Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro 3.6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Bushing Recommendations?

I have a question regarding bushings. I daily drive my V6 Camaro and occasionally go to track days and do some spirited driving in the mountains around where I live. I have modified most systems on the car including adjustable coil-overs. I am mostly satisfied but am always looking for ways to improve the driving experience even further. There is one turn near my house that has a larger than 90 degree bends and right where the roads intersect there was some patchwork done to the road. Whenever I go over that bump the rear end feels a bit Mustang-ish. Can replacing the bushing make it feel more planted or connected in situations like that? In others experience is it worth changing out the bushings? If so what have others tried and satisfied with? Thanks!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Drives: Camaro Justice
Before everyone tells you you need to replace all of your bushings, what are your current alignment specs?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro 3.6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Before everyone tells you you need to replace all of your bushings, what are your current alignment specs?
Thanks for the reply and that's a good question. After I put in the coil over suspension I had the shop give me an alignment and it has been handling very well, but I don't know the specs. Is there a recommended setting other than stock?
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Drives: Camaro Justice
I hink you'll find this link useful. http://www.jpssonline.com/#/the-book...n-2010-camaro/

The 5th Gen is sensitive to rear toe settings and what you describe would be one area it would be very noticeable. Your toe links do have soft rubber bushings. The 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 come from the factory with a sealed monoball at each end of the link for greater control, The '11 model had very soft sub-frame bushings, but using the upgraded OE toe links and making sure the rear is Toe IN 0.12 per side really helps.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote