't deal with them. I'm a professional mechanic myself and they raised more questions than provided answers. My buddy who has a ZL1 told me of another tuner who did his car. Awesome results, tuned in 1 day and were a great bunch of guys to work with, made me feel very welcome and genuinely went out of their way to make sure I was completely satisfied. I told them I was thinking of a cam they told me they would only charge me 1/2 price to re-tune my car. I like performance shops that build relationships with their customers, didn't get that feeling from VA Speed.
Ohh I completely understand. I have never dealt with them, I just know that they are the premier Chevy shop in the 757 area. The only other shop that I know of that does LSx work is Dyno Tuned Performance in Virginia Beach. But the reason why I didn't go to them, is because I'd rather go to a shop that ONLY specializes in LS motors, and they do Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. Good luck and I hope you get squared away.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #23
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Go d1 if I could go back I would make the swap for that blower
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #24
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Go with the D1 or the F1A, you will love it. Trust me, we aways want more.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

That's the plan D1, just wondering if I should get a decent blower cam first. I need a cam that will work N/A for a while till I can get the D1. Really just want to do it one time. I know I said the 600 rwhp would be all I need but... We all know too much is never enough... Want a nice lope but streetable.. Any suggestions?