Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #69
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Noooo, you just called him out. Like the candyman or beetlejuice dont say it twice more.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #70
alcal1084
 
Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 487
This is going to be fun!!! I'm standing with car getting ready to walk on stage!!!
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #71
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
This is going to be fun!!! I'm standing with car getting ready to walk on stage!!!
Sweet!
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #72
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,317
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #73
Rockhead
Hoser.
 
Rockhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Like leaving a bank robbery
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greatest Country in the world.
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcal1084 View Post
This is going to be fun!!! I'm standing with car getting ready to walk on stage!!!
Pics?
__________________
Speed is a substitute for clearance.
Rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #74
richard200593

 
richard200593's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 849
650,000 to hendrick
__________________
*Performance:
mrt v2.0 exhaust/CAI Intake
*Cosmetic:
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #75
enyce0387
 
enyce0387's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs ls3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: long island NY
Posts: 350
Should have went just to drive the price up, Rick was buying no matter the cost
enyce0387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #76
AquaSSRS
 
AquaSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 425
Car looked amazing on TV. Makes the $75,000 MSRP seem cheap. I can't fathom being able to spend $650,000 on a car. Charity write off or not.
__________________
2013 Ashen gray ZL1 M6 with Roto-fab, Vmax TB, Pfadt headers, 10% pulley, JRE tuned. 11.459 @125mph. 566hp/517tq.
AquaSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #77
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 5,565
My guess was right. Wish I could spend as much money as rick can lol
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #78
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 4,957
Why would anybody even try to bid against Rick? Or did they or the house just help run the bid up to help benefit the charity.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #79
black.

 
Drives: IBM 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Why would anybody even try to bid against Rick? Or did they or the house just help run the bid up to help benefit the charity.
Shoulda ran the mustang GT up too then, but then he would of had buyers remorse.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #80
Zfatuated

 
Zfatuated's Avatar
 
Drives: BAC Mono
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Reno
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Wait, what? The Z/28 will be raced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yep!
Hey guys, as a Z/28 superfan let me say...there will be about as much similarity with stock Z/28 and this new Z/28.R race car as that with a GT3RS and a Cup car. In other words, they both start with the same body and diverge from there.

Race cars, especially in a sanctioned series are built to a very specific spec that will have next to nothing in common with the stock OE car. Nothing to fret or feel bad about, it is what it is. I would never want a purpose built race car to drive on the street (and it could not be street legal).

With that said and out of the way, I took note of the view of the Z/28 from the top during the auction. Awesome lines! Very attractive shape when viewed from above, I really dig it. It's a very aesthetically pleasing car from all angles. I really like the new 'Vette however I continue to find the Z/28 more attractive from a pure gut level. A primal level. Good stuff.

Oh PS- does anyone else think Ford completely blew it with the 2015 Mustang? I really like the look of the 2013/2014 'Stangs, but the new model looks like crap? I had high hopes based on some spy shots I saw. But the reality...ugh.
__________________
2014 Z/28, White
"I wasn't asked to make it cheap...I was asked to make it FAST!" Mark Stielow, the new Z/28.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #81
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Hey guys, as a Z/28 superfan let me say...there will be about as much similarity with stock Z/28 and this new Z/28.R race car as that with a GT3RS and a Cup car. In other words, they both start with the same body and diverge from there.

Race cars, especially in a sanctioned series are built to a very specific spec that will have next to nothing in common with the stock OE car. Nothing to fret or feel bad about, it is what it is. I would never want a purpose built race car to drive on the street (and it could not be street legal).

With that said and out of the way, I took note of the view of the Z/28 from the top during the auction. Awesome lines! Very attractive shape when viewed from above, I really dig it. It's a very aesthetically pleasing car from all angles. I really like the new 'Vette however I continue to find the Z/28 more attractive from a pure gut level. A primal level. Good stuff.

Oh PS- does anyone else think Ford completely blew it with the 2015 Mustang? I really like the look of the 2013/2014 'Stangs, but the new model looks like crap? I had high hopes based on some spy shots I saw. But the reality...ugh.
That's understood. The fact is they're using the Z/28 for racing. We'll see what's kept or not. The Vipers are in a series where nothing greater than 5.5L is allowed (hence the C7R 5.5L), but the Viper still uses it's V10 (detuned).

I feel the same regarding the 2015 Mustang. They keep saying it's more aggressive looking. I personally feel it's more Mustang II.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #82
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post

Oh PS- does anyone else think Ford completely blew it with the 2015 Mustang? I really like the look of the 2013/2014 'Stangs, but the new model looks like crap? I had high hopes based on some spy shots I saw. But the reality...ugh.
I will wait until I see one in person for final judgement but as of right now I'm not diggin it.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #83
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,598
I feel the 2014 front and rear look more appropriate on the 5Gen than the 2010-2013.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #84
alcal1084
 
Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 487
Good times!!! My buddy Robert with Al just before they brought the car on!!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  52.5 KB
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:55 AM   #85
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
I was only 100k off...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  67.3 KB
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.