Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Wicked vibration in the car .

So there may have been a post about this somewhere. This may be helpful to some . About 3 weeks ago I was driving to work in the A.M. and at about 7 miles all of a sudden I got a really bad vibration going through the whole car. Bad enough that I pulled over and got out and checked the car over I was doing 70 at the time I couldn't find anything wrong with the car. It was 32 out so I figured it might have been cold flat spotting with my summer tires. It happened again about a week later with no issues in between that time.

Fast forward to Last Wednesday. I had swapped to my snow tires a few days before and still know issues . Headed out to Virginia for the holidays and at about 11 miles into the trip the vibration came back. WTF. pull over nothing to be found so I buzz back up to 70 no more vibration on the trip.

I remembered reading on the forum here someone mentioning the parking brake cable sticking . So I made a appointment at a local garage in VA here and they looked at my parking brakes . Sure enough the passenger side parking brake leaver was rusted and sticking . Unfortunately the garage where I took the car couldn't get a new part so they took the old one out cleaned it up and put it back to together so that I can get home with no issues .

Here are the parking brake leaver part numbers incase anyone runs into this issue.
Attached Images