Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
What powder coated color setup for my car?

I have a black camaro with the white stripes from the factory. I am currently running the matte black ZL1 wheels. Which color setup would you recommend? Im not good and deciding these kinds of things. And if your running a black camaro will you post a picture of how yours turned out?

Either
1 - Black with white and red brembo logo
2- Red with white brembo logo
3 - Black with white brembo logo
4 - Red with black brembo logo
Heartbeat Supercharger, Roto-Fab Cold Air,V-Maxx TB, Elite E2 Catch Can,NGK Trix7 Spark Plugs, GM Performance ZL1 Fuel Pump & ADM FPCM, ID-850 Injectors, JDP Clutch Res Relocation, Kooks LT's/Cat-less, Corsa 3" ZL1 black tip exhaust, 1.25'' Front & 1" Rear Drop, BMR (Sway's, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Front End Links, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Outer Trailing Arm Bushings) FMT Solid Subframe Bushings, Slotted and Dimpled Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads, 315's In the Rear and 275's Upfront
Nighthawk89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
Nighthawk89

#1 and how they would turn out
Attached Images

Heartbeat Supercharger, Roto-Fab Cold Air,V-Maxx TB, Elite E2 Catch Can,NGK Trix7 Spark Plugs, GM Performance ZL1 Fuel Pump & ADM FPCM, ID-850 Injectors, JDP Clutch Res Relocation, Kooks LT's/Cat-less, Corsa 3" ZL1 black tip exhaust, 1.25'' Front & 1" Rear Drop, BMR (Sway's, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Front End Links, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Outer Trailing Arm Bushings) FMT Solid Subframe Bushings, Slotted and Dimpled Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads, 315's In the Rear and 275's Upfront
Old 06-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Nighthawk89

Attached Images

Old 06-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Another option
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
NTENSITY

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE Package
If you want the caliper to stand out, go with red. If you want a more subtle look go with black. You could even go with a white caliper, but good luck keeping it clean. I think Metalic Blue caliper would look pretty cool. Did that on the Brembo's on my Caddy. Looking for pics, will post if I find em.
NTENSITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible Triple Black
Red with white Brembo decals.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTENSITY View Post
If you want the caliper to stand out, go with red. If you want a more subtle look go with black. You could even go with a white caliper, but good luck keeping it clean. I think Metalic Blue caliper would look pretty cool. Did that on the Brembo's on my Caddy. Looking for pics, will post if I find em.
Im leaning towards red with white. Looks pretty darn good!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #8
Nighthawk89

Looks great SS panther!!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Nighthawk89

Also, when i go to remove my calipers will i need to bleed my calipers at that time or when i get them back and go to re-install them? Ill be going to steel braided lines from there.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #10
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Red with white decals is always a winning combo. Don't do black you'll just hide those nice brembos.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #11
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Red with white decals is always a winning combo. Don't do black you'll just hide those nice brembos.
Votes seem to be coming in heavy on the red with white brembo logo. I think we might have found a winner!
Old 06-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Looks great SS panther!!
Thanks
Quote:
Also, when i go to remove my calipers will i need to bleed my calipers at that time or when i get them back and go to re-install them? Ill be going to steel braided lines from there.
I would bleed them. You may want to flush the entire system at the time and replace with some Motul RBF-600 Dot 4 or equivalent. With all your mods you will want to stop in time.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 PM   #13
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
You have to bleed them as they will have no fluid in them after the powdercoat process. Same for the SS lines. At mentioned above use a good DOT4 fluid. I also run Motul.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #14
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Thanks
I would bleed them. You may want to flush the entire system at the time and replace with some Motul RBF-600 Dot 4 or equivalent. With all your mods you will want to stop in time.
I agree, plus with the engine potentially being forged and more boost and overall power to come i figured why not do a little upgrading and sprucing up to the breaking quality.

I am going to run Amsoil Dot4. And should i wait till the new breaks are on to bleed them or before i take them off? I have yet to personally work on these style of breaks (Bleed them or get a better understanding of what it will take to replace the lines and remove the break calipers).
Old 06-14-2015, 02:46 AM   #15
SS PANTHER

Put your new lines and calipers on first and then bleed the whole system. There is a proper convention to this that I don't remember. I think it is right rear than left rear, etc. Double check this.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #16
Fast6.3

Drives: 2011 2ssrs vert 2010 silverado 6.3
once you put them on get a turkey baster and suck out as much of the old fluid from the reservoir than fill it with the new fluid. Start your bleeding at the passenger rear than driver rear passenger front and finally driver front. bleed until you see the new fluid at each wheel. Put the key in the on position to keep the abs module active also make sure you keep and eye on the reservoir and dont let it get less than half. keep adding fluid as needed.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #17
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
once you put them on get a turkey baster and suck out as much of the old fluid from the reservoir than fill it with the new fluid. Start your bleeding at the passenger rear than driver rear passenger front and finally driver front. bleed until you see the new fluid at each wheel. Put the key in the on position to keep the abs module active also make sure you keep and eye on the reservoir and dont let it get less than half. keep adding fluid as needed.
Great info!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
ss2014camaro
Slow

Drives: 2014 black ss/rs
Has anyone power coated the chrome? If so any pictures? Also with say black write ?
ss2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #19
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro

I like option #3 . Here's mine that a friend and I did a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #20
Nighthawk89

After further research im actuallynleaning towarda the red with the black brembo logo